Prices- Casita vs. LIL Snoozy - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2017, 11:00 PM   #21

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
The need to manually empty a cassette toilet is simply gross to me, and I would never own an RV that had one. If that's all I had, I would either use the public facilities or head off into the woods with a shovel.

But generally I like the design and the quality of the Lil Snoozy. I particularly like the sandwiched design of the hull fiberglass and the Red Oak interior cabinetry. I think they'd appeal to a much larger customer base if plumbed for a black tank, and perhaps adding propane and a cooktop.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:09 AM   #22

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
My two bits -- Check the trailer width. The Casita is 6'8" so can be towed without extra length side mirrors and provides excellent vision in traffic.
The interior width of the Snoozy is 6 ft. 6 in. So the exterior width is probably 6'8" not counting the extra inch on each side of the center band. Hmmm.

From tire to tire, it is 8'.

The Don Pod
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:17 AM   #23

Name: josh
Trailer: Burro
Kentucky
I emptied our cassette toilet once at home, now i almost always dump it at the RV dump station. It's not a particularly pleasant experience but it's not so off putting that i would change it out to a different system. It might also have been the conditioner they used. The sample stuff you get with Thetfords is just terrible. I changed over to another product and I really found it not that bad
ojdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:32 AM   #24

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
Please share the name of the other product you are using. Some of us don't want a hazmat team called in if we dump in a public place.
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:26 AM   #25

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeair2me View Post
Please share the name of the other product you are using. Some of us don't want a hazmat team called in if we dump in a public place.
We use "Happier Camper". No odors.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:38 AM   #26

Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
We use "Happier Camper". No odors.
Dave & Paula
I think you're referring to "Happy Campers" holding tank treatment?

"Happier Camper" is a new brand of fiberglass trailer based in LA.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:33 AM   #27

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtec View Post
I kind of liked the Little Snoozy's but checked them a bit further reading this thread and found some complete deal breakers for me to consider them. First, no propane appliances. I run the fridge continually on the road and seldom get an electrical site. In the northern climate we also run propane furnaces all the time as well. The second is the toilet. Some swear by the cassette toilet, some swear at it. I wasn't much aware of them but after watching this video I feel enlightened enough to never get one. Be sure to watch the end of the video.

And I suspect some will chime in that cassette toilets are not so bad to dump in a public restroom rather than at home, gross! I will stick to black then grey water hoses as they are no big deal. Grey water flushes out the black pretty well.
I hope you are not getting all your camping advise from these two. The Thetford Curve is a porta potty not a cassette. The cassette toilet tank comes out of an exterior hatch on the Snoozy. We have never had the problems they describe. If they used an additive there is no unpleasant smell. To each his own.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:29 PM   #28

Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlsara View Post
We have never had the problems they describe. If they used an additive there is no unpleasant smell. To each his own.
So you don't really have a problem with the cassette toilet, emptying it Etc? Did it take awhile to get used to it? That was the only thing that really turned me off from the little snoozy at first but now I'm thinking it may not be so bad considering the good points. And what chemicals do you use?
Thanks.

The Don Pod
Old 06-22-2017, 02:29 PM   #29

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
Thank you Charlsara- DITTO!!
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:36 PM   #30

North Carolina
Registry
I may be in the minority but I like the cassette system. No cleaning the nasty dump hose and no waiting in line at a dump station. It is true they need to be emptied more often but I
would rather do that than haul around a large tank of waste under the trailer. I use the Thetford blue liquid and don't have a problem with odor.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:00 PM   #31

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Dump the black tank followed by the grey tank ( soapy water ), followed by a quick rinse of the hose. I find nothing offensive about dumping trailer tanks. Don't have to hide a cassette under my jacket while sneaking into the camp washrooms.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:14 PM   #32

North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Dump the black tank followed by the grey tank ( soapy water ), followed by a quick rinse of the hose. I find nothing offensive about dumping trailer tanks. Don't have to hide a cassette under my jacket while sneaking into the camp washrooms.

That's cute. I don't sneak anywhere just boldly go...And I don't have large pipes hanging under the trailer... just saying..
Old 06-22-2017, 05:35 PM   #33

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Wisconsin
Quote:
That's cute. I don't sneak anywhere just boldly go...And I don't have large pipes hanging under the trailer... just saying..
And you also cannot go on a 3500 mile 13 day road trip, never get an electric site, and run a ice cold refrigerator or have hot water/furnace the whole time without propane. Sorry, I could not live without propane either. No way would I pay for electric sites over a non-electric site.
Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:58 PM   #34

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtec View Post
And you also cannot go on a 3500 mile 13 day road trip, never get an electric site, and run a ice cold refrigerator or have hot water/furnace the whole time without propane. Sorry, I could not live without propane either. No way would I pay for electric sites over a non-electric site.
Completely agree. A travel trailer without propane appliances makes no sense to me. It's a weekend only camper.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:29 PM   #35

North Carolina
Registry
We can find plenty wrong with each other's choices. That is why they sell different units. To each his own. I have 22,000 miles on my four year old LIL Snoozy. I don't find lack of propane a handicap.We have a Truckfridge that is very efficient on 12v and safe to run while on the go, multiple batteries, generator and a butane cook stove.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:45 PM   #36

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
We have a Truckfridge that is very efficient on 12v and safe to run while on the go, multiple batteries, generator and a butane cook stove.
Wouldn't it be easier to just have propane?
Old 06-22-2017, 07:22 PM   #37

Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
We can find plenty wrong with each other's choices. That is why they sell different units. To each his own. I have 22,000 miles on my four year old LIL Snoozy. I don't find lack of propane a handicap.We have a Truckfridge that is very efficient on 12v and safe to run while on the go, multiple batteries, generator and a butane cook stove.
I agree with this. While I personally don't want a trailer with a cassette toilet or no propane, different folks have different needs. Choose what's right for you and how you camp.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:34 PM   #38

North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to just have propane?

Propane is a good fuel but using it in a camper brings the possibly of disastrous leaks. The danger in going down the road with open flames is apparent to me. Propane appliances like hot water heaters require a large hole cut into the hull. That attracts insects and promotes leaks. That is my argument against installed propane. I don't mind using camp stoves and heaters that use a direct bottle. I realize you gentlemen like propane and that's fine with me..
Old 06-22-2017, 10:30 PM   #39

Texas
Quote:
. I realize you gentlemen like propane and that's fine with me..
I am single. I mainly want to travel around the country with a smaller trailer. At no time in the foreseeable future will I be boondocking. Plus I don't use the oven and I don't use the range on top for most things. I have an induction cooktop for when I need a frying pan which isn't very often I use my Vitamix and I use the microwave. And I use a toaster oven. But I'm single and I don't have to cook for a family.

At first I was kind of turned off because there was no propane system on several fiberglass trailers. But I like the Simplicity of it now. One less system to spring leaks, a system which I don't even use now. For me and the traveling that I will be doing, I can go with an all Electric System.

Another thing I like about the Snoozy is no rivets on top and fewer holes on the shell.

I really just want to carry my hotel room around with me where I can sleep and shower and watch TV and cook a little bit. For my needs, I think the Snoozy might work.

The Don Pod
Old 06-23-2017, 01:39 PM   #40

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Wisconsin
I think the Lil Snoozy is a fantastic design and in no way want to slam it. I seriously considered them when looking. The positives are the layout, entering from the back which makes efficient use of space, no rivets, double hull, these all really enticed me.

But, it really is a totally different type of camping. You pretty much need electricity so it takes away the typical places we gravitate to. And there is no way I would want to run a generator all the while we are camping to keep our fridge cold. We only run a generator maybe in the late afternoon for A/C and to charge the battery. We camp for the silence and getting to nature and so do our neighboring campers where we go. Generators are usually frowned on in National forest/State parks. The 13 day trip we took out west used about $13 off one propane tank, and many days were in the low 90's. The fridge runs continually, no worries for cheap, and propane is no more of a safety hazard than electricity.

For us the Little Snoozy is too one dimensional and not enough versatility which may be perfectly fine for many others. Scamp's, Casita's, Escape's, Bigfoot's, etc. are go anywhere, anyplace campers. If Little Snoozy offered black water tank toilet, propane fridge, water heater, stove, furnace package, I would have no hesitation buying one.
Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, lil snoozy