1998 Burro Front Window - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2019, 07:49 PM   #1

Name: Jim
Trailer: 1998 14' Burro WB
Illinois
1998 Burro Front Window

I am just finishing my 1998 Wide Body Burro rebuild. In fact I am down to putting the trim on for covering the screws on the front window.

The problem I have is I can't find anywhere to buy a new cover. I thought it was the same as the door but is does not fit. I bought a flexible vinyl for the door trim and it seems to work fine on the door but not the window. I will know better after towing it down the road at 60 mph.

Does any one know where to find the trim piece to cover the screws for the front window. I remember it being a hard plastic strip. Mine came out in pieces. Hard to believe aft 4 years of working on this is it coming down to this trim piece to get it outside.

Thanks
Old 01-19-2019, 06:07 AM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16
North Carolina
They do make different widths in the vinyl trim inserts. A search on ebay should lead you to the size you need. Here are a few 1/2" ones: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...LH_TitleDesc=0
SteveV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:54 AM   #3

Name: Jim
Trailer: 1998 14' Burro WB
Illinois
The top one is the one I have for around the door and it works fine there. The front window has a deeper channel and the screw heads interfere with the shallow molding. The pan heads are tall enough to not allow the molding to settle firmly in the groove.

The door and the window are both 1/2 inch. I found a short piece of the old hard plastic trim molding and it is more u shaped with ribs on the outside of the legs and they grip the inside of the channel. I am looking for more of that type molding.

I have to work today but when I get home I will try to get a picture of the channel profile and the old trim molding piece.

Thanks for taking the time to look those up o n ebay.

Tags
burro