Demand water pump turns itself off after a few seconds. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2017, 08:47 PM   #1

Name: Lorie
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Demand water pump turns itself off after a few seconds.

If anyone can tell me why... my demand water pump turns itself off after about 8 seconds. I thought the old water pump was bad (2004 scamp 16' w bathroom) so I replaced it with similar model. New pump is doing same thing old one was doing before it died.

I have about 4 gals water in fresh tank and water is drizzling through the faucet but no pressure.

I've watched all the owner manual videos. I know the faucet and water pump worked last year.

I replaced the converter and panel a few months ago and everything is working great in that area.

Strangest thing is that everything works (electrically anyway, just no actual water being pumped to the faucet) for a few seconds and then it quits.

Seems like there's a blockage or another system element in the equation that I'm not aware of.

Anyone know more about this to help me troubleshoot?
Lorie Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Is it possible that your screen in your facet has become plugged? That would explain the drizzle and possibly make the pump think you have turned off the water based on the pressure sensor.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:07 PM   #3

Wisconsin
I think we're onto something, Dave. I removed the faucet arm and turned on the handle and water bubbles up. I tried to blow through the faucet arm and can barely do so. There must be a mineral deposit or something plugging the faucet arm.

Thanks for the suggestion! I was getting frustrated and not thinking clearly about it I guess.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:23 PM   #4

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
Lorie, try the clogged shower head trick. Put some white vinegar in a baggie and seal it around the faucet gooseneck. It doesn't need to be in the vinegar, just able to get some of the fumes to back up into the neck. Let it set for at least 24 hours. Calcium deposits from mineralized water could be caked inside the fixture. It's a cheap thing but might help, and a lot less annoying than taking the fixture off and soaking it.
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:25 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
You might try soaking it in CLR. We have had to do that on our house facets due to minerals in our community well system.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:31 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Just remove the aerator and clean it of debris. Make sure you pay attention when you take it apart so you can put it back together. There is a filter that is likely clogged. The water pump works just like a gas pump. When it senses back pressure, it shuts off the flow.
If you are lucky, you can just rap it on a hard surface to remove the crud and not have to take it apart to clean the filter.
Attached Thumbnails
Aerator plug.jpg  
Old 07-03-2017, 06:28 PM   #7

Wisconsin
It was plugged almost solid with what looks like a ceramic powder.

Situation is resolved and I'm back in business. Thanks all!!
Old 07-03-2017, 07:23 PM   #8

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Cool, wouldn't it be nice if they all could be this easy
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco