Bigfoot resale desirable floor plans - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-31-2019, 09:20 AM   #1

Name: Roger
Trailer: Bigfoot
BC
Bigfoot resale desirable floor plans

Thinking about selling our 05 25FB21 and was wondering if the front bedroom is more or less desirable then the rear bedroom. I realize that it is more of a preference to most people but is one more difficult to find then the other ? Also, I see in some ads that a/c was not necessarily a given so does this help in the resale ? What other options are desirable when it comes to a resale ?
Thanks to all for the input.
hb32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:55 AM   #2

Name: Roger
Trailer: Bigfoot
BC
I thought that the awning was standard. Cleanliness would be something I thought would be a given as well as no leaks.
hb32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:27 AM   #3

Name: Russ
Trailer: 2020 25 RQ
British Columbia
Although we just sold our 2004 21 ft Rb, the floor plan was much preferred over the Fb. There is undoubtedly more available floor space in the Rb, with the dinette located at the front and not in the middle of the trailer as in a Fb.

Over and above the standard features and the preferred floor plan, the second question I would ask as a potential buyer is "where has it been stored when not in use?"

For me, this will tell me a lot of how it's been cared for, how much the weather has impacted it, etc....
Russ Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:40 AM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I’m in the “how has it been stored” camp as well. Our first molded FG trailer obviously spent its life stored outside. Our last two were stored in a garage most or all of their lives. They continue to stored under cover (carport and garage).

A newbie buyer may not appreciate the difference but a savvy one will.

There still is a short supply of used units so buyers may not get the floorplan they prefer. A savvy buyer will probably wait. A newbie probably won’t.

As far as your "givens", I can only say I have looked at several used molded FG trailers, many were dirty, and most had clear evidence of leaks. You might be surprised. Some had obvious floor rot too. The ones with floor rot I passed on but were sold to others.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 09:00 AM   #5

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2000 Bigfoot 21RB, & 92 Vanagon Westy
Idaho
As someone looking for a 25B21RB. I want that floor plan because of the larger dinette, and better layout (personal opinion). I am not interested in a small dinette that has a view of the neighbor's area. By this I mean in standard campgrounds the space in front of your door has your table and awning, while the backside is the place your neighbors will be hanging out. There is also the issue that the front bed model had a recall due to too little front weight.

Things I look for, how it was stored, the condition of the roof caulking, is the trailer clean, rot of any kind. And basically how well taken care of the trailer appears.

I looked at a bigfoot that had all the features that I wanted, but had clear signs of neglect. The nail in the coffin was some wood rot next to the door. Lots of red flags that the owners did not take care of the trailer.
1500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot