Uhaul Taillight Repairs - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2021, 11:56 AM   #21

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
You can Resto-Mod a car and "I" think that's the only way to with any "Vintage" Fiberglass trailer and in specific a Uhaul CT13 or VT-16 campers. Your Resto-Mod trailer will be more valuable and more desirable now and in the future. You the owner will also git greater enjoyment and fun during your camping adventures.
There was a company in England that would take an original E-type Jaguar or Aston Martin DB-5 (James Bond's car) and rebuild them with modern suspensions, transmissions and engines. Were they original? No, but if you bought one for driving they were far superior to original.
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:21 PM   #22

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Agreed, stock vintage is for the museum! "Restomod" is the answer if you want to use it.
Fred
Old 04-21-2021, 05:18 PM   #23

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
[QUOTE=vintageracer;811820]I was the one who made the all red Uhaul replacement lenses.

Thanks for the update on your lenses Mike. I didn't know if you were still producing them. I put a set on our Uhaul because my light buckets were in good shape and I liked the original look. Much of our Uhaul was modified, including a couple windows, interior seating, fridge, roof vent, propane delete, and other items, so I wasn't trying to stay all original. We were going for functional and comfortable.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 05:59 AM   #24

Name: Gary
Trailer: UHaul CT13
Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED SMAILES View Post
Agreed, stock vintage is for the museum! "Restomod" is the answer if you want to use it.
Fred
Fred,
Amen to "restomod"! I'm several years into a restomod of a 1958 Anglia (Ford of England 2-door). Mostly-stock body, but all-83-Corolla drivetrain & front suspension & steering... VW Bug dash... Civic seats... etc, etc.
Gary

(apologies for taking thread somewhat further off-topic)
Attached Thumbnails
20-0824 Turnlamps 03.jpg   13-0819-ColumbiaMO-01!.jpg  

17-1226-RadSupport 02c.jpg   20-0408 Car n Parts Shuffle 01d.jpg  

Old 04-22-2021, 06:21 AM   #25

Name: Alexander
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1300
New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by groys02 View Post
Mostly-stock body, but all-83-Corolla drivetrain & front suspension & steering
I can understand why you used the Toyota mechanics, we had a 1979 Corolla with the 2-4-T engine. You couldn't kill it! It froze solid one winter when my older brother (whose car it was) didn't check the antifreeze. The next spring after it thawed, it started right up like nothing happened!
Alex Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 03:12 PM   #26

Name: Cheryl
Trailer: UHaul CT-13
Minnesota
Taillight gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanG View Post
I've just bought a Uhaul 13. My first project is to get the taillight gremlins sorted. In my investigation I've discovered that while the plexiglass covers are still in good shape the inner plastic brackets that holds the lightbulbs are falling apart. Has anyone found anything to replace that bracket?
Thanks NathanG for posting your pics! We are also running into a few gremlins with our taillights in our new to us CT-13..... I like the original look of the corner lights and our lens' are in great shape..... but that rubber gasket is not making the grade. I think we'll try and utilize that metal bracket you've created with the old metal housing.... this should be a good fix for us. My husband isn't ready to jump on the LED wagon yet. Thanks again!
MN BADEN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, uhaul