Surfside 6" lift - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2020, 07:06 PM   #1

Name: Zac
Trailer: Surfside
Ontario
Surfside 6" lift

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to show you how I lifted my 1976 Surfside. 3" with bigger tires and 3" blocks. I plan to install a greay water tank under it so i needed more clearance. Rather then post a big long write up I posted a video see the link below. Any ideas i'd appreciate them. Thanks
Zac

https://youtu.be/C714eky5YZ8
zac w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:08 AM   #2

Name: Michael
Trailer: Casita 16ft.
California
Good video! I did a similar project on my older vintage 16' Casita for grey water tank clearance.
Nor Cal Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:27 AM   #3

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Mike View Post
Good video! I did a similar project on my older vintage 16' Casita for grey water tank clearance.
Thanks!

Can I ask did you just have gravity feed into the tank or was it pumped into your tank.... I’ve been debating with both... I think pumping it in will give me more clearance because I can mount the tank higher, but I’m not so keen on adding in something that could fail. Any input would be appreciated.
Zac
Old 06-06-2020, 08:06 AM   #4

California
I mounted my 16 gallon grey tank is just behind the axle between the frame rails.The rear floor of the Casita's steps up about 4" in the rear dinete area which allowed me to tuck the tank up pretty high. In addition to lifing the trailer 4 1/2 inches, I also added 1 1/2 inch thick spacers between the body and the frame rails to add more room for the tank. The galley sink gravity feeds to the tank. The shower drain at the front will require a grey water pump to reach the tank.

Here is a pic of my tank installation. Note the drain plumbing from the sink on the right hand side.

Old 06-06-2020, 08:16 AM   #5

Ontario
That's great! Thanks for the pictures it makes sense.... I think that's the path I will be going also. Appreciate it.
Zac
Old 06-06-2020, 08:37 AM   #6

California
I'm glad the picture helped. I will add that I also added a vent through the ceiling in the sink drain plumbing and installed a conventional p-trap at the sink. The grey tank also has a 3/8 vent that taps into the main vent. The tank vent is the flexible hose that coils around on the upper right side above the ABS piping. The sink and tank both drain very quickly thanks to this venting.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:50 AM   #7

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Mike View Post
I'm glad the picture helped. I will add that I also added a vent through the ceiling in the sink drain plumbing and installed a conventional p-trap at the sink. The grey tank also has a 3/8 vent that taps into the main vent. The tank vent is the flexible hose that coils around on the upper right side above the ABS piping. The sink and tank both drain very quickly thanks to this venting.
That's good to know. To be honest I haven't really thought of the venting. I was going to run the sink and shower thru the pump so it should act like a trap and at the same time keep my plumbing fairly simple...but I'm not really sure that will work. I'm going to have to experiment a bit with the set up before I install it.

Tags
surfside