Casita vibrates - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2023, 09:31 PM   #1

Name: Debra
Trailer: Casita 2019
FL
Casita vibrates

Hi. The rear of my Casita, on the drivers side, vibrates --- just on the inside. It seems to be worse at night or maybe just seems that way to me as I am trying to sleep. But it can get strong. I have turned off the frig, the fan, the AC if it is on, the hot water heater and even unplugged the electric. Nothing seems to stop it when it is happening but it is not constant. I spoke to my RV guy on the phone...he thought it might have something to do with the water pump or the fan in the converter??? Any ideas? Has anyone else experienced such a thing? There is sometimes a slight hum as well. And I do not hear that or feel the vibration when I put my hand on the outside of the Casita. I was away traveling (not in the Casita) and had the Casita in outdoor storage with a protective cover for six months if that could be clue to my Casita mystery. Appreciate any ideas.
Debbie in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 07:52 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita
New Mexico
Have you tried turning off the water pump? It is designed to run when you're using water, and to stop when you're not running water. If there's no water in your fresh tank, or if the line is blocked between the tank and the pump, it will probably run continuously. When it runs, you can hear and feel a vibration in the left (driver-side) rear corner. Turn it off (the switch is just below the kitchen sink) and see if the noise stops.
DaveLevenson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita