1972 Cloud - How much is it worth? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #1

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
1972 Cloud - How much is it worth?

Hello everyone,
I am not sure I am posting this in the right area but I found and bought a 1972 Cloud in August, I have been working on it steady since then and have made some what I believe to be improvements to it. It is in wonderful condition for a camper that is 38 years old and feels brand new to me. Problem I am having is it is time to insure it and take it on the road but my insurance needs to know the value of my camper. Does anyone have any idea what a 1972 Cloud is worth? I can not find any information anywhere about this. I saw another post similar to this one from a few years back but no one ever really answer the question. Any advice, opinions, or anything would be appreciated.
(You can see several photos of my new Cloud on my profile)
Thank you,
Tyler
EddyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
There are some vintage trailer forums and those people may have some idea, also maybe those girls with that vintage group might have an idea.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:37 PM   #3

Wisconsin
Registry
Do you know the web address for those sites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
There are some vintage trailer forums and those people may have some idea, also maybe those girls with that vintage group might have an idea.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #4

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
I think the girls are called "sisters on the fly". You can probably do what I do, just start typing stuff in Google or Yahoo.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #5

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyEd View Post
Hello everyone,
I am not sure I am posting this in the right area but I found and bought a 1972 Cloud in August, I have been working on it steady since then and have made some what I believe to be improvements to it. It is in wonderful condition for a camper that is 38 years old and feels brand new to me. Problem I am having is it is time to insure it and take it on the road but my insurance needs to know the value of my camper. Does anyone have any idea what a 1972 Cloud is worth? I can not find any information anywhere about this. I saw another post similar to this one from a few years back but no one ever really answer the question. Any advice, opinions, or anything would be appreciated.
(You can see several photos of my new Cloud on my profile)
Thank you,
Tyler
If it is in nice shape and they will allow it, put a fair market value on it of $4000. If they need a letter of appraisal, contact me directly.
Also, check with your agent you should be automatically insured for liability when towing, so the rate for comp and collision for a stated amount should be reasonable.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #6

Wisconsin
Registry
Thank you Floyd I appreciate your advice and offer. I called this morning and told them what I had seen other Clouds listed for and that they all sold and also what you had said. I went with $4500 just to be safe and they didn't seem to really care, they said okay and that was that. I thought for sure it would be more of a hassle. I put full coverage on it for the towing season and will knock it down for the winter. I am hoping to get a few more months of use out of her before I have to put her in storage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
If it is in nice shape and they will allow it, put a fair market value on it of $4000. If they need a letter of appraisal, contact me directly.
Also, check with your agent you should be automatically insured for liability when towing, so the rate for comp and collision for a stated amount should be reasonable.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #7

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyEd View Post
Thank you Floyd I appreciate your advice and offer. I called this morning and told them what I had seen other Clouds listed for and that they all sold and also what you had said. I went with $4500 just to be safe and they didn't seem to really care, they said okay and that was that. I thought for sure it would be more of a hassle. I put full coverage on it for the towing season and will knock it down for the winter. I am hoping to get a few more months of use out of her before I have to put her in storage.
Consider that comp coverage includes hazards such as trees or buildings falling on it, or snow load etc.... You may want it insured all year!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud