Introducing the Happier Camper Traveler - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2019, 03:44 PM   #21

Name: Doug
Trailer: Looking
Texas
@mikmay, do you have any update on when HC will release more details? I've quite curious to find out more.
pmaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:06 PM   #22
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Doug thanks for your interest in the HCT.due to a few minor issues with organizing our launch we still do not have an official date and photo release.We are still hoping for an early nov date .
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:22 PM   #23

Name: Maggie
Trailer: In the market
NM
Hey there,
Curious if there is update yet on the HCT release info?
Really curious to see pics of how the adaptability works out since there won't be the big rear hatch.
Thanks!
mkrajewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:22 AM   #24
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrajewski View Post
Hey there,
Curious if there is update yet on the HCT release info?
Really curious to see pics of how the adaptability works out since there won't be the big rear hatch.
Thanks!
Website and photos should be up next week ,launch shortly after
Old 11-22-2019, 10:01 AM   #25

NM
@mikmay great news! Will that include various configuration photos? That's what I've been most curious about. Thanks
Old 11-22-2019, 07:29 PM   #26
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
@mikmay great news! Will that include various configuration photos? That's what I've been most curious about. Thanks
I’m sure they will .
Old 12-02-2019, 01:03 PM   #27

NM
Hi! @MikMay
Any updates on the announcement?
Old 12-02-2019, 01:38 PM   #28

Name: Doug
Trailer: Looking
Texas
I don't want to steal any of their thunder or marketing launch, but it looks like there is one posted for sale at B&B RV in Denver: https://www.rvt.com/Happier-Camper-H...45102-UX142180. It has been listed for sale there for about a month, but I didn't want to bring attention to it earlier. It looks very nice!
pmaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:15 PM   #29
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Hi! @MikMay
Any updates on the announcement?
Just saw the first draft of the new website last night ,should be up very soon
Old 12-02-2019, 07:44 PM   #30

NM
Pins & Needles!
Old 12-05-2019, 06:07 PM   #31

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Gonna sell like Hot cakes. It sure looks high quality, thanks Doug and congrats Mike. It's been a long time coming.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 02:26 PM   #32

I guess someone bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaknight View Post
I don't want to steal any of their thunder or marketing launch, but it looks like there is one posted for sale at B&B RV in Denver: https://www.rvt.com/Happier-Camper-H...45102-UX142180. It has been listed for sale there for about a month, but I didn't want to bring attention to it earlier. It looks very nice!
Old 12-18-2019, 04:15 PM   #33
Commercial Member

Ontario
Yes Ken even though we have not officially launched the HCT yet we have sold some of our first prototypes and I believe their are four or five out there in the wild . Those early prototypes were of partial double hull construction that we were experimenting with some different inner shell materials but we have now decided going forward to go with a complete double hull much like the HC1. Happier Camper is also expecting to introduce a similar to the HC1 but very different camper in the next few weeks and we are hoping that it and the HCT as well as our sprinter van interior will all be released together on our new website.sorry about the delays on the introductions but better to get things right the first time.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:06 PM   #34

Thats Ok we apprecaite your feedback, we can enjoy the eye candy here in the meantime. Great design
https://vimeo.com/371810273
Old 12-19-2019, 05:39 PM   #35

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I like the way component parts magically appear, but where are they when not in use?
Old 12-19-2019, 06:01 PM   #36
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I like the way component parts magically appear, but where are they when not in use?
Trade secret Glenn , but it does work like the video shows. The trick is to know the way you plan to camp at any given time and for any circumstance and yes if components are not in the trailer they would obviously have to be somewhere else .
Old 12-19-2019, 08:04 PM   #37

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Mike, that new trailer looks great. After talking for quite some time with Derek in Winnipeg last year about it, and seeing how keen he was on the whole concept, it is sure great to finally see it. I wish you guys all the best into the future with your trailers.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 01:04 PM   #38

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Mike, after viewing the videos, I like the HCT. Very sharp styling inside and out. A rugged look. And the modular interior provides flexibility not available in a Scamp, Casita, etc.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 01:58 PM   #39
Commercial Member

Ontario
Thanks all for your positive response to the HCT.although HC has not officially released the HCT it looks like it is out there now.There have been various reasons for the delay on the launch of the HCT many having to with the turmoil in RV parts supply especially for small fg trailers. Some of this turmoil has led HC to source some new innovative products that we are still prototyping and hope to have available on our first production units.HC also rolled out a handful of units that we had experimented with a new innovative insulated coating that would allow for a partial single hull with the intent to keep the costs down but after careful consideration we felt it did not live up to the standards of the double hull HC1 and decided to make the HCT a full double hulled trailer.
HC will also will also be launching the new HC1X which will be similar to the HC1 but very different (I know that’s an oxymoron) and the new Sprinter van adaptive interior along with the HCT in the new year and hope to have this all come together soon.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:03 PM   #40

This unit looks great in the videos, but if it is going to use the Laveo toilet, we would not consider it. The refill kits are just too expensive (17 average uses each with a a pack of 3 costing $54.95), and frankly they seem wasteful to us throwing all of those materials away after limited use.

I couldn't really look close enough to identify what toilet was being used. I would think something more like the Nature's Head, which I think is an option on the Oliver, might be a better option, but maybe it wouldn't suit others. The C-Head is another option.

I know many people just try not to or don't use their camper toilets (even showers) at all, but if we aren't going to use the bathroom, a tent would be a more economical choice.

Paying more than $1.00 to use the toilet each time........
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
happier camper