Casita Easy Water Tank Fill - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2020, 12:28 PM   #1

Name: Dick
Trailer: '15 17' LD Casita and '17 Tahoe LT
Texas
Casita Easy Water Tank Fill

Casita LD Water Tank Fill Valve

Replace the oem cap on tank drain line with a on/off ball valve and block off plug. Open the valve and connect water hose and turn on water faucet. Tank will fill and run out the oem fill cap when full. No burping or gurgling. Shut the ball valve, disconnect water hose and plug valve and your are done. Maybe 3/4 minutes.

Should work on any rv tank where you have easy access to the fresh water tank drain valve.

Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0843.jpg   DSC_0844.jpg  

DSC_0845.jpg   DSC_0846.jpg  

DSC_0847.jpg  
dmad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 12:40 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
A handy mod that has been done by countless other members over the years. But functionality never goes out of style. Much better than "fighting" the air trying to escape out the fill port while attempting to fill the tank from the top.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 12:54 PM   #3

Texas
Right. Installed it about 2 yrs. ago but kept putting off posting pics. I had a 32' that took forever to fill. It would burp and gurgle, belch water on you and still wouldn't be full. That's for the feed back. dm
Old 08-22-2020, 09:02 AM   #4

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe 2008
Could you tell me the dimensions of the elbow from the Casita drain valve to the accessory valve?
Michael J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 09:58 AM   #5

Name: Laura
Trailer: Casita
Wisconsin
Leave valve assembly attached?

And you leave the valve assembly attached? And it isn’t damaged while traveling? Doesn’t it hang down into dangerous territory? Susceptible to damage from rutted roads, stones, etc?
lmhesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 12:17 PM   #6

Texas
Michael I think it is 1/2 inch. I didn't change any thing. I took the factory cap with me to Home Depot and they picked out the ball valve and elbow I would need and a cap to plug the end of it to keep dirt out. Maybe $5 or so.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:18 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Look carefully and you should see an overflow port or tube that lets the air out while filling, and to prevent pressure build up.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 12:28 PM   #8

Texas
Imhesse- I doesn't stick down much lower than the oem, if any. Just what adding the elbow added to it. Maybe 1//2". I don't think there is any more chance of dammage than the oem one. You determine the angle you want it to exit. I have mine at about 45 degrees. You can run it out the side at 90 degrees if you want or straight out the back but it would make it harder to connect a water line because it would be tucked up under the bumper. It is an easy10 minute install even as slow as I am. Just take off the oem cap and screw on the elbow and valve and plug it off. The hardest part for me was getting down and up again off the ground. Oh, I think I also used some teflon tape to keep it from leaking.
Old 08-29-2020, 10:37 AM   #9

Name: Bob & Jackie
Trailer: 13' Scamp, 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe
Arizona
Water Fill

Just a picture of ours on a 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0987.jpg  
Bob & Jackie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:18 PM   #10

Name: Nancy
Trailer: 2019 Casita 17’ Spirit Deluxe
North Carolina
Easy Casita Water Fill

Hmmm. To fill my 2019 Casita water tank, I have one of those hose end fittings that has about a 1/2” diameter, 6” clear tube attached. This is a commonly available item. If you drape the hose up over the spare tire and insert the plastic tube well into the fill opening on the back of the trailer there is no issue in filling the tank. So basically I see no point in the ball valve mod at the drain valve. Now if someone can tell me an easy peasy way to fill the fresh water tank when you have to carry jugs of water, in other words, no hose and/or faucet available to hook up to, I’m all ears! My current method is to stack three plastic storage boxes full of my other gear and put my water jug on top of it and use a jiggler to start the flow. I used to just suck the end of a length of clear plastic tubing but I stepped up my game to a jiggler. Ha! The water jug has to be above the fill opening for this gravity fed system to work.
Skyedog in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 03:32 PM   #11

Name: Steven
New York
I just bought a funnel with flexible tube - shouldn't have a problem now.
Sturdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 04:42 PM   #12

Texas
I also carry a 25 gallon plastic tank from Tractor Supply with a 12 volt pump mounted to it. It can be connected to the city water inlet with a hose and pumped to the trailer or pumped directly into your tank water fill inlet. Easy to take it with you torefill at a water station of some sort and store it until needed if boondocking. Much easier to use than the 6 gal. water cans at my age.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:30 AM   #13

Name: Steven
New York
That is a great idea especially for boondocking. I haul with a Ford Explorer though, with two dogs and other "stuff" I don't think I have room. Next vehicle though!!
Sturdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:43 AM   #14

Name: Nancy
Trailer: 2019 Casita 17’ Spirit Deluxe
North Carolina
Sounds like you have a good solution. Maybe I’ll try your method. What the heck it is only two more items to haul around!!! ����
Skyedog in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 11:16 AM   #15

Texas
Not sure if the tanks from Tractor Supply are certified for drinking water but I santize it before every trip and basically just use it for bathing and dishes. We carry drinking water in jugs. Just have to gauge use vs. holding/black tank capacity.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:32 AM   #16

Name: todd
Trailer: Casita liberty deluxe 17
New York
What I have done

I purchased a separate pump and made up a lead to attach to the casita battery,
I put the pump on some wood that could be secured to the bumper. I would fill up the five gallon water jug and pump it in.

I do like the mod to the bottom of the water tank for my other camper
tmaken2157 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita