Eco-Friendly Electic Bike/Scooter - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-28-2015, 07:43 AM   #1

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
Eco-Friendly Electic Bike/Scooter

Interested in a scooter type bike, but not another gas engine to look after? Check out this post & video I made reviewing my new Jetson Electric Bike.

Wincrasher's Travels: Jetson Electric Bike/Scooter
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - https://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:44 AM   #2

Name: Zac & Cathy
Trailer: Burro & 2006 21ft. BigFoot
California
Registry
Thanks for sharing, this looks like a lot of fun
Cathy
Avey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:25 PM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
It looks really nice. Actually the electric mountain bike you mention in the blog piques my curiosity even more... what kind do you have and what's the price tag like on them?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:30 PM   #4

South Carolina
This is the one I have: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It has amazing range and some neat features.

But if you peruse the ones available on Amazon, e-bikes are anywheres from $600 to over $10,000! One I'd really like to have is the Stromer ST2. It's around $7,000. Hard to justify.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:47 PM   #5

Name: Kenji
Trailer: Scamp
Arizona
Registry
Thanks for sharing your Jetson scooter! I always love to see more exposure for electric vehicles. I absolutely love electric vehicles myself, and have built / bought quite a few.

For those who don't mind standing, the ecoreco folding electric scooter is the absolute best on the market.

Check it out here;
EcoReco Electric Scooter : State-of-Art Last Mile Electric Vehicle

They offer a M3 and an M5 model. The M5 has rear suspension as well as the front.
These scooters are right at the maximum lithium limit for aircraft carry on, but not past it. This means you can bring it right onto a plane with you!

These are based off of a model called "Patgear" in other countries. The only difference with them is that the models in other countries have regenerative braking. You could change the speed control to one with regen for about $40 because of this.

For it's size and weight, you won't find a scooter on the market with higher quality power or range. If you have any questions about them let me know!
KenjiFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:54 PM   #6

South Carolina
I came really close to buying one of these:

Super Cycles & Scooters

But what made me pause was that they said they were not street legal, and you could not use them on any sidewalks either. So you were pretty much regulated to staying inside the resorts/rv park.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:06 PM   #7

Name: Kenji
Trailer: Scamp
Arizona
Registry
Yes, that style of scooter is not a bicycle (like yours is) and so it is considered not to be legal on paper. However in practice I have never had any issue with them. Even in NYC they don't bother you on that type of scooter when it is electric.

Here in MI I have had all sorts of scooters including homebuilt chainsaw engine powered ones (That were no quieter either!) and ultra high power (10KW) brushless ones. Zipped right past the police and they never flinched.

On a quiet electric scooter tooling about, you will likely never find too much trouble.
Some places are specifically picky, but I think those places are quite rare.

Some places are more picky about the bicycle style! Phoenix AZ for example will give you crap if you go even one MPH faster than the bicycle limit of 20. They don't like your style scooter there because the truth is, everyone could be riding one. The weather permits it all year. I think that idea frightens the local government there.

Funny thing is, they don't blink when I zip by at 25 on a folding scooter. (I did so on a modified GoMotorboard, which you could think of as the original ecoreco.)
KenjiFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco