Casita Bathroom Upgrade - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2020, 06:15 PM   #1

Name: Charlie
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Casita Bathroom Upgrade

We recently completed an upgrade to our 2004 Casita Spirit Deluxe bathroom. We removed the existing plastic corner sink, installed a stainless sink, separate shower controls and an Oxygenics shower head.

For more complete details, please visit this album.
Attached Thumbnails
4CA5E443-4B3B-4C3C-BFA3-F2887CCCA6EA.jpg  
woodchipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:39 PM   #2
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
I love this! I saw your post on a Facebook group - am so glad you also posted here. I'm thinking our Escape is going to need this mod one of these days...
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:12 AM   #3

Name: carolyn
Trailer: 2005 casita sd
Michigan
sink install

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchipper View Post
We recently completed an upgrade to our 2004 Casita Spirit Deluxe bathroom. We removed the existing plastic corner sink, installed a stainless sink, separate shower controls and an Oxygenics shower head.

For more complete details, please visit this album.

Beautiful work. our 2005 SD needs it too. Want to come to Michigan and beautify ours? Ha - it's been wet and dreary here for days.
garycarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 03:00 PM   #4

Name: Dan
Trailer: Casita 17 SD
Florida
Sink redo in Casita SD

Thanks for posting, I have a 21 year old SD where the plastic sink cracked. So far I repaired it with epoxy but it is on my future projects list. Been looking for a deeper bowl on a replacement but the small area available really limits choices. Maybe a small bucket. Also fixtures that have a diverter for the shower are not easy to find so far.

Looks good and gets me thinking.
JaxDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 10:59 AM   #5

Name: Randy
Trailer: Casita 17 FD
Florida
Very nice, but wow how much skilled work must be required...and costly. The starboard probably costs well over $100 ( I tried to buy some to replace my Casita kitchen sink cover recently). Then all the mitered joints, that most would not have the skill and equipment to do. How did you connect those joints, because Starboard can't be glued to provide strong joints?

Seeing all of that, I am going to be very careful with my flimsy Casita corner sink now.
GatorCasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 11:12 AM   #6

Name: Charlie
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorCasita View Post
Very nice, but wow how much skilled work must be required...and costly. The starboard probably costs well over $100 ( I tried to buy some to replace my Casita kitchen sink cover recently). Then all the mitered joints, that most would not have the skill and equipment to do. How did you connect those joints, because Starboard can't be glued to provide strong joints?

Seeing all of that, I am going to be very careful with my flimsy Casita corner sink now.
Actually, the Starboard was only $58 at our Home Depot. The total material cost for the entire project was under $300 (starboard, sink, faucet, shower head, shower control, drain stopper and plumbing fittings).

You're correct in that it cannot be glued. I used conventional woodworking techniques. The panels are assembled using pocket screw joinery. I am a woodworking hobbyist.
woodchipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 11:21 AM   #7

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorCasita View Post

the pictures in the build album show angle brackets screwed to the inside seals.

miter cutting is pretty easy if you have a router, or a table saw

Starboard is HDPE ? solvent based welding should make joints as strong as the material.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita