Hi I'm Tyler, and I'm a Boler Addict - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2021, 09:01 AM   #1

Name: Tyler
Trailer: Boler
Manitoba
Hi I'm Tyler, and I'm a Boler Addict

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I resurrected the family 13' Boler which had been sitting in Nana's yard for years slowly wasting away after a plethora of trips across Canada and the northern States by two generations of family. I think it touched every shore in Canada! Once we got our hands on it we pulled it around much of Manitoba with our own adventures, cheersing drinks, creating new character marks/damage/speedholes, and making fantastic memories. Now we just purchased a 17' Boler SG and area amazed by the difference in size and comfort. I may be a little bit of a project at first, but we can't wait to see what shenanigans we will get up to with it once it's ready to roll. To sum it up, we are Boler people for life! Thanks in advance to all the people who answer all of our stupid questions and hopefully we will be able to return the favour to others in the future. Cheers!
Old 04-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #2

Name: Dave and Bonnie
British Columbia
Hi Tyler. Welcome to the bigger world of 17 footers. Name it. and there are no stupid questions among Boleriters!! huge expertise and saavy await you.
We have a '77 Bernice and same story - older sister's that sat 15 years in the bush and now we enjoy its treasures!
Attached Thumbnails
Porteau Cove 2019.jpg   Doorside View 2016.jpg  

daveandbonscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:50 AM   #3

Name: Eric
TN
Registry
Welcome to the party! You are only limited by your imagination and you wallet. Oh and you wife.
Eric Frye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 11:27 AM   #4

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Welcome

Great to have another boler lover, look forward to seeing your posts.
Three 17' bolers owners; ours is a 1978 RG 1700 model made in Ontario.
Old 04-28-2021, 11:30 AM   #5

Name: Tenneille
British Columbia
Registry
No self help group for boler addicts. Only forums that support the habit of looking for more! Late night kijiji searches just to see what is out there.
I bought a 1700 RGH (has full bathroom, rear gaucho, oven) last summer in pretty decent shape. Someone tried to do a few things in it but I had to rip out. Water was leaking from the rear so the plank flooring was wet. I took out all rear window to reseal with new butyl tape and trying to find replacement seals for the shrunken ones on the side kitchen jalousie. All the glazing bead has shrunk on all the windows, but apparently this is only cosmetic. I filled with silicone for now, but plan on replacing over time. The overhead bunk was already removed so I am just replacing with a shelf to store items. Putting in a permanent bed instead of slide out. Adding drawer storage underneath to be able to access. I took out the exhaust fan and repainted. So far have repainted the inside. Removed the old linoleum. Replaced some of the damaged wall covering under the rear window (its the squishy popcorn style). Missing water heater so this year going to buy a Suburban 6 gallon recommended on this site . The splash guard behind the stove has separated from the shell so I have to glue that together. It is coming along. I don't know if I will be much help, but I'm working on it now so might have some answers to your questions.
Tenneille M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 08:37 PM   #6

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenneille M. View Post
No self help group for boler addicts. Only forums that support the habit of looking for more! Late night kijiji searches just to see what is out there.
I bought a 1700 RGH (has full bathroom, rear gaucho, oven) last summer in pretty decent shape. Someone tried to do a few things in it but I had to rip out. Water was leaking from the rear so the plank flooring was wet. I took out all rear window to reseal with new butyl tape and trying to find replacement seals for the shrunken ones on the side kitchen jalousie. All the glazing bead has shrunk on all the windows, but apparently this is only cosmetic. I filled with silicone for now, but plan on replacing over time. The overhead bunk was already removed so I am just replacing with a shelf to store items. Putting in a permanent bed instead of slide out. Adding drawer storage underneath to be able to access. I took out the exhaust fan and repainted. So far have repainted the inside. Removed the old linoleum. Replaced some of the damaged wall covering under the rear window (its the squishy popcorn style). Missing water heater so this year going to buy a Suburban 6 gallon recommended on this site . The splash guard behind the stove has separated from the shell so I have to glue that together. It is coming along. I don't know if I will be much help, but I'm working on it now so might have some answers to your questions.
Can help with location for window seals, replaced ours already, and we got the 4 gallon water heater it fits better under sink due to length and weight is less, not much room in the original tank location. Ours is a RGW 1700 it took years to find a replacement 43 year old 4 burner oven out of a boler of same size but it was worth the wait. Plan has always been to keep ours as original as possible customizations are in the works for 3 weak areas in design though. Think we all like to make our own touches.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:33 PM   #7

Name: James
Trailer: 17' Boler
Manitoba
Registry
Smile

Hello there we have a 1979 17ft Boler as well we bought it 15 years ago from an old couple who bought it brand new and we have also tried to keep it original as possible but with many upgrades.
New Axel
Furnace
Fridge
Replaced all foam cushions with firmer foam
Replaced and upgraded power converter
Fantastic Fan
Roof top Air conditioner
Water Pump
4 Air Stream stabilizer jacks mounted to frame
Permanent surge protector
All LED lights inside and out
This year will be new tires and trying to fix leaking bathroom window
We have taken this trailer as far as New Mexico ,the Rockies, from the Pacific to the Atlantic and have loved every trip with it.
Grant J. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler

« New Member | Hello »