AZ 2021 Western Winter Blast (Fireworks at Lake Havasu City) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-19-2020, 01:50 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
2021 Western Winter Blast (Fireworks at Lake Havasu City)

Just a heads up since a number of fiberglass trailer owners have already registered and others have expressed interest -

I just received notice from Sandy (the organizer) that the 2021 Western Winter Blast has been cancelled due to the Arizona Covid 19 surge. It was scheduled for the same weekend as the Quartzsite rally.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:48 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Fireworks cancelled !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
Just a heads up since a number of fiberglass trailer owners have already registered and others have expressed interest -

I just received notice from Sandy (the organizer) that the 2021 Western Winter Blast has been cancelled due to the Arizona Covid 19 surge. It was scheduled for the same weekend as the Quartzsite rally.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

That is sad, Jon, but necessary . One one of my favorites parts of the Havasu- Quartsite trip , fireworks so close to you the announcer keeps saying, " Don't forget, folks, eyewash stations at the base of the grandstands " . Or you can watch from across the road on free BLM camping land. But it brings up the question, Will Quartsite be 'cancelled' ? Or just , 'Should we even go ? ' I am considering whether this year Quartsite could turn into a spread out , quiet desert solo retreat , perhaps with a little bit of visiting thrown in ? Possibly not attractive for those like you who have to cross the country. We have a couple of months to see how anti-covid changes affect our country. I saw a good motto recently, " Don't trade Holidays for Funerals ! " David in Fresno and Sonora
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 04:00 PM   #3
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
[QUOTE=Jon Vermilye;798875 It, (the annual Lake Havasu Fireworks camp week), was scheduled for the same week as the Quartzsite rally.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know how this happened for 2021?

I thought that Quartzsite was always the first week of February.
tua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:34 AM   #4

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Quartzsite camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post

I really wanted to go to Quartzsite this year. I installed all of the solar so I can boondock and now everything is up in the air. This trade show is on but the timing is off and I wouldn't go anyway.
https://www.quartzsitervshow.com/

What about plain old camping on BLM lands. Are you going this year?
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:01 AM   #5

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
We were schedued into Havasu for this as well. I guess we'll go hang around in the desert near Quartszite for a couple of weeks. Gotta get out of here for a while.
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:48 AM   #6

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
We were planning a trip to that area this winter but decided it was to risky. We were planning to boondock the entire trip. The biggest necessary risk is shopping, which is pretty much the same wherever you go. The one that really concerned us was an accident, motor vehicle, falling down, sickness, things that would require medical attention, or losing our TV and/or trailer. For now we will just watch videos, wait for the vaccine and for things to quiet down!
Old 01-13-2021, 10:51 AM   #7

Name: Dan
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25B25RQ
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
We were planning a trip to that area this winter but decided it was to risky. We were planning to boondock the entire trip. The biggest necessary risk is shopping, which is pretty much the same wherever you go. The one that really concerned us was an accident, motor vehicle, falling down, sickness, things that would require medical attention, or losing our TV and/or trailer. For now we will just watch videos, wait for the vaccine and for things to quiet down!
We've been going to the Quartzite rally for years. A few years ago I had to drive myself to the ER at Blythe in the wee hours. Turned out I had a kidney stone. UGH!
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:59 AM   #8

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Information at Lake Havasu.

https://www.golakehavasu.com/visitors-center

note the Balloon festival Has changed format due to covid, small events are still going on but with reduced efforts. Almost no one wearing masks pretty much unless runawways from California.

At least that way when we were there last December through new years. Still allot of snow birds camping just before you get in on the north end of town. this year allot of the closer in town overnight camping areas have been posted closed especially towards the west side towards the river behind the Walmart shopping plaza.

that is where our mobile home is located.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
havasu