New Scamp Wrap-around Cabinets - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-12-2022, 11:59 AM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shangie View Post
I do love the upper cabinets in our Trillium 4500 for functionality and the appearance of cozy versus that bareness for my brain and how I interpret cozy. Having done a thorough decluttering of our home, camper and boat, I find i need less storage but having those helps me stay organized with what I do ned to store. It was decluttering that led me to believe we could be happy in a smaller camper.
I'm divided. I like the openness in my Scamp without front or rear overhead cabinets. It doesn't look bare to me, just spacious, and there's nothing to potentially bang your head on, as one earlier post suggests.

But looking ahead to some longer empty nest trips, I also like the idea of extra storage, and for exactly the reason you suggest. Not so much more stuff- I like to keep it simple and light- but so you can keep things separated and organized. I know I don't want the upper front cabinet, because we may still use the upper bunk, so extra space in the back would be nice. But speaking of head-banging, I'm curious now...

Anybody with the fiberglass side saddle cabinets ever measure, or willing to measure now, the vertical distance between the seat cushion and the bottom of the cabinet?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp