Trillium 1300 LED light bulbs - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2020, 06:24 PM   #1

Name: Jon
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Quebec
Trillium 1300 LED light bulbs

Hi,

Anyone has replaced original indoor light bulbs with LED ones? If so, which ones have you purchased? Tk you!
JX007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:26 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by JX007 View Post
Hi,

Anyone has replaced original indoor light bulbs with LED ones? If so, which ones have you purchased? Tk you!
what sort of bulbs does your trailer use ?

I just replaced the cool white LEDs in my trailer with these warmer ones,
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C5QC3H6 which are 'T10' wedge base.

in my Casita, which used '1156' bayonet lamps similar to older style car tail lights, with a BA15S base, I used something like these... https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...tributes/10818 also in warm white.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:53 AM   #3

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
New Brunswick
Trillium 1300 LED light bulbs

Hi Jon
I replaced all the original lights on my Trillium 1300 with a complete lamp from Princess Auto. I used 2 double light units one over the sink area and one over the table area. I made a bracket to mount the table light on the closet near the ceiling. I used 2 single units ,one on each end of the upper cabinets. These were a simple 2 wire hook up once you cut off the ends of the original lamp fixture wires. (they are polarity dependant so switch the wires if they need to be) You can just buy the bulbs but the old lights will not be anywhere as bright as a replacement LED lamp fixture plus the new LED's use 80% less current.
The catalog numbers are: 8381063 & 8488702 I believe ,verify this with P.A. they do have a on/off switch on them as well. I hope this information may help you with your upgrade. Happy Camping ! Duane
getaway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 05:33 AM   #4

Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
For your Trillium 1300, if you are replacing the bulbs in existing fixtures, use 1156 style bulbs with a BA15S base. You could use the 1156 style bulbs suggested by John in Santa Cruz, or the 1156 style bulbs I recently purchased for my Boler 17:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 02:05 PM   #5

Mid Left Coast
btw, the best LED bulbs say something like 10-30V DC in their specs, this means they have an internal voltage regulator, which means their brightness will be constant as your battery charger cycles, and they won't burn out on 14.6V spikes during the absorption phase of a 'smart' charger.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:45 PM   #6

Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
OK JinSC, what if the bulb spec reads "Working Voltage: DC12-24V/AC12-24V"? Is it regulated?
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 03:59 PM   #7

Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Michigan View Post
OK JinSC, what if the bulb spec reads "Working Voltage: DC12-24V/AC12-24V"? Is it regulated?

yup.

LEDs are current devices, they only need a few volts but they are very sensitive to the current passing through them. cheap way is to use a series resistor to limit the current, but at 12V, that resistor is wasting 2-3 times as much watts as the LED is getting, and for higher brightness LEDs thats really wasteful. the better way is a current regulator that typically uses high speed PWM to switch the power off and on 1000s of times/second and modulate the duty cycle to get the desired average current, this is far more power efficient, and has the bonus effect of keeping the LED at a constant brightness when the voltage changes (our "12V DC" systems typically are anywhere from around 12.1V when the battery is 50% discharged to 14.4 or even 14.6V when a power converter is doing the 'absorption' phase of the charging cycle).
Old 12-17-2020, 06:20 AM   #8

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
I have always thought our camper's factory incandescent lights were way too weak. Last year I tried some replacement bulbs from Amazon (XCSOURCE 10PCS Warm White 1156 BA15S / 1141/1073 / 1095 Base 18 SMD 5050 LED) but found them to be no improvement - in fact, a little dimmer. Still wanting more light I decided to try this Kohree Upgrade LED RV Double Dome Light
I received the lights and they were nicely packed in a bundle but well protected from damage and scuffs. Installation was easy - simply removed the old lights, clipped the wires, stripped the ends and used the included connectors to complete the wiring for the new lights.
Time to turn them on. The first thing noticed is these are bright. Very bright! The second thing is light is definitely whiter than the old incandescent
Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 05:24 AM   #9

Name: Rober
Trailer: Rover
Pennsylvania
Yeah, I also replaced the standard lamps in my trailers with LED ones. This way, you can easily install them all over the trailer and illuminate it well. I like being in a trailer because it has a different atmosphere than at home, and the LED strip only improves this.
berrycheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 03:32 AM   #10

Pennsylvania
Yeah, I also replaced the standard lamps in my trailers with LED ones. This way, you can easily install them all over the trailer and illuminate it well. I like being in a trailer because it has a different atmosphere than at home, and the LED strip only improves this. I also thought it would be nice to put a lamp there that works from WiFi, and it has millions of RGB color options. I already have one at home, and it would be nice to try to put it in the trailer. I don't know how practical it will be, but I will definitely read about the needed conditions for this lamp on the Amazon page from where I bought it.
Old 02-15-2022, 03:34 AM   #11

Pennsylvania
Yeah, I also replaced the standard lamps in my trailers with LED ones. This way, you can easily install them all over the trailer and illuminate it well. I like being in a trailer because it has a different atmosphere than at home, and the LED strip only improves this. I also thought it would be nice to put a lamp there that works from WiFi, and it has millions of RGB color options. I already have one at home, and it would be nice to try to put it in the trailer. I don't know how practical it will be, but I will definitely read about the needed conditions for this lamp on the Amazon page from where I bought it.

Tags
light, trillium