Love Bug newbie! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-09-2022, 04:35 PM   #21

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Airstream, Love Bug
Iowa
Thanks for the pictures Tom. I too am replacing my axle and I put 2"x4" spacer blocks to lift the trailer up a bit. Haven't though about 15" wheels but it isn't a bad idea. The power washer exposed a lot of cracks in my shell that I need to re-gel coat. Do you know if it works best to spray or roll the gel coat on? I am adding a few more braces under the floor at the dinette/bed with one across the section where the back wall is. I also am fiberglassing over some of the openings in the wall, and am also using marine grade electrical service plug. I haven't decider weather or not to have a fresh water tank, or just carry a jug of water to use. Considering putting a pull-out porta potty under the front sofa/bed. Probably won't go with a gas frige. Maybe a battery operated cooler to keep stuff cool. Also putting in a power roof vent/skylight. Next, I need to get that floor put in! We were alos thinking along your lines of a glorified tent.
xkross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 04:39 PM   #22

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkross View Post
I really like the color, I'll show it to my wife and see what she thinks. Do you know what the color of the paint is?
No idea. Just happened to see it; liked it and saved it for reference.

Out here in AZ, I stay away from red, black, and all dark colors. For an application like this that you don’t look at every day, like your living room or your daily driver, you can go bold and have fun!

The turquoise someone else posted looks great, too, if you prefer a cooler color.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
love bug