84 Bigfoot 17' body care - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2020, 01:08 PM   #1

Name: Luciano
Trailer: Bigfoot 17'
WINNIPEG
84 Bigfoot 17' body care

Hello everyone. Come spring I'm looking to polish up my dull 84 Bigfoot 17' trailer. The Mr Clean pads work excellent to clean it but can I polish it up to give it some more protection? Any help would be great. Happy Holidays everyone.
Yogibengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 03:00 PM   #2

Name: Roger
Trailer: 1986 Bigfoot B17 dlx
British Columbia
I used New Glass 2 on a motorhome & was well pleased, I plan to use it on my 86 17ft look up factory info
rogerfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 04:52 PM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
We use PoliGlow on our 1988 Bigfoot each spring.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 08:48 PM   #4

WINNIPEG
Thanks for the tip.
Old 12-19-2020, 08:49 PM   #5

WINNIPEG
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
We use PoliGlow on our 1988 Bigfoot each spring.
So the Poliglow is it easy to apply and I take it is shiny after?
Old 12-20-2020, 06:40 AM   #6

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
To use PoliGlow, the trailer must be washed first. Then, 3x3 sections are done with a light coat of PoliGlow. It dries very quickly, and the section is repeated until 5-6 coats have been done. Then move on to the next section until the trailer is completed. It is left with a shiny, wet-look finish. Note: Some folks use Zep wet-look floor polish instead (cheaper!). Same application process. Check out the threads about this for more info. I’ve used both and find the PoliGlow stays shiny a bit longer in the upper Midwest. YMMV.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 08:00 AM   #7

WINNIPEG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
To use PoliGlow, the trailer must be washed first. Then, 3x3 sections are done with a light coat of PoliGlow. It dries very quickly, and the section is repeated until 5-6 coats have been done. Then move on to the next section until the trailer is completed. It is left with a shiny, wet-look finish. Note: Some folks use Zep wet-look floor polish instead (cheaper!). Same application process. Check out the threads about this for more info. I’ve used both and find the PoliGlow stays shiny a bit longer in the upper Midwest. YMMV.
Thanks for the info
Old 12-26-2020, 12:35 PM   #8

Name: Bob
Trailer: Bigfoot 17
British Columbia
buffing out glass first

I was reading around threads like this and decided to give my '89 17' Bigfoot a good buff out first, then polish with 3M marine polish, as some have advised.
Santa brought me a Porter Cable side-angle buffer with a good quality hook and loop buffing pad as the base for different pads. Some have advised to be very careful to not burn through the thin gelcoat with a rubbing/buffing compound.

I'll start with the cover over the propane tanks, should I have a technique 'malfunction'.

As an aside, I've done the multi-Zep treatment on an earlier Class C RV fibreglass end cap, and it did work great. It lasted close to 3 years, and then was pretty much gone.

Bob T.
Victoria BC
Bob T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 02:26 PM   #9

WINNIPEG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob T View Post
I was reading around threads like this and decided to give my '89 17' Bigfoot a good buff out first, then polish with 3M marine polish, as some have advised.
Santa brought me a Porter Cable side-angle buffer with a good quality hook and loop buffing pad as the base for different pads. Some have advised to be very careful to not burn through the thin gelcoat with a rubbing/buffing compound.

I'll start with the cover over the propane tanks, should I have a technique 'malfunction'.

As an aside, I've done the multi-Zep treatment on an earlier Class C RV fibreglass end cap, and it did work great. It lasted close to 3 years, and then was pretty much gone.

Bob T.
Victoria BC
Thanks for the info
Old 12-26-2020, 02:26 PM   #10

WINNIPEG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob T View Post

Bob T.
Victoria BC
Thanks Bob.

Tags
bigfoot