Escape verses Oliver - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 08:44 PM   #81

Name: BUBBA
Trailer: SUNNY DAY
Florida
My information is in profile. I'm not sure why it isn't showing up for members. 2017 Escape 5.0TA 2017 Ford F-150 2.7 liter ecoboost.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:24 PM   #82

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbljac2427 View Post
My information is in profile. I'm not sure why it isn't showing up for members. 2017 Escape 5.0TA 2017 Ford F-150 2.7 liter ecoboost.
Profile information is not available on the mobile skin version of the site (can’t recall if it’s on the app version or not). Folks on phones and tablets may not see it. It does create confusion sometimes.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:02 AM   #83
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I have to admit as I get older my patience is not what it use to be .
Yup, me too. I think it has something to do with all those trips to the bathroom.

You know as well as I do that there are people who feel life owes them a pay check. They are more than happy to do sloppy work especially if they know they won't get caught. The president of the company delivered my trailer. He knew the tires were old. He knew the interior pieces were not right. But he still took my money with a smile, touting his quality product. In that case the bear ate me. But every time I give a tour I tell them they can't buy one because the company went out of business. Reason, poor build quality.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:27 PM   #84

Florida
I wouldn't buy an Escape... our 5.0TA turned out to be a piece of crap. Leaking windows, worthless awning, sub-par workmanship. We're looking at a Casita or maybe a conversion van.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:38 PM   #85

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbljac2427 View Post
I wouldn't buy an Escape... our 5.0TA turned out to be a piece of crap. Leaking windows, worthless awning, sub-par workmanship. We're looking at a Casita or maybe a conversion van.
Did you junk it out for parts, just park it behind the barn, make a turkey huntin cabin out of it, or sell it? I’ve not seen an Escape parked behind the barn but I’ve seen a lot of other campers, vans, pickup campers, fold downs and the like. I can even show you an airstream parked next to the rusting hulk of a 51 Buick. Just curious.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-23-2020, 05:46 PM   #86

Florida
Sold it to a salvage company for whatever salvage companies do with Escape pieces of crap.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:27 PM   #87

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
We could have purchased an Oliver for one hell of a deal. Why didn't we purchase it? Because it wasn't better for my wife:
  • Twin beds were too small.
  • Refrigerator was too small for both of us.
  • Didn't have a kitchen workspace that Terry approved.
  • Not enough storage. The drawers sure were slick though.
  • Stark white, mirrored, sterile interior.

I promise you, for us, our Escape 5.0 blows away the Oliver, and the Escape still cost less, despite the deep discount on the Oliver. We prefer function over form.

For function and form we would purchase another Bigfoot. Now that Bigfoot pull is better than Escape or Oliver. The Oliver is slick, but the Bigfoot is better in all facets: bigger beds, bigger closets, bigger bathroom, bigger refrigerator, bigger tanks, bigger living area, etc. We just didn't have $70,000 for that Bigfoot, but did have $40,000 for either the used Oliver or the new Escape.

After 300+ nights, and over 24,000 miles pulling, we made the best choice for our needs.

TETO!

Perry
It is pretty clear that "bigger" seems to be your most important consideration.
After many hundreds of nights and about 80000 miles, our Scamp13 has proven to be the best choice for our needs ....

"Bigger" would be a primary disqualifier.

Just shows how priorities vary.
Closed Thread

Tags
escape, oliver