lil Snoozy steps and axle lift - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2020, 07:21 PM   #1

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
lil Snoozy steps and axle lift

I swapped the axle and spring on my Lil Snoozy and gained about 3 inches of lift. I had to drill a 5/8 hole in the top side of the axle, swap the pin that holds the springs together, and bolt everything back together. Because I made this mod my steps didn't work so good any more, so I built a new set that bolts to the rear bumper. I used as many parts from the original steps as possible. I will post some close-up pictures soon. I did make a video showing some of the parts and how they work.

Old 11-18-2020, 10:52 AM   #2

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Steps

As a Snoozy owner I am curious as to your desire to raise the height of your trailer and how you use it. I have about 50K towing miles on mine and have slept in it just minus 4 years of nights. I have been on some rather rough dirt terrain with never a problem of bottoming out.
Respectfully
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:28 AM   #3

Syracuse, NY
Bill, I have been off road in some rough spots and scraped up some leaves and dirt in the straps that hold the grey tank in place. I just want to have a bit more margin.
Old 11-18-2020, 03:05 PM   #4

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
Bill, I have been off road in some rough spots and scraped up some leaves and dirt in the straps that hold the grey tank in place. I just want to have a bit more margin.
I see from your picture that your trailer is a later model than our 2012 and is built on the newer frames. The newer frames provide for more options/alterations in the rear vs. the more limited ability my frame offers. I wonder if other differences exist (such as height of your grey tank) not visible from the picture.
Old 11-18-2020, 04:31 PM   #5

Syracuse, NY
Bill, the grey tank is about 7-8 inches thick and I mounted it on a 1 inch slope towards the rear. It is not a regular snoozy tank. As a matter of fact the only thing that is standard snoozy is the wet bath base. I spec'd everything else.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:08 AM   #6

Name: Doug
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Maryland
Quote:
I swapped the axle and spring on my Lil Snoozy and gained about 3 inches of lift. I had to drill a 5/8 hole in the top side of the axle, swap the pin that holds the springs together, and bolt everything back together. Because I made this mod my steps didn't work so good any more, so I built a new set that bolts to the rear bumper. I used as many parts from the original steps as possible. I will post some close-up pictures soon. I did make a video showing some of the parts and how they work.

Love the mod. My Snoozy is a 2012 and the frame didn't extend all the way back. May add a frame extention just for the step option. Very pro! Doug
dbensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 11:34 AM   #7

Syracuse, NY
Doug, I liked the steps DaveB put on his Snoozy, which are a scissors type. I think his are a Glowstep, available from Etrailer. I think you can bolt them to the rear frame member. You may have to drill some holes. They look like a nice setup, but I didn't like the price which is why I built my own.
Old 11-19-2020, 01:13 PM   #8

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Bill, the grey tank is about 7-8 inches thick and I mounted it on a 1 inch slope towards the rear. It is not a regular snoozy tank. As a matter of fact the only thing that is standard snoozy is the wet bath base. I spec'd everything else.
Cool! I would like to see the inside. We have used our trailer quite a lot but take exceptional care of it. A few things I would have prefered to be different. I did have propane installed at Snoozyville by an outside contractor with a two burner stove built in and a 10 " wide closet just inside the door under the air conditioner (also by Snoozy).
Previous or upcoming changes by me: Reflectix lining, a 6" wide hinged shelf behind the couch, removed the toilet and shut off water supply to the inside shower, 6.5 cu. ft. apartment size refrigerator in the shower area, storage under the fan, remove original refrigerator and put in thetford suitcase toilet and additional storage in the space freed up by removing the original refrigerator., outside access door under bed on the left side, electric brakes (the surge brakes work well except in slippery road conditions when they are absolutely useless).
Old 11-19-2020, 03:00 PM   #9

Syracuse, NY
Bill, you can see some pictures and descriptions of what I did in my trailer here
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...out-84618.html. I have a 2 burner stove, propex heater, 130 truck fridge, Dometic 4110 cassette toilet, reflectix covered with vinyl and plywood, awning windows.

Tags
axle, lil snoozy