Burro paperwork? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2003, 07:45 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Burro paperwork?

Hi, I just purchased a 1985 Burro 17' Wide Body. I am looking for anyone who might have an owner's manual, a wiring diagram, or any other documentation for their trailer. I would love to find anything specific to this year/model, but would be interested in just about ANY Burro paperwork in hope that there would be many similarities. If anyone could scan, fax, or copy theirs and forward to me, I would be most grateful.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 09:04 PM   #2

Burro - 1987 17' wide body

Hi Jim: I'm across the lake from you in Madison WI. I recently bought my Burro and am just now getting the axle replaced. I'm doing the brakes and hubs too while it's at the shop - total cost for the job should be about $250. I have a pop-up Coleman Santa Fe also but I've always wanted an "egg" to restore. The prior owner said that nothing "worked" and indeed nothing did until I found the broken gas line. I cut off the broken flare and made a new one and all at once the refrig, water heater and furnace worked perfectly. Gas stove too. Water system seems to be OK but I haven't checked out the marine toilet yet. When I get it back from the axle shop I'll scrape, sand and paint the the frame. It' very clean inside. I painted the stove and exhaust hood after priming with an epoxy white which covered the "chrome" quite well. Like you I'd like to find a manual from that age. I'd also like to find info on the top bunk supports. Let me know if you find an of thes items and Ill do likewise. Good luck on your project.

Old 08-03-2003, 10:21 PM   #3

Have some paperwork

Hi,

Just noticed this thread. I have an 86 17' wide body that I bought in CT last fall. My paperwork includes a card and advertising sheet from Burro of New England, owned by Bruce and Gretchen Brown.
The card gives the address as Palmer, MA and the ad says Ludlow, MA. (I am guessing the business no longer exists.)

No manual for the trailer but the previous owner did save all the manuals for the range counter unit (stove), owners operation and warranty guide for the power converter, water heater installation and operating instructions (Atwood), installation instructions for the RV toilet system (Mansfield plumbing products). shower installation instructions and RV battery (Sears DieHard) information.

My trailer was obviously one that was purchased as a kit and assembled by the owner. (It has that homemade look to it inside).

If anyone would like copies of these documents I will be happy to send them.

Sharyn, where are you in MA ? I am in Boxford.

Old 08-06-2003, 07:41 AM   #4

Been out campin', just got around to answerin'.

Jim, sounds like yours was a lot more project than mine. As far as the top bunk supports, are you referring to the poles, or to the hinge?

David, I think you're right, no "manual" just a collection of component instructions. Mine came bare-bones, a stove, heater and faucet are the only components, and I actually have the paperwork on those. Oh, and a dorm fridge (obviously an add-on). It looks like there was once a battery and converter, but they're gone now, and the 12V wiring is all a-jumble. If you have anything with a wiring diagram, please eMail that pdf. Thanks.

Sharyn, John Wettack sent me that info too. Great guy, I wonder if he's back from Germany yet? His paperwork supports David's theory of component manuals only.

Kathy, I just eMailed you with my address. The installation info that you have is exactly what I'm looking for. Please send anything and everything. Thanks.

And I thought the Big Burro was pretty rare. It's great to find all you fellow owners so we can all share info. Hopefully I'll soon be able to answer someone else's questions instead of always being the one to ask.

Old 08-06-2003, 08:40 AM   #5

paperwork

Hi Fellow Burro Owners,
As I wrote on another forum, I am thinking about putting up a small website with the paperwork that I have so that everyone could access it. I haven't actually started it yet, but I have the paperwork scanned . My husband scanned it all as picture files and they don't transfer very well so I'm changing them a little bit. I have mailed out copies to everyone who sent me their address - you should have them soon. When I do get the web page up, I'd love to be able to put pictures of all the Burro's on it. So once I get things going, I'll let you all know so that you can send stuff too!
Thanks
Sharyn:wink

Old 08-06-2003, 08:49 AM   #6

Web page name

Hi,
One more thing - any idea's for a domain name? Burrotrailers.net and .org and .info are available or should I go with something else? I thought of something about love and my burro, but I thought that might draw a different crowd:laugh
Anyway let me know.
Sharyn

Old 08-06-2003, 03:02 PM   #7

Yes,
That would most certainly draw a different crowd.....

Old 08-06-2003, 06:37 PM   #8

Burro Info

I'm back from a wonderful trip to Germany, with side trips to Prague, Austria, and Switzerland. Glad you recieved the Burro info, John and Sharyn. Pete, if you haven't already got it elsewhere, pass on you mailing address via e-mail, and I'll send the information to you.

It's great to find some other Burro owners for passing on tips and asking questions. We've taken several enjoyable trips with ours; the only problem we experienced was some electrical shorts from the cheap wiring connectors used. Replacing those with better connectors resolved that situation.

Old 08-07-2003, 06:13 AM   #9

new burro owner/towing question

Hello, Burro owners! Am the proud new owner of a '99 17 footer. Just pulled it from the east coast to Arkansas with no problems. Installed an air conditioner first thing. No problem with that except for getting the previous caulking from around the vent where the AC goes(rear top). Did get a "sack ful" of paperwork, most of it from component manufacturers. Happy to share any info.
Towing question:Do most of you who tow FG trailers in the 2000-2500 lb range use weight distribution and/or sway contnrol?? I'm towing with a 2002 Nissan Xterra.
agl

Old 08-07-2003, 06:23 AM   #10

Hi Alton
Congradulations on your new to you FG RV.

My Boler weights about 2850 Dry and I use equalizer hitch.:wave

Old 08-07-2003, 07:20 AM   #11

Hi Alton,
My trailer is supposed to be 1700#. Take that with a grain of salt and add a couple of hundred pounds of bikes and gear, and I figure I'm runnin' at about 2100# total. I tow it with a Jeep Cherokee equipped with both the Up-Country (beefier suspension) and the Tow packages, and it's tow rated at 5000#. I haven't had a problem with sway, but I will eventually install a sway control device of some sort. Someone on this board summed it up nicely when they said:
"It's one of those things you may rarely need, but when you do, you'll sure be glad that you have it."
The same applies for installing a brake controller, someday that might come in handy too.

Old 08-07-2003, 01:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Orginally posted by Sharyn McWilliams
Hi Fellow Burro Owners,
As I wrote on another forum, I am thinking about putting up a small website with the paperwork that I have so that everyone could access it. I haven't actually started it yet, but I have the paperwork scanned . My husband scanned it all as picture files and they don't transfer very well so I'm changing them a little bit. I have mailed out copies to everyone who sent me their address - you should have them soon. When I do get the web page up, I'd love to be able to put pictures of all the Burro's on it. So once I get things going, I'll let you all know so that you can send stuff too!
Thanks
Sharyn:wink
:wave Sharyn,

Please share your photos and papers with all of us. You are welcome to post on this website as we get 100s of people reading (not always joining). Many are burro owners looking for information.

Anything I can do to help you out, please let me know.

:)

Old 08-07-2003, 10:18 PM   #13

Burros

Hi John, David, Sharyn,Jana, Kathy, Pete, Alton, Jim (oops, Jim is me) . I had decals made of the word BURRO with the burro caricature underneath . It measures 26 inches long by whatever the depth is to match the length. They are in the green and tan (?)colors from a brochure given to me by the former owner of my '87 trailer. I installed them and they are BEAUTIFUL. I paid just under $100 for the set of two. Since he has already done the set - up work, I asked him if he would discount a larger order. He really didn't say yes or no, but if anyone is interested let me know and I'll see what he says. He did make one extra set (accidently he said) which I assume he'll sell for $100 +/-. Let me know if there is any interest. Jim A amo202@yahoo.com

Old 08-07-2003, 11:14 PM   #14

"Towing Burro

Alton, I'm towing our 17' 1999 Burro with a Toyota Sienna (towing capacity with tow package, 3,500 lbs.) with just a standard hitch. Have towed the Burro about 3,000 miles with no noticeable difficulties. The trailer has brakes. On long mountain upgrades, the 3l engine doesn't have sufficient power to keep the speed up, so we're in the slow lane with the loaded semis.

Tags
burro