I BOUGHT THE PERRIS PACER! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #21

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Holy crap, Batman, if it's this picky to get a trailer from AZ to NE, what's it like to go from Canada to US????

Guess I'll be on the phone tomorrow! Thankfully, one of the many positives that caught my eye in the write up of this camper is: "Seller has clear Arizona title, in his name." Somehow, I knew this would be a good thing!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:57 AM   #22

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quote:
Holy crap, Batman, if it's this picky to get a trailer from AZ to NE, what's it like to go from Canada to US???!
Well it was a bit tricky the first time, because I didn't know the ropes. The second time was a relative snap

What I took away from the experience (for an older trailer; newer is different) is that it's all in what YOUR state is going to want when you go to title or register the trailer. I could have brought 50 trailers in to the US in an afternoon as far as the US border was concerned, but getting them titled in my state came with a whole list of forms, procedures, and etc. Not that it was so hard, but it was picky, and they gave me wrong information the first time I called (luckily, the PO's up in Winnipeg were helpful, so we got it sorted out; but I was sweating for a few days).

Some states are pretty lax, it seems, while others are sticklers. So check with yours. And do take names

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #23

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Quote:
Holy crap, Batman, if it's this picky to get a trailer from AZ to NE, what's it like to go from Canada to US????

Guess I'll be on the phone tomorrow! Thankfully, one of the many positives that caught my eye in the write up of this camper is: "Seller has clear Arizona title, in his name." Somehow, I knew this would be a good thing!
Vickie,

AZ does indeed title trailers, but the process for you is very simple. I bought my current Casita from a private owner in AZ, so I know the drill.

The link I gave you tells you how to handle the title transfer. Your seller said on eBay he had a clear title in his name, so you'll need to verify that (name, VIN, no lien...). Then you'll need to go to a notary because his signature must be notarized.

Then you'll need to go to the web site (the link Alan provided) and buy the 30 day temporary permit. In AZ, the tags stay with the seller, so you must have the permit as temporary tags; tape it on the inside of the rear window. It only costs a few bucks and you print it out yourself (the seller will no doubt let you use his computer).

It's all easy and you should concentrate on having fun.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:08 AM   #24

Hi Morgan,

I guess it didn't occur to me that one could get a temporary tag from the state one is buying from. I had figured it had to be "your" state. But live and learn! Thanks

Raya
Old 08-27-2009, 10:02 AM   #25

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Quote:
Congratulations Vickie, you will enjoy your new cute little egg immensely!

Actually, when we bought our Escape in Canada we simply did all the necessary paperwork to cross the border (with guidance from Reace and Tammy) and brought it home, all we had was the bill of sale, but we registered it the next day in WA. No trip permit, etc. You will be traveling more days so finding out all the ins and outs is a good idea.

When we sold our 13' Burro, as small and simple as it was it took 2 -3 hours to go over everything with the new, first-time owners, who drove from Idaho to pick it up. So plan on plenty of time. We had a check list to go over so hopefully the current owners will have a list of things to tell you. Since our buyers were new owners, my husband was very careful to explain about the propane system, electric system, water tank, etc. None of this is complicated, but most folks buying a trailer for the first time are not familiar with the basics of propane (unless you happen to live rural!).

I agree, you only need the basics mentioned - bedding, pots and pans, plates & bowls, silverware, dish soap, some towels, etc. Matches are a good idea! You won't really know what you want to be cozy until you get it - for example, if the existing cushions aren't as comfortable as you need you might want to stop somewhere and buy a simple foam mattress pad. Just plan a 'shopping' day, or few hours, somewhere en route. Part of the fun of a trailer is having a 'mini' home for 'nesting' - we hit up a JC Penney's sale and got some bedding, towels, little rugs, etc.

The name Perris Pacer always fascinates me, wonder if anyone on the forum can tell you some history?

Enjoy falling in love!

Penney

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:56 AM   #26

Registry
Morgan,

You're a doll--I woke us this morning "panicked" about just about everything. But your easy instructions, (and having exp. from the state of AZ) was great!

And Penney and Mike--you helped me when I was thinking "why am I doing this?" Cause I want the little mini home to nest in--yet still travel (and with dogs.)

The next hurdle I had to get over was "Where am I going to work on this trailer, since I'm restricted by the HOA?'" Yes, I had thought of that, researched that, and thought I was OK, but then reality set in. Well, I just got back from Budget Storage, which is 1/2 mile or so away from me, and the manager assured me it was OK to do stuff right there in the lot (can't make a BIG mess), and even said I could use his tools. Nice guy. So that's paid up for the next 6 months.

So now I'll relax, sip my iced mocha coffee, and take my meds. (J/K)

Old 08-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #27

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
So now I'll relax, sip my iced mocha coffee, and take my meds. (J/K)
!

Don't make yourself crazy, this is suppose to be fun! Enjoy it
!!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #28

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Breath!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:25 PM   #29

Breathe, even!
Old 08-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #30

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
LOL! Yes that too! I was in a hurry.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #31

Trailer: 73 Boler
Don't worry needlessly about backing up... it will come with experience. Search for Backing up in the archives. If **I** can learn it...

Backing up with a trailer Hold your hand at the BOTTOM of the steering wheel. To turn the trailer LEFT move your hand to the left. Right turn hand to right. Hope this clears up any confusion.
K Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:58 PM   #32

Vickie, You should be there by now......................... Have you got it? Where's the pics? We're waiting. Still excited? Is it everything you wanted? Robin
Old 09-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #33

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
They did a great job! This is the PP I posted about on concignment a couple of months ago. The guy that picked it up did a great job of the renos and it is as cute as a button.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #34

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
Certainly not the reccommended proceedure but here is the tale. About two years ago I was in the process of moving from Idaho to Oklahoma for a temporary assignment. Prior to departing for Oklahoma ( after moving out of the apartment in Idaho ) I had to go visit my Mom in California so I left my trailer with the guy who does my rv repairs, he stuck it in the corner of his lot. I returned picked up the trailer and departed for Oklahoma. Upon arrival in Oklahoma my sister in law was looking at the trailer and said " what happened to the license plate ?". Apparently one of the guys at the rv repair shop where I stored the trailer for a couple of weeks was concerned that my plates might disapear and had removed them for safety. I had towed that trailer, minus plates, through five states and the following metro areas; Salt Lake City, Denver, Albuquerque and Amarillo to mention a few without a single " person of authority " noticing. I have changed my departure checklist to now include " check trailer to assure license plates are attached " Lee
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:26 AM   #35

Trailer: 1970 (Circa) Compact Jr and 1993 Casita
When we got ready for our 8 hour trip to Illinois to get our Compact Jr.-we packed a few tools we thought we might need-some extra clothes and off we went -to buy the trailer sight unseen. We thought if it doesn`t work out-we would sight see and enjoy the drive.
Very nice experience-nice trailer-enjoyable transaction-Bobby was so nice with advice about the camper and his town and gave us a tour.
Upon arriving home-we discovered the camper did not have a spare tire. We were so happy with our purchase we never even noticed there was no spare tire!
Have fun and enjoy the trip.
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #36

Thanks Gina for an update! So you made it back home. Hope you enjoyed your trip.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 PM   #37

Registry
Hi guys and gals,

Sorry I've been MIA, but you know how it is when you are learning about a camper (and you know NOTHING!) Gina has been a great teacher, and the camp is quiet and cool at night. I bet it's hopping tomorrow with the holiday weekend starting!

Robin, we LOVE it! It's so very nice and the people are just wonderful! The seller has 2 16 ft. Casitas he's renovating now, not to mention the huge van he is turning into a camper for himself!

I like the pump on the sink faucet (so I don't have to "pump" it), the fridge works great. Have to learn to arrange the closet, right now food is just thrown in there---but I know there are lots of ideas on this website. PETT Potty and Wag bags are WONDERFUL!!! (where was this stuff when I was a kid!)

Went to Painted Desert/Petrified Forest today. Very cool! Love seeing eveything that is NOT Nebraska. We leave for home tomorrow morning. Hope to see more fiberglass campers on the road, as coming here only saw ONE (four miles into Colorado.) I'm happy to say that now I've seen the inside of a Perris Pacer (obviously), Burro, and 16 ft. Casita. Can't wait to see a Compact Jr. and the others sometime!

Should be an interesting trip back----first time towers, may have rain most the way, and it's Labor Day weekend, and we have no camp reservations! We are turning into "wild and crazy people!" Yahoo!

Later, Vickie
Old 09-03-2009, 10:31 PM   #38

Registry
Yes, they are wild and crazy!... I have to keep going down there and shushing them

Their Element is just like mine was! Same color and everything! sigh... I miss my Element and the simplicity of towing with it.

Today, the wild and crazy folks watched me dump my black tank. I think they have an even greater appreciation for their porta potti now... at least... until they have to dump it
Old 09-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #39

Registry
oh... you didn't mention the cute little generator that he threw in..

it's a tiny 500w job.. real quiet!

It appears they lucked out and got a great seller on this one!
Old 09-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #40

Oh yeah! Glad to hear it's going great! And I kinda detect that maybe your husband is getting on the band wagon as well? That's really good news! Enjoy!

Pictures???????????????????

Tags
perris pacer