Any other Eco owners out there? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2009, 01:22 PM   #1

Trailer: 73 Eco
Hi everyone! After two years of searching for the right (price) trailer, hubby and I are the proud owners of a 1973 ECO! Found in someone's backyard, funny enough. We live in Florida so the first order of business will be installing AC as I am expecting and can't stand the heat right now. I was wondering if there were any other Eco owners out there that have already done this and also learn about any cool mods they might have done. We are brand new to "egg" owning so any advice would be welcome.
Thanks,
Erica
Brian
and soon to be Ripley
Erica Post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
Hi! Welcome to FGRV! I would love to see some pics of your new Egg, I have yet to hear of ECO! Thanks!
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Erica, I (Canadian) have an American lady hot-rod friend who has an Eco, I have no current pix of her set up, but she drives a (hot-rodded) 1942 Ford 2 door sedan and tows an Eco, color matched (a shade of medium blue) to her car. Not too many mods on the trailer to speak of except that she had redone the trailers insides on a coke a cola theme!! She lives in Sedro Woolley Washington. She has very limited access.....
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:04 AM   #4

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Welcome Erica, Brian and Ripley
Don't limit yourself to looking for mods to the ECO. This thread on the history should give you some idea of brand names that will be very similar in shape and construction.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Congrats and Welcome! Oh please do show pics of your new egg. I know one came up on the referral for sales last year, but it didn't have any pics. I know I would love to see it. Enjoy your travels. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:25 PM   #6

Trailer: 73 Eco
Thanks for the welcomes everyone. We will be picking up the "pumpkin" On monday. I'm so excited I'm already dreaming about how I want to recover the cusions..lol. I didn't know owning one of these little trailers would be so addictive! I should have some picss to load by the end of the week. Also the owner had saved newspaper articles and some original documents about the Eco. I will be happy to scan them and post them as I see there is not much data out there about this little guy that was only made for a year..
Erica Post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #7

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
I found this, hopefully helpful to the OP and it has pics!

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...mp;#entry280659
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:58 PM   #8

Erica, I bet they would love to have the info that your sellers have to give you. I know you can ask DonnaD, who it is that keeps up the brand info link, (it actually may be her) But I don't know.

As for more info, If you look on the link Monica sent you, there is a poster by the name of Amando Aguilar, he seems to have an Eco as well and if you click on his name then click profile you will see that he was just on the forum this last week in his profile there is a link to "Send a message", I would put in the subject line that you are a member here looking for other Eco owners. He's around so you guys might be able to exchange info as well, though there is always great help and info from most here even if they don't own the particular brand you have. Best of luck! Oh and yes these little cuties are very addictive! Enjoy! Robin
Old 04-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #9

Trailer: Eco Featherlite 1970 (Circa)
Registry

Name:   PICT0421_copy1.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  25.3 KB
Erica..welcome to Our little world!..by the time you get this you will have already acquired your special gift(addiction). Congrats! As you will find out the ECO is similar in Alot of respects to the Boler. Roy from TO has posted very good info on the hx. Diana & Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Img_1313.jpg  
jeff isaacson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:10 AM   #10

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Thanks for posting the second picture Jeff. It further supports my suspiscions that the ECO was an offshoot of the boler American. Things such as the double sets of round marker lights and the plug on the front for the trailer wiring harness look to be remarkably similar.
Roy
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #11

Jeff, I have a question about your Pic, Was that taken at Pueblo Res? Or Rifle Gap? I am trying to figure out what lake. The pic campground looks to pristine to be Pueblo, but more trees and grass than Rifle, though I know they have done a lot of upgrades since I was last at Rifle Gap. So what lake is it? Cute Egg you guys have! Glad to see that there is a vintage/rare egg in Colorado. Again would love to know what campground that is. Thanks Robin
Old 04-28-2009, 10:55 AM   #12

Trailer: Eco Featherlite 1970 (Circa)
Registry
hello Robin
As you may have guessed am not to savvy on uploadin' pics(but I'm lernin'). By the way thoz shots wer takin' at Wilson Lake (near the Garden of Eden) Lucas Ks.(www.garden-of-eden-lucas-kansas.com). We go in late Sept. and I guarantee ya' We r the only people there. There are more UFO sightings there than Egg sightings(whats the difference)? I really enjoy the fossil hunting. Any waze we will be touring with the ECO this weekend, irregardless of the weather at Rifle State Park(adjacent to the Gap). Its been snowing nearly every weekend here since November. And to the point that I finally replaced my old Suburban heater with a newer old one! Heat Is Nice!
Attached Thumbnails
Copy__1__of_PICT0419A.jpg  
jeff isaacson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #13

Kansas huh! Beautiful! Thanks for the info! Yes, I heard you guys have been getting dumped on. We use to live up East Elk Creek! Still have a ton of friends there. Their over the moisture. We had a mild winter here on the east side, but spring has sprung a leak............... Your weather is finally making it over the mountains to us. Here, the last few weeks its mostly been rain, expecting more this week. Enjoy your camping weekend. Robin

You do great with pics. Thanks for posting them. Again, glad to see there is more egg life here in Colorado.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:56 PM   #14

Name: Patricia
Trailer: ECO & Casita
California
Registry
I have a 74 ECO. It needs a bit of tlc, but also a new furnace. Having trouble finding one that will fit in the space of the old Suburban furnace. What did you get to replace yours? THanks
Pat Stipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:33 PM   #15

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Stipe View Post
I have a 74 ECO. It needs a bit of tlc, but also a new furnace. Having trouble finding one that will fit in the space of the old Suburban furnace. What did you get to replace yours? THanks
Hi Pat, you may want to start a new thread with your question so it stands out. This thread is a bit old and the title really doesn't lend itself to what info you're looking for .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:10 AM   #16

Name: Keith
Trailer: ECO
Mississippi
We have an ECO

So glad to see some folks have these! We have just purchased our first ECO, it’s currently stripped, no floor even. But looking forward to the rebuild!
Attached Thumbnails
F0DF19AD-7161-48FD-92DB-744855EF7E48.jpg  
aarongrey67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco