2007 Bigfoot FB21 water tank draining - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2020, 03:53 PM   #1

Name: Greg
Trailer: Bigfoot and Casita Spirit Deluxe
New Mexico
Registry
2007 Bigfoot FB21 water tank draining

so I have rebuilt(1 ground up) Scamp, Casita, Airstream, 2 argosies and a Bigfoot 17. My 21 was perfect when I got it, well cared for, didn't need a thing. I am sure someone will have a simple answer to my question that will make me feel even more like the knuckle dragging hillbilly I am.

And I'll take it like a man...!

How do you drain fresh water from the tank? I wanted to put fresh in with Chlorine which I normally do earlier in the year...Thank you Senior Pandemic.

I can run all the water out through the pump and faucets and commode but that seems odd.

There is a drain accessed through the front storage compartment under the bed and near the tank but when it is open, nothing drains and the system won't pressurize. When it is closed, the system is pressurized and water runs all the places it should.

What am I missing?????
Apltrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:18 AM   #2

Name: Tryonbrewer
Trailer: Northern Lite
South Carolina
Have you tried opening the valve and some of the faucets to create an airflow? This is how my Northern Lite TC works. I do use the pump when the water's about gone to get the last of it out.

I've been looking for a 21FB for quite a while. They are hard to find - especially anything east of the Mississippi. I'm willing to drive west to get one and did just that to get the Northern Lite in Los Alamos 6 years ago.

Good luck. BTW, I thought hillbillies only lived here
tschager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:04 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
On the 21FB the tanks are in the front? On my 21RB the tanks are in the back. Based on where the shower and toilet are on the 21FB, I would have thought the tanks are in a similar place.

In the 21RB, the drain valve is at the very back under the bed, accessed via the external storage door. The valve is close to directly under the fresh water fill. I open the drain valve and the water comes out the drain hole on the bottom. It does drain faster if I open the fresh water inlet while the valve is open.
JonRaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:20 AM   #4

New Mexico
Registry
Yep these FB's are hard to find. I bought this about 10 months ago. I saw the ad the morning it was posted and was only a couple of hours away. I went and took enough cash to secure it took one look and bought and came back two days later to pull iy home. The PO was a joy to deal with and had just bought a 25 and I had just sold my 17 so it was the perfect deal.

The water tank is under the bed in the front and so far I have only found 1 valve in the line. I just got back from a couple of days taking my grand kids on an adventure so I will spend more time on it now that I am back.

BTW...... hillbillies, at least my past generations came from 2 lick holler in WV.....almost every name on every mailbox in the holler has the same last name. For me at this point it is a shared loved of Old Time string band music and playing fiddle with others of like mind every chance I get.

Cheers
Old 07-29-2020, 08:32 PM   #5

Name: Stu
Trailer: 2003 21RB Bigfoot
Coos Bay, Oregon
I'd look under the trailer for the drain tube and then work back from there to find a valve. I have a 21RB so that's all the help I can offer...
South Coast Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:08 PM   #6

New Mexico
Registry
starting at the inderside

Stu,
Thanks for the idea. I have already done that. But seeing your suggestion reminded me that I haven't tested out the valve that should be the drain. it is a 2 way, T, plastic valve that comes from the tank and at the valve it either goes out the drain or diverts rearward to the water pump and all else water. I am amazed that sometimes I don't check the obvious first!!!!

Tags
bigfoot