ON 2019, Sept. 13-15: Niagara Wine Escape 2019 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2019, 05:07 PM   #21

Name: Al
Trailer: Trillium
California
I think most of them cross near Niagara Falls.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:33 PM   #22

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (was 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan.nentrup View Post
Curious on where you cross the border at...if we come it would be from Indiana!
We always crossed at the Peace bridge when we come up from GA, the southernmost crossing. Easy route to the campground.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:56 PM   #23

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
I’ve crossed at Sarnia, Detroit/ Windsor and at the crossing closest to the campground coming out of New York State. Distance from Fort Wayne is about the same. A few times we camped in Ontario so came in from Michigan. Crossing through Canada gasoline is more expensive but no tolls
Except the bridge at Sarnia, Ontario. Slower
Speed limits and gasoline is higher. Pretty country though with some great old houses, interesting agriculture, and nice parks.
Coming through Ohio, Penna., and NY, tolls, and some heavy traffic at times. Which you get in Ontario too. We are staying low in the states this year. See you there
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:15 AM   #24

Name: David
Trailer: 2010 Escape 15A
Pennsylvania
We had a great time last year and hope to make it this year...

Alf, Dave and the rest of the gang,

Jon and I hope to make it to the gathering again this year; we need to firm up our plans.

We've got great things for the tarp, though. Probably some stabilizer jacks, etc. I'll pile things into the back of our truck.

Concerning border crossings, there is an Android app called "Niagara Border Crossing" that lists times at three bridges both into Canada or into the US. Maybe iphone has an app too, I don't know.

As of this minute:

To the United States
Peace bridge 32 minutes
Lewiston-Queenston Bridge 13 minutes
Rainbow bridge no delay

To Canada
No delay at any of the 3 bridges.

The app can be a real time saver. By using it, I can be at the beer/wine swap several minutes earlier!

Best regards to everyone, and we should see you in September.

David Anderson
Pittsburgh, PA
DavidGlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:47 PM   #25

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: DavidGlen... Thanks for the crossing info. Be glad to see you both again this year. Hope you got it "Firmed up"!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:09 PM   #26

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: Jon Vermilye... It'll be great to see you again. Will you act as official photog again. If you have any elegant interesting stuff to swap bring it too. Iowa Dave will man the true blue swap tarp again this year.
As usual, I'll put together a page of photos. As the the blue tarp, I have a bunch of stuff, bot free & for sale.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #27

Iowa
FREE Tarp

I’ll bring the tarp ( and no you can’t have it) and a few things I’ve accumulated. Having this tarp and one a few weeks later at the Mississippi River Rendezvous has done a pretty good job of helping me clean up the extras and doubles.
Last year’s offerings were great with a very nice, lightly used and large camper mat, a new in in the box porta potti, a fishing pole, and lots of other miscellaneous camper stuff. I love the questioning look and following comment “ You mean this is free?” .
Attached Thumbnails
7C98A62A-B12A-4E2C-AC41-5C780889F3B5.jpg   6A563574-D6C8-4D20-967D-C4B123DEFFE2.jpg  

Old 07-04-2019, 10:48 AM   #28

Name: Mary & Jim G
Trailer: Escape 23
Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
It’s a giveaway or swap tarp, I fear there might not be enough good stuff on the tarp to swap for your 13 UHaul straight up. Better ask for some boot. Just Kidding. Last year there were some real nice finds. A large camper mat, a brand new portable potty, a fishing rod and reel, and other good stuff. It works because many of us just end up with stuff we thought we would use but don’t and the matrimonial pressure gets greater than an aging grip. If I could write a song it would be “Lament of the Hoarder”!
Looking forward to the tarp again this year.
Iowa Dave
We just picked up our new Escape 19’ on 6/19/19, and drove it back to Iowa. We would like to connect with other Escapees and attend a rally or two. Do any places still have availability? Thank you.
GILLMOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 08:31 AM   #29

Iowa
Depending on you work status , Honey dew status ( and I’m not talking about melons) and you willingness to burn gasoline, there are a considerable number of rallies in the fall all over the place. One popular rally is the Mississippi River Rendezvous At Thompson Causeway just north of Fulton Illinois. It’s the last week in September, additional Alf’s Wine Escape. In Niagara Falls is good as well as some in Tennessee and north Carolina in sept and October. There is a good listing under the Rallies section on this site and also on the Escape owners site. Though the central gathering point and closebynsites might be full, it’s rare that you cannot find a place toncamp in another loop. Reservations are a good idea to guarantee this. It’s just personal with me but I do not attend any rallies that are not open to all brands of trailers. Too much exclusivity and lack of diversity exists in this world already. If they don’t want me, I most certainly am not interested in them. In addition, you can sometimes book a site that is not right in the main loop and then upon arrival or during the rally check with the camp host and find a cancellation or an early “ moves out” if you’re amenable to moving and want to be closer to the “ action” which means old geezers setting around in lawn chairs. Hope to see you at the Wine Escape, Mississippi, Cherokee or Davey Crockett yet this fall.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-05-2019, 09:04 AM   #30

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
And, if you want to get away from winter, one of my favorites is the Quartzsite rally at Dome Rock in February. Last Year's Rally.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:20 PM   #31

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
I just looked at the calendar. Realizing the meet spans Friday the 13th. Which happens to be the motorcycle rally in Port Dover.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday...torcycle_rally

Expect a few more motorcycles than normal running up and down the road.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:11 PM   #32

Name: Leon
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Ontario
First Timers

Hey there. We've booked site 64 and will be coming from Kitchener with our '74 Trillium 1300. Looking forward to it! Maryse & Leon.
leonachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:08 PM   #33

Name: Ashley
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Niagara

Hello, Dave and I (Ashley)(Felix puppy) have booked site 75. We have a Boler 76 which we took to Bolerama this past weekend for our very first camping trip ever !

After making some very rookie mistakes :- forgot to pack the food in the cooler, no lighter, didn't bring wood for the jacks. Let's just say that we now have a list. BUT we did have an awesome time, met some fabulous people, got some great advise and camping tips.

We can't wait for the next adventurer !
Ashley Lakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:58 PM   #34

Iowa
Lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Lakefield View Post
Hello, Dave and I (Ashley)(Felix puppy) have booked site 75. We have a Boler 76 which we took to Bolerama this past weekend for our very first camping trip ever !

After making some very rookie mistakes :- forgot to pack the food in the cooler, no lighter, didn't bring wood for the jacks. Let's just say that we now have a list. BUT we did have an awesome time, met some fabulous people, got some great advise and camping tips

We can't wait for the next adventurer !
Though your list is long
And your experience strong
You can still forget the milk and the laundry
baskets, how do I know this and
how does this happen when they are on “the list”
It’s a mystery to me.
Looking forward to meeting you at Niagara Falls,.
If you forget something, ask around, somebody there has a spare.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:11 AM   #35

Name: kev & Monica
Trailer: Trllium
Ontario
Hi ALF
This Kevin & Monica we are planning on attending this year . I wanted to ask you if I could do a bit of an interview with you for my You Tube channel at the meet .I plan on doing a video again this year.Really looking forward this year as We are both Retired . We plan on arriving Early Thursday look forward to the meet .
supermankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 09:51 AM   #36

California
Hi Alf!

Andrea and I will be coming this year again provided they still have room for us. Going to call them once I'm done here.

Al
Old 08-17-2019, 09:55 AM   #37

California
Alf we're good!
Old 08-17-2019, 11:16 AM   #38

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermankev View Post
Hi ALF
This Kevin & Monica we are planning on attending this year . I wanted to ask you if I could do a bit of an interview with you for my You Tube channel at the meet .I plan on doing a video again this year.Really looking forward this year as We are both Retired . We plan on arriving Early Thursday look forward to the meet .
Hi: supermankev... That'll be a first. Just when I thought it was the end... it's the first!!!
Old 08-17-2019, 11:19 AM   #39

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty61 View Post
Alf we're good!
Hi: scotty61... Good recovery!!!
Old 08-17-2019, 11:35 AM   #40

Iowa
Hi Alf
Will you autograph a build sheet ...err piece of paper, for me now that you’re going to be an Escape luminary? Are you going to bring some paintings of your campers? Oh not that kind of artist?. Huh
Iowa Dave

Tags
escape