A not so great experience with Escape trailers - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-19-2022, 01:04 PM   #21

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Good luck! We found them fine to deal with but we only had to wait about 3 months, BITD.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:14 PM   #22

Name: William
Trailer: Escape 19
Maine
I ordered an Escape 19 in March of 2021 and was given a date of March 2023. That's right, a 24 month estimated wait. I was moved up twice and will pick up my trailer in March 2022. I paid the increase for 2022 but not the estimated 2023 price. I will receive my camper 12 months earlier and I am tickled to do so. I have found everyone at Escape Trailer to be very knowledgeable and honest in their dealings with us.
woodentoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:42 PM   #23

Name: John
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
Ohio
So far my dealings with the Bigfoot dealer is seemingly upfront . They had a price increase last year and they quoted me a price that I’m expecting to pay. I have added stuff along the way and can change these up until March for a August delivery. So far so good. Chuck at Apache in Portland Oregon .
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 02:48 PM   #24

Name: B
Trailer: shopping
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodentoy View Post
I ordered an Escape 19 in March of 2021 and was given a date of March 2023. That's right, a 24 month estimated wait. I was moved up twice and will pick up my trailer in March 2022. I paid the increase for 2022 but not the estimated 2023 price. I will receive my camper 12 months earlier and I am tickled to do so. I have found everyone at Escape Trailer to be very knowledgeable and honest in their dealings with us.
Thanks for sharing the story. When did they negotiate the price increase with you? Did they gave you a estimated 2023 price on March 2021?
mbbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 03:22 PM   #25

Name: 7GenTex
Trailer: 2022 E19 F1
Texas
Words mean things.........

My experience with ETI has been great.

I was fully aware of all aspects of making a deposit to secure a production slot, the potential for a price increase (obviously certain these days), and the potential for production date changes.

I was not locked in on a price until I signed off on the "Build Sheet" about 3 months prior to production. My production date moved up over a year from the initial estimate.

Making full payment for a sight unseen trailer prior to deliver to the U.S. still has me unsettled a bit, ( I can't go to CA or pick it up in Sumas) but numerous others have been happy with such approach. A gamble of sorts.........so be it.

I suggest you do more than a "bit of research" as you stated, and utilize critical agreement reading / understanding before committing to such.

I don't see that ETI was "at fault" for any of your misgivings.....

Learn from it, and go forward.
7GenTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 03:25 PM   #26

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I totally agree with your point.
The price at the time that the contract is accepted, should be the price at delivery...................

Wasn't a "contract" - it was an estimate.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:27 PM   #27

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspy View Post
I hate it when companies have a business model that scams their customers. Pissing of your customers and treating them like they are stupid, is not a successful tactic and needs to be shared whenever possible. Thanks for posting B. Buyer beware. And who would have thought Escape could not be trusted?

Not a scam.

"Somebody" did not read and understand before placing a deposit.

Simple as that.

How is that the companies fault?
Old 01-19-2022, 03:27 PM   #28

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7GenTex View Post
Wasn't a "contract" - it was an estimate.
With Casita, they sent me a contract with the 2023 price on it. They also claimed they'll not increase the price once a deposit is made.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:28 PM   #29

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCop View Post
So in the end, what model year was listed in the contract?
I they quoted you a price and listed it in the purchase order for that model, that's the price they should honor.
Sounds to me, I won't be doing business with Escape anytime soon.

No contract, no purchase order...........he never made it that far.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:32 PM   #30

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
.....I’d hesitate to sign a blank check, too,....

He didn't sign a blank check, nor was he asked to, He secured a production slot with a $2k deposit and the potential to loose $150 if he backed out.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:33 PM   #31

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbbill View Post
The title of the contract is "Escape 17B Trailer Detailed Estimate - 2022".............

Not a contract............an "estimate", stated many times.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:36 PM   #32

Texas
Quote:
.................I'm new to the RV industry but from what I do when people negotiated a price and make a deposit, .........
You did not "negotiate a price", you got an estimate. And your deposit was to secure a production slot only........
Old 01-19-2022, 03:37 PM   #33

Washington
Quote:
He didn't sign a blank check, nor was he asked to, He secured a production slot with a $2k deposit and the potential to loose $150 if he backed out.
If I pay $2k to Casita I get a contract, securing the date and price. I payed $2k to Escape I got nothing but a shipping date. I will have to pay whatever the price they asked for in 2023. So then what's the point of the estimate if that doesn't mean anything?
Old 01-19-2022, 03:41 PM   #34

Texas
Quote:
With Casita, they sent me a contract with the 2023 price on it. They also claimed they'll not increase the price once a deposit is made.

And.......................?

ETI did not send you a contract.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:44 PM   #35

Texas
Quote:
If I pay $2k to Casita I get a contract, securing the date and price. I payed $2k to Escape I got nothing but a shipping date. I will have to pay whatever the price they asked for in 2023. So then what's the point of the estimate if that doesn't mean anything?

To "estimate"

BTW - Is your Casita deposit refundable once you sign the contract?
Old 01-19-2022, 03:49 PM   #36

Name: William
Trailer: Escape 19
Maine
Quote:
Thanks for sharing the story. When did they negotiate the price increase with you? Did they gave you a estimated 2023 price on March 2021?
They didn't give me a price for a 2023 because that was an unknown at the time. They don't arbitrarily raise prices they base it on the increased costs in materials and labor as they happen at that time. I think they announce the price increase at the end of summer or early fall. If Casita gave you a guaranteed price for 2023 you can bet they added in plenty to cover themselves.
woodentoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 03:53 PM   #37

Texas
Quote:
....... I payed $2k to Escape I got nothing but a shipping date. ............
Completion date.............
Old 01-19-2022, 03:59 PM   #38

Washington
Quote:
And.......................?

ETI did not send you a contract.
You're right but there IS a contract for the deposit - I pay $2k and get a date and that's it. It's not about the price at all because they can charge whatever they want in 2023.

So when people go through their fancy web tool to get an "estimate", what they should understand is this estimate means nothing, and in reality you will never get the estimated price. There's no mentioning of the price increase on the home page where they have all the prices listed. There's no mentioning of that on the customization page either and you only get it right before paying the deposit - a tiny line with a button of agreeing the terms and services.

Yes you can still blame me for careless. That's the reason I posted here, just for the same "careless" people like me.
Old 01-19-2022, 04:03 PM   #39

Washington
Quote:
To "estimate"

BTW - Is your Casita deposit refundable once you sign the contract?
It's partially refundable.
Old 01-19-2022, 04:30 PM   #40

Texas
Quote:
You're right but there IS a contract for the deposit - I pay $2k and get a date and that's it. It's not about the price at all because they can charge whatever they want in 2023.

So when people go through their fancy web tool to get an "estimate", what they should understand is this estimate means nothing, and in reality you will never get the estimated price. There's no mentioning of the price increase on the home page where they have all the prices listed. There's no mentioning of that on the customization page either and you only get it right before paying the deposit - a tiny line with a button of agreeing the terms and services.

Yes you can still blame me for careless. That's the reason I posted here, just for the same "careless" people like me.

Yet you posted originally that you felt you were scammed.........IMHO - that is just not right.

I can understand your misunderstanding of the process and implications, but................

I can also understand your not wanting to commit (though just with $150 at risk) to an unknown price increase. BTW - I fully expected a 10 to 15% increase. It ended up around 10%.

FYI - I know of many folks that have deposits out to numerous trailer manufacturers just due to the extended production dates - strange times. Many will "lose" a portion of such when they can ultimately commit to the first, or best, deal. Their call and maybe not a bad idea if you can be OK with numerous brand choices.

I'm not a cheerleader for anyone here except for individual responsibility.

Also, believe we have blown thousands of dollars of time (yea, I'm pricey even being retired ) on a $150 topic.

Many folks are happy with Casita, and many with an Escape.

Make your informed decision and enjoy your trailer when you get it.

Happy Trails!

Tags
escape