Upgrading RVs to Oliver - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #41

Name: Rob
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II, #70
Montana
Likewise I agree here. And the white makes for a much brighter interior when camped deep into the forest. While staying at Monte Sano St Park in AL back in Sept even in our T@b at the time which is normally fairly bright inside it seemed quite a bit darker than we would have preferred in the forest.

rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Merritt View Post
I like the white interior. With the counter top and table surfaces, the cushions, bedding, flooring and cabinet doors (potentially), there is lots of opportunity to introduce color and warmth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rob Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 04:29 PM   #42

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
I suppose if one was really ambitious, you could delete the window shades and go with a colorful curtain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - https://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:58 PM   #43

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Love it, looks great.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:34 PM   #44

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
I could not find their prices on their website. While the 23' looks great, no idea how much for the base and options.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:36 PM   #45

Montana
Cathi the base price for the 2015 models now in production are $41,000 up from $39,500 for 2014 albeit with some changes and add ons that mostly make up for the price increase.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:39 PM   #46

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
All you folks with Oliver's on order do know there are options to the mirrored cabinet doors, don't you? In ours, we chose black. Several reasons: that's what we had in our previous Oliver, matches the fridge door and our (non standard) microwave, gives some contrast to "all that white" (just pokin' fun), keeps me from seeing myself all the time and bottom line, it's what WE preferred.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:45 PM   #47

Montana
Yep, knew that Steve. Likewise the last thing I wanted to see first thing in the AM was little 'ol me in a mirror. Makes for a horrible sight to start the day off.

So have been working on another possible solution. My wife came up with frosting, i.e. sandblasting the plexi mirrors but have not been able to find anyone who can do this and guarantee an even finish. So we have bagged that idea though a good one and think at this point I will put my woodworking skills to the task and laminate wood veneer onto the existing plexi. Either that or just remake the doors entirely out of wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
All you folks with Oliver's on order do know there are options to the mirrored cabinet doors, don't you? In ours, we chose black. Several reasons: that's what we had in our previous Oliver, matches the fridge door and our (non standard) microwave, gives some contrast to "all that white" (just pokin' fun), keeps me from seeing myself all the time and bottom line, it's what WE preferred.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:46 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Outlaw View Post
Cathi the base price for the 2015 models now in production are $41,000 up from $39,500 for 2014 albeit with some changes and add ons that mostly make up for the price increase.
Thanks, Rob. Someone had told me a similar price but then I thought I saw that a 17' Oliver owner was saying his 17' was nearly 40K so I wondered. Do not know why they want to keep the prices off of the website. Seems that keeps business away. Maybe they can only make a few and do not want more business.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #49

Montana
Understand they do not make the 17's currently though I believe they will be later in 2015. Its a different critter sort of. Same quality and attention to detail just smaller. Not sure why they don't advertise their prices but call Robert Partee he can answer every question you have and then some. As for production, its my understanding about 2 per month though they are trying to increase it to 3 per month. Nothing like the vast majority of TT where 30-40 per day go out the door. We're talking custom hand made right down to the last bolt.

Hope this helps
Old 10-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #50

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Quote:

Looking at the new list of standards, you guys are getting way more than $1500 worth of upgrades. Nobody ever said they're inexpensive, but I can guarantee you are getting more quality than you're expecting. During the three (or so) months of our build, I went to the factory every other week and spent an eight hour shift with the fellows on the line. I watched them closely, asked a ton of questions and used my engineering to make suggestions (sometimes they even listened). I can say from observation, their work is top notch. You won't be disappointed in your unit and, better yet, you won't spend the next few years monking around with it modding it up trying to get it to be what it should have been all along. You can spend that time camping and enjoying one of the finest molded fiberglass travel trailers in the world.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:02 PM   #51

The pricing seems to be the opposite of Escapes where practically everything is an add-on. Options may commonly be $6-8,000 and some people spend well above that. You can also do almost anything on an Escape and people have. The Oliver is said to be a four-season trailer while the Escape is not. Again though, Escape will add on and make changes to attempt to make it that way, if someone so desires.

The build itself is very different between the two, considering that they are both molded fiberglass. That has interesting aspects. Oliver has nothing in the 20' range, however, and it is surprising that they went from 17' to 23'.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:06 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
Looking at the new list of standards, you guys are getting way more than $1500 worth of upgrades. Nobody ever said they're inexpensive, but I can guarantee you are getting more quality than you're expecting. During the three (or so) months of our build, I went to the factory every other week and spent an eight hour shift with the fellows on the line. I watched them closely, asked a ton of questions and used my engineering to make suggestions (sometimes they even listened). I can say from observation, their work is top notch. You won't be disappointed in your unit and, better yet, you won't spend the next few years monking around with it modding it up trying to get it to be what it should have been all along. You can spend that time camping and enjoying one of the finest molded fiberglass travel trailers in the world.
I doubt that anyone ever spends 8-hour shifts at the factory for their build. It is certainly nice that they let you do that.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:07 PM   #53

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Yep, knew that Steve. Likewise the last thing I wanted to see first thing in the AM was little 'ol me in a mirror. Makes for a horrible sight to start the day off.

So have been working on another possible solution. My wife came up with frosting, i.e. sandblasting the plexi mirrors but have not been able to find anyone who can do this and guarantee an even finish. So we have bagged that idea though a good one and think at this point I will put my woodworking skills to the task and laminate wood veneer onto the existing plexi. Either that or just remake the doors entirely out of wood.
Rob you could put vinyl transfer over the mirrors, maybe a frosted look ? Goes on like contact paper. They come in all sorts of patterens and styles. Big box stores carry them.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:21 AM   #54

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
Don't worry, the options list is lengthy. Not hard to add another 10 grand of goodies.

I don't plan on pestering during the build. Honestly I'm too busy to go down there. So I'm trusting they know what they are doing and will deliver the best.

I'm also not one to make changes. After the final work order is done, they are on their own until they call for delivery.
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - https://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:14 AM   #55

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathi View Post
Oliver has nothing in the 20' range, however, and it is surprising that they went from 17' to 23'.
It is interesting where Oliver decided their market segment was. It will also be interesting to see if they can grow to a simultaneous, multiple product producer and yet maintain the build quality. An Oliver in the 19-20’ range would be something I would like to see.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:26 AM   #56

Montana
Astute observations Cathi. The Escapes are nice indeed, but for us the only floor plan we liked was the 5th wheel but we didn't want a 5th even though its my understanding they tow very nicely. We use our truck bed for lots of things and having the hitch there just wasn't an option we wanted to deal with. And it least to us the Oliver just looks so cool.

Hopefully I am not speaking out of turn but it was my understanding from Robert when they went back into the market the decision was made to produce a product that was not available otherwise. To my way of thinking they have succeeded immensely and believe this to be a wise marketing plan too.

Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathi View Post
The pricing seems to be the opposite of Escapes where practically everything is an add-on. Options may commonly be $6-8,000 and some people spend well above that. You can also do almost anything on an Escape and people have. The Oliver is said to be a four-season trailer while the Escape is not. Again though, Escape will add on and make changes to attempt to make it that way, if someone so desires.

The build itself is very different between the two, considering that they are both molded fiberglass. That has interesting aspects. Oliver has nothing in the 20' range, however, and it is surprising that they went from 17' to 23'.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:29 AM   #57

Montana
Thanks for the tip Dave, but at this point I am full steam ahead on the idea of doing the wood veneer. It will be more expensive but worth I think… hope.

rob
Old 10-30-2014, 02:40 PM   #58

Name: Dave
Trailer: In the market
Oregon
I've been following the Oliver reintroduction closely. Just got off the phone with Alicia and wanted to clarify some dimensions as there have been misunderstandings in the past. The Legacy Elite II is 23'-6" bumper to ball and the smaller Legacy Elite is 18'-6" bumper to ball. Oliver is "hoping" to have a prototype of the smaller Elite built this December. The molds have been cleaned up and I'm sure there has been much thought on all the rest of what it will take to get it going. The Elite will be 5" narrower (6'-6" vs 6'-11") and have 5" less headroom (6'-1" vs 6'-6") than its big brother. Its actual size will be the same as the original was (same molds). Oliver has some new schematics that Alicia can email you as a PDF. Regards,
Dave
ddphel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:54 PM   #59

Maybe I am wrong but it seems there is no permanent bed. If you set up the bed permanently, then you have a very small 2-person dinette with no real lounge area?
Old 10-30-2014, 07:54 PM   #60
Commercial Member

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008 / Jeep Wrangler 2008 Unlimited
New 17' mold mod ?

Mention of the 17 Elite's return into production earlier in this thread, prompted me to bring it up with a friend at the factory. That friend sent this photo by email with no explanation. It seems to be a 17' inner, lower hull that may have been changed to move a central heat unit down into the basement ? Those central heat units are extremely quiet and Betty and I just love them !
Wow, could that signal major change in the new 17'er that is rumored to appear late this year ? Here is a look at that photo.
Anders Laurits is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver