1980 Trillium 4500 Bunk Bed Plans - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2018, 05:13 PM   #21

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Dennis, I have put some thought into a Trillium front with both a front dinette, and a gaucho. I have not come up with anything satisfactory. The upper bunk would block the spot that the table attaches to on the front wall. The fibreglass that the table mounts to is not flat, and wold likely interfere with the upper bunk folding down.
I have considered a three piece upper bunk, with the middle piece being removable, but the structural problems make this a dangerous proposition.

I fantasize about owning a front dinette 4500, (as do others). If you want a front gaucho, then I have a 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe that I would gladly trade for a front dinette, even though by 1980, they had a forced air furnace, but I think I can fix that.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:44 PM   #22

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Escape and Boler
British Columbia
Hi David
Yes - I can 'see it' now - it would not work due to the table and it's attatchment would be where the mount for the 'top bunk' would be attached to the wall - as per your fantastic drawings.
I want to keep a 'perm' bed in the back dinette area - with regular 'house be' mattress (as the 13' foot had) in this new 4500 model but thought it would be nice to have 2 sleeping areas up front as oppossed to the now one.
This 'dinette front' has also been made into a 'toilet (in fashion) on one side and a 'shower' on the other side- with it's own holding tank/outlet. It is an amazing transformation. Also 3 solar panels,' Electric Fridge will keep going 24/7 from these 3 solar panels (has gauge showing volts being charged to battery ) also has TV - DVD - Thermostate controlled outlet for plugging in a small 'heater' when 110 available. Outside storage for getting items from under the 'seat's - with good locks - not Trillium locks.
Would like to put a 'glass' in the door - not sure if that was an option, and also a screen door on it. Only thing missing is the 'bar' for attaching the lic. plate. Prev owner also thought too easy to steal so he put lic plate in back window.
Cheers, Dennis
PS IF any pics wanted of the Renov 13 and or 15 models - send me your direct email.
Lindenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 09:30 PM   #23

Name: Guillaume
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Quebec
Thanks!! This was super useful!
Guillaume P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #24

Name: Frank
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Jennifer, I totally forgot about it. I think I will start on it tonight. I will start with the 1300, since that is what you require. The 4500 will come next.

As for resources check under the More tab at the top of the page. The document center is very handy.
Hi there David. Just wondering if you were able to get around to measuring the 4500 bunk? I need to install one for my kids in a recently acquired 4500 and would really appreciate dimensions although your descriptions are already very helpful.

As an estimate, would the 4500 bunk be the size of the 1300 plus the additional bench depth of the 4500?

Thank you!
Frazam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium