Unique opportunity on 1982 Perris Pacer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2010, 04:05 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
I am in the middle of the renovation of a 1982 Perris Pacer that I will put up for sale in a couple months.

My intent is to restore this trailer to a better than new condition. Right now it has been stripped and gutted. A clean slate, so to speak, so that I can replace all of the electrical wiring and plumbing; clean up and repair any and all wear'n'tear or hidden damage; and completely re-do all of the interior components as needed.

Many other upgrades are being considered, however, the new and future "owner" may want certain "personalized" features that are best designed or integrated
into the renovation process now.

If you have an interest in owning a customized and completely renovated Perris Pacer, and want to be involved in the process by specifying your own upgrades or details, please let me know.

RJ
Old 01-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #2

Trailer: Outfitter Michiganni Truck Camper and 13 ft Scamp
Hi Robert. Your offer is intriguing. We are wanting to switch from an Outfitter tent camper on a mini extended-cab truck to a light trailer to be pulled by something 4WD yet to be determined. You see, our almost 9-yr-old daughter is outgrowing the booster seat modification set up in the extended cab.

I'm not completely familiar with Perris Pacer trailers. Can we start with you telling me some details like:
What is the inside height? What is the wheel size? What kind of axle? How much does it weigh?

Our dream trailer would have a queen-size bed (that converts to a table) and a single bed (or possibly a bunk bed) that also converts to a little table. Also, we want pulmans for storage and counter space, not to hold a sink and stove (because inside use of a sink and stove would only happen in poor weather). We do want a 3-way fridge. So, I don't think we would need any plumbing other than some kind of water tank. No heater wanted either.

We are open to suggestions anyone has about what kind of options are available for us to consider.

BTW, we're in very Southern California, but we traveled to Longmont, CO to get our camper.

Warmly,
Leata (and Bobby) Griswold
Old 01-16-2010, 09:45 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Registry
Quote:
Hi Robert. Your offer is intriguing. We are wanting to switch from an Outfitter tent camper on a mini extended-cab truck to a light trailer to be pulled by something 4WD yet to be determined. You see, our almost 9-yr-old daughter is outgrowing the booster seat modification set up in the extended cab.

I'm not completely familiar with Perris Pacer trailers. Can we start with you telling me some details like:
What is the inside height? What is the wheel size? What kind of axle? How much does it weigh?

Our dream trailer would have a queen-size bed (that converts to a table) and a single bed (or possibly a bunk bed) that also converts to a little table. Also, we want pulmans for storage and counter space, not to hold a sink and stove (because inside use of a sink and stove would only happen in poor weather). We do want a 3-way fridge. So, I don't think we would need any plumbing other than some kind of water tank. No heater wanted either.

We are open to suggestions anyone has about what kind of options are available for us to consider.

BTW, we're in very Southern California, but we traveled to Longmont, CO to get our camper.

Warmly,
Leata (and Bobby) Griswold

Hi Leata,

This 1982 Perris Pacer was built in Perris Valley, CA, and from what I can tell was modeled (like so many others) after the original Canadian Boler. It is 13' long from the front hitch to the rear bumper. The trailer itself is (like the Boler and other 13'ers) approx. ten feet long, six feet wide and six feet tall. Unladen, it only weighs about 1000lbs.

If you are unfamiliar with the shape and interior configuration of these "eggs," may I suggest you go to my website and look at our premiere Scamp project. http://www.tep-campers.com

The axle and wheel size are two of the many choices the next owner of this trailer can make. (I prefer to install a Dexter Torflex axle (with electric brakes) and 15" wheels and tires.)

Though I am unfamiliar with the term "pulman," most of your "dream" specifications are do-able. It all depends on your choices and budget. Again, this trailer, when finished, will be better equipped and appointed than when it was new.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

Regards.

RJ
Old 01-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #4

Trailer: 1977 Boler (Orange Sunrise 'Clementine')
Registry
Just curious: how much do you expect your creations to run? I realize it will depend on the options selected by the buyer, but can you give a general price range for an egg with middle-of-the-road options?
Old 01-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Registry
Quote:
Just curious: how much do you expect your creations to run? I realize it will depend on the options selected by the buyer, but can you give a general price range for an egg with middle-of-the-road options?

Hi Amy,

That's a tough question to answer with any specificity. My goal with every renovation is to design, build and appoint a product with more inherent quality and thoughtfulness than original. And as they say, the devil is in the details. But I intend to deliver these projects at an affordable price — significantly less than anything that's currently available new.

RJ
Old 01-18-2010, 09:23 AM   #6

Trailer: Outfitter Michiganni Truck Camper and 13 ft Scamp
Thank you Robert for your reply. We are quite interested in talking more details with you. My term pulman was even misspelled. It should be pullman, but it doesn't seem to be a very common term. I think it's originally a railroad term for a cabinet with a sink in a RR car. I was trying to say we want the cabinet/counter, but not the sink/stove. My husband, Bobby, will want to talk the majority of the details. Is it best to continue by direct email as opposed to this forum?

Warmly,
Leata
Old 01-18-2010, 10:36 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Registry
Feel free to send a PM. Just click on my name and follow the prompts.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:27 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Registry
Update on the 1982 Perris Pacer custom build-up!

We are now at the stage of renovation where the prospective buyer could choose custom design and/or personal considerations, such as wall covering material, floor covering, custom cabinetry, exterior paint and other special amenities.

The basics of renovation are well under way.

Right now this PP has all new DOT as well as cabin wiring. New LED interior lighting. New LED DOT lighting. Plus new American 20amp converter.

The frame has been sandblasted, reinforced and customized. POR-15 paint will keep it rust-free for years to come. The interior now has all new Reflectix insulation.

A new Dexter axle, with electric brakes, will accommodate 15" wheels and tires.

Until we get a commitment from a buyer with instructions otherwise, we have to push on and build this trailer to our own standards and in a fashion that best meets the demands of the marketplace.

Please let us know if you have any interest in this sure to be one of a kind trailer.

Tags
perris pacer