Video on Oliver trailers and why they are what they are - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2019, 02:29 PM   #21

Name: Bill
Trailer: Oliver
North Carolina
John,

Congrats on your Black Series HQ19. Looks very rugged and really like the suspension.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:36 PM   #22

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperBill View Post
John,

Congrats on your Black Series HQ19. Looks very rugged and really like the suspension.
Thanks Bill! The suspension was the first thing that drew me to them. Then I spotted the usefulness of the layout and features and I was hooked. So was Liye, so I didn't have to talk her into it.

I may get thrown out of here for the heresy of going non-molded fiberglass. Hope not!

BTW, we'll just keep calling the new trailer "Ollie". Then when we go to the Oliver Rally, nobody will notice.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:50 PM   #23

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspy View Post
Thanks Bill! The suspension was the first thing that drew me to them. Then I spotted the usefulness of the layout and features and I was hooked. So was Liye, so I didn't have to talk her into it.

I may get thrown out of here for the heresy of going non-molded fiberglass. Hope not!

BTW, we'll just keep calling the new trailer "Ollie". Then when we go to the Oliver Rally, nobody will notice.
John,

Very nice. By the way, does the Mrs. know about the new H1 Hummer that you are going to "need" to go with the new trailer?

Also, your defection to the dark side is very important to us. All of our forum members are very busy right now. Please stay logged in and someone will perform your banishment just as soon as we possibly can.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:15 PM   #24

Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
John,

Mike,

Very nice. By the way, does the Mrs. know about the new H1 Hummer that you are going to "need" to go with the new trailer?

Also, your defection to the dark side is very important to us. All of our forum members are very busy right now. Please stay logged in and someone will perform your banishment just as soon as we possibly can.

I think you may be refering to the new Ram Rebel, Quad Cab, Hemi in Delmonico Red with the Level 2 equipment group. 3.92 gears, HD 8 speed torque flight, LED headlights, and six lug wheels. 33 gallon fuel tank, 9.75 rear differential, maximum cooling with trailer tow package and 6' bed. And rear Airlift air bags. But, of course, without the E-Torque or air suspension.

Just a guess, and no, she doesn't. But she did get a hint when I was talking the advantages of the Quad Cab, over the standard cab we have now.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:25 PM   #25

Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperBill View Post

We enjoy camping in Ollie with our next long trip planned to eastern CA.
Bill,

If you plan to go through N Nevada, around the Minden/Gardnerville area, stop by. We have full hookups and plenty of room. A nice route might be to take HWY 50 in Nevada and see the quiet openness of it. Also, the Nevada Northern train Museum in Ely, is a great stop.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:45 PM   #26

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
Quote:
I expect we'll even attend the next rally! None of this has anything to do with Oliver being a poor design. Not at all! We just want something for more extreme conditions involving many miles of off-road use. The Black Series also has an outdoor kitchen that Liye went crazy over. She prepares a lot of dishes to share and it will suit her perfectly.

I love my Oliver, but it is not designed to go off road, or explore Jeep trails, in the vast western desert.
Hope you’re at the next rally so we can see the new rig!
2016 Oliver Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:26 PM   #27

Name: Bill
Trailer: Oliver
North Carolina
Quote:
Bill,

If you plan to go through N Nevada, around the Minden/Gardnerville area, stop by. We have full hookups and plenty of room. A nice route might be to take HWY 50 in Nevada and see the quiet openness of it. Also, the Nevada Northern train Museum in Ely, is a great stop.

John,

We enjoyed camping at Valley of Fire SP NV last October. We're all about camping & exploring. Probably be camping in NV later this year, will get in touch. Looking forward to seeing the HQ19.

Thanks,

Valley of Fire SP NV
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3663.jpg  
Old 06-13-2019, 07:07 AM   #28

Name: Steve
Trailer: Escape 15A
Minnesota
Registry
I had never heard of Black Series before. Looks interesting - if they can survive the outback they should be able to handle the US pretty well.
Steve Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver