What size and make do you recommend? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #41

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
I actually contacted all the Provincial and Territorial Departments of Transport across Canada to ask about travelling with the propane on. Every last one said it was no problem to have it on while driving, other than at places that specifically post to turn it off, like ferries and some tunnels.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #42

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
Sooo... Running on LP is mostly legal except for certain points which may make it legal, but kind of a PITA.

With our big trailer I run the fridge on 12V while traveling and switch to shorepower once we set up. Prior to that (older trailer didn't have a battery) I did the frozen bottle thing. Worked fine for up to 6 hours or so as long as a pre-cooled the fridge at home and loaded it full of already cold stuff. Depending on the timing of your menu - some other items can be frozen too. My wife and I used to freeze Cornish Game Hens and then take them backpacking in just a small (flexable, not very good) cooler. By the time they thawed out we'd be ready to grill them.
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:15 AM   #43

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I actually contacted all the Provincial and Territorial Departments of Transport across Canada
Thanks for doing that research Jim.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:31 PM   #44

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Thanks for doing that research Jim.
No problem, Dave. I actually did it a couple years ago, when the debate came up on the Escape forum, and posted a few of the responses there.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:28 PM   #45

Name: Denny
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Michigan
It's been a few weeks but I just saw the thread.

We have a LilSnoozy and are doing just what you propose. Check out www.wanderingourway.wordpress.com for more details than you could possibly want to read.

We live in Marine City, MI, an hour N of Windsor. You would be welcome to check out the trailer anytime after we get home, mid-May(ish).

You can PM me or contact through the blog if you want to visit.
MCDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #46

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1980Trillium 1300
Ontario
For a couple of retirees who love camping????? Without mortgage and kids to raise, IMO a brand new 13 footer, F.G would be the best, no matter what made and no need of...washroom either...Economy, convenience, last a long time and best for....resale also. Just my thought...
Thinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:38 PM   #47

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
We have been blessed to have had a couple different floor plans of 13' Scamps, over 25 yrs, with & without kids. The last couple of summers we have been able to stay 60 days/nights in it, and are now going to retire this summer. This extended usage has lead us to wanting a comfortable place to sit when another is sleeping, and after experiencing a couple horrific toilet/showers in various campgrounds, a bathroom/shower became a must for Paula. We now have a Lil Snoozy on order to be picked up July 1st.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco