Propane recommendation for Alberta - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #1

Name: Amy
Trailer: BigFoot
Alberta
Propane recommendation for Alberta

Hi all

I need a recommendation for someone to install all new propane lines in Alberta or BC area in a Bigfoot 17B.

Does anyone know of someone good to use

Thanks
www.directuganda.com
Mountain Moma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:06 AM   #2

Name: abcde
Trailer: noneofyourbusiness
British Columbia
Propane line installation for Bigfoot

The propane installs in Bigfoot trailers are not much different to any other trailer but you DO need an installer who is experienced in working with glass fibre trailers or boats. You have to be much more careful with fasteners such as self-tapping metal screws, as glass fibre can crumble once drilled to take a fastener.

Gilmay RV in Vernon, BC specialize in repairs and full restorations of Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) and have some ex Bigfooters who worked at the factory before they went bankrupt in the 2008 recession. Bigfoot is of course back in business again.

Gilmay have a good reputation on the bigfootowners.com forum but they do seem on the expensive side.

I just replaced the propane regulator and pig tails on my Bigfoot and that was quite an easy DIY job. A full propane line installation is a much more extensive job! Good luck.

Tags
eco, propane