The Eggcamper Teardrop? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-04-2007, 12:56 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We are looking at teardrops on the internet. We were looking at the standard fiberglass but decided to go a little smaller yet and remembered that the Eggcamper had a teardrop. Has anyone maybe seen one of their products and if so what were your thoughts. Also, I have came across the Little Guy and liked it but later found a comment where a guy's 2004 had leaked and rotted out a major portion of the wood interior which horrified me. I really like the fiberglass trailers without the carpet and such as it gives a really clean feel and look - easier to clean which means a lot as one ages - I guess dust and mud just goes hand in hand with camping. Any info or general thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Cathy
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:58 PM   #2

Trailer: 88 Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
We are looking at teardrops on the internet. We were looking at the standard fiberglass but decided to go a little smaller yet and remembered that the Eggcamper had a teardrop. Has anyone maybe seen one of their products and if so what were your thoughts. Also, I have came across the Little Guy and liked it but later found a comment where a guy's 2004 had leaked and rotted out a major portion of the wood interior which horrified me. I really like the fiberglass trailers without the carpet and such as it gives a really clean feel and look - easier to clean which means a lot as one ages - I guess dust and mud just goes hand in hand with camping. Any info or general thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Cathy
Cathy if your refering to the thread over on the teardrop and ttt web-forum, I believe that the owner was very pleased with the end outcome on his Little Guy. It sounds like the company went out of their way to make good.

I personally hate the thought of getting rid of our Little Guy, but we decided for ourselves it was time to move back up to something slightly bigger. Our purchase of a 1988 16' has been full of trials and tribulations, but there appears to be light at the end of the tunnel.

Anyways....... Don't count out the Little Guys or the Eggcamper tear just yet. Take the time to look at them up close. In the end you may decide you really want a full size "egg" anyways.

If not......(shameless plug here)...... check out my 04' Little guy in the for sale section.
DanPatWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:56 PM   #3

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Look at the following site for A new line of "Non Molded Fiberglass Teardrops.
http://www.golittleguy.com/cms/photo-gallery/23.html
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
My wife and I visited the Egg Camper factory about two weeks ago. Even though we were mainly interested in the Egg Camper but we did take a look at their teardrop. Their teardrop is molded fiberglass and constructed just like their Egg Camper. Their teardrop appears to be much larger than most teardrops. I would guess it had at least five ft. of head room. They sell it as a empty shell but they did have one on their lot which had been finished off. It had a side door with a walkway across the trailer with a bed/bench seat on either side of the walkway. The back hatch has deep water channels on three sides for good drainage. It should be a very dry trailer. If you are handy at all you could make a very nice custom trailer and the Egg people will sell you any accessories you may want to add yourself. What the heck, throw a carpet on the floor and a sleep sofa in the back (I'm sure one would fit.) and you have an instant camper more versitile than most teardrops. It's very well constructed, It's molded fiberglass, but it is a blank slate. Even though it looks like a tear drop I believe it is the most inexpensive way to get into a new MFG camper.
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #5

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Eddie,

What was their price on one of those?
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:58 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Can't remember exact the price, I was looking at the Egg 17 Campers (That was two weeks ago.) I know it was under $5K . You can get the phone number from the Egg Camper website and give them a call tomorrow. They are very nice people to deal with but so are the people at Scamp. I also went to the Scamp factory to have an axel swap on my 82 13' Scamp on my recent trip.
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:43 PM   #7

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
Quote:
Eddie,

What was their price on one of those?

When I checked with them -- really nice people to work with btw -- the teardropp was just under 5K.

Here's a link to a past discussion on this board: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...mp;hl=teardropp

Bonnie
Old 10-05-2007, 12:31 PM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I got an email from Eggcamper regarding the teardrops with this concerning price: (Teardropps as a utility trailer start at $3990.
With rv door egress window $4900.
As pictured in the flyer about $6500.
Call me with questions 616-437-9255,
Thanks
Jim
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper