Fiberstream Active Owners - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2018, 10:15 PM   #1

Name: Randy & Ranae
Trailer: Fiber Stream
OR - Oregon
Registry
Fiberstream Active Owners

I've noticed a lot of Fiberstream owners from years past on this forum, but very few recently. Who out there is still actively using a Fiberstream?

Thanks!

Randy and Ranae
OR335d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:37 AM   #2

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
I never checked to see if he was a member, but I met a guy who lives in MT who has a Fiberstream. I saw it a music event in June. It was really nice.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:57 AM   #3

Name: jackie
Trailer: fiber stream
California
I just bought a '77 a this summer. It is my first trailer. Needs a little work but all minor stuff. Just took her on her maiden voyage in Aug. to Ft. Bragg CA.

I like the paint job on yours!
kiyiyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:27 PM   #4

Name: JD
Maryland
Registry
Baltimore

Still using our restored 1994 FS all the time. Works flawlessly!
JD1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:04 PM   #5

California
I'd like to see a pic of your FS. According to the things I've read about them, they were only individually manufactured in Southern California (San Diego 1975-1977, Mira Loma 1978-1980, Fontana 1981-1986) from 1975 to 1986.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:05 PM   #6

California
Anyone know where I could get a window screen for a side window for my 1977 FS?
Old 10-11-2018, 08:17 AM   #7

Name: JD
Maryland
Registry
Opps! I meant our '82 Fiberstream! Sorry.
JD1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:55 PM   #8

OR - Oregon
Registry
Do you need the whole frame? Kitchen, of front window?
Old 10-13-2018, 08:25 PM   #9

California
window frame

All of my windows are the same size except the bathroom window. I need one that will fit the front window. Yes, I need the whole frame.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #10

Name: Gene
Trailer: Fiber Stream, Camp-Inn, Little Guy
Washington
I just bought a 1977 and will station it in my backyard as a final resting place. But it will not be abandoned. It will be actively used as an outdoor kitchen.
SR101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:25 AM   #11

California
SR101

Would you be willing to sell one or 2 of the side window screen frames? I would love to buy them. I lost one on the Hwy after I replaced the screens. I guess I didn't replace it correctly.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:08 PM   #12

OR - Oregon
Registry
SR101

SR101

If you won't be using yours as a trailer, please post the brakes on the forum. Parts are no longer available for this brake system and some of us would be greatly appreciative!
Old 04-27-2019, 07:54 PM   #13

Name: Sam
Texas
Hi Randy and Renae.

I slept in our 1985? Fiber Stream last night. It has a bad floor and a saggy frame, but still tows well.
Sam Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:17 PM   #14

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1985
Fiber Stream Owners

Howdy there, I own a 1985 FIBER Stream also. My Wife and I (Randy and Renee Jordan) were on this site in the past, but haven't been on in years, as a truck driving career kept us from camping for quite a while. we had photos etc. but they have been taken off. We plan on using " Little Ruthie" once again! We just got her back from the repair place for some needed work. I will post pictures soon. Hi to all the folks who went to Bullards Beach. years ago.
and, Hello to all the people we haven't met yet!!! We are going to try and start showing up for some of the Fiberglass Ralley's soon.we live in Central Point OR.
Happy Trails!!
RJordanX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:37 PM   #15

OR - Oregon
Registry
Welcome back

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJordanX2 View Post
Howdy there, I own a 1985 FIBER Stream also. My Wife and I (Randy and Renee Jordan) were on this site in the past, but haven't been on in years, as a truck driving career kept us from camping for quite a while. we had photos etc. but they have been taken off. We plan on using " Little Ruthie" once again! We just got her back from the repair place for some needed work. I will post pictures soon. Hi to all the folks who went to Bullards Beach. years ago.
and, Hello to all the people we haven't met yet!!! We are going to try and start showing up for some of the Fiberglass Ralley's soon.we live in Central Point OR.
Happy Trails!!
Glad to have you back. Looking forward to seeing pictures. We've just started camping again with our completed project. I'm curious to see yours. Let us know if your up in the Salem area ever.

Randy and Ranae Isaac
Old 07-29-2019, 05:54 PM   #16

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1985
Fiber Stream Owners

Hi. we are currently signed up for the 2020 NO Gathering at Waterloo park, in April, so maybe we'll see you there. looks like it's filling up fast!! WE really miss these fiberglass get togethers. we'll be in A19.
Happy Trails
R&R
RJordanX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:58 PM   #17

Texas
I bought my Fiber Stream a few years ago and have made some medium distance trips in that time. I knew that it would need some repairs, but since it was so small, I figured the problems would be small as well. First off, I was filling in about 100 holes in the roof made by previous owners for God knows what reason, plus scraping off gallons of roof sealant that had long since ceased sealing anything. Over the previous years of being in the elements, water had seeped in and done it's damage. Off came the walls and the ceiling. The floor always seemed a little spongy, but when the original 3 way refrigerator crashed through the floor on a trip, I knew it was time to commit to a full floor replacement. I just got the first floor panel replaced last week. Not an easy job, but I'll get there. The original power converter is a battery fryer, so it will need replacing. Running lights are old and corroding. Original wiring needs total replacement. On the positive side, I replaced the water pump and it works like a champ. Replaced the plastic roof vents with metal vents(no more leaking!). Flipped the axles and added some larger radial tires with some cool looking custom rims. The heater works and the hot water heater works. Brakes work. I've got big dreams for this one. Love makes you do things you otherwise would not do. If you own a Fiber Stream, you know what I'm talking about. Also, when you're in love, it seems that all your problems are small. We will see!
Old 08-10-2019, 02:51 PM   #18

OR - Oregon
Registry
Let me know if you need any resources. I drew up a color coded wiring diagram from when I had mine completely gutted.

R&R
Old 08-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #19

Name: carla
Trailer: Scamp
Indiana
I need ideas for an AC unit in my Scamp 13’.
what does your roof hold, as in lbs?
where and how did you install it?
any problem solving people on here?
Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 05:41 PM   #20

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by OR335d View Post
Let me know if you need any resources. I drew up a color coded wiring diagram from when I had mine completely gutted.

R&R
Hi Randy and Ranae.
I would be very interested in a wiring diagram for the Fiber Stream. I have spent a lot of time on the internet looking at small trailer wiring systems and still don't quite understand how it all comes together. I thought I would begin with one of those pre-made 7-way electrical harness and work my way on to the next system a little at a time. I'm in the San Antonio, Texas area.

Sam Roberts
Bulverdeman@gmail.com
210-415-1173

Tags
fiberstream