Trofast and boler closet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2020, 02:42 PM   #1

Name: Sheila
Trailer: boler
North Vancouver
Trofast and boler closet

Hi,

The closet opening is a little too small to push in this already assembled closet organizer. Does anyone have instructions of how to install? I saw a post from 2012 that someone did install but there were no instructions just a reference to spacers used once it was inside.
Thanks!
Ste11a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:12 PM   #2

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Do you have a picture of which parts of the organizer you have? I think they just made something to go on the inside so they would sit and slide on some pieces of wood installed inside.
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 11:53 AM   #3

North Vancouver
trofast and boler closet

Here is what I have purchased. Does anyone have instructions of how to install? I cannot get it through opening but there is ample room once in so I will need to dismantle. Just wondering if any member went through this too.
Thanks./
Attached Thumbnails
trofast.jpg  
Old 04-11-2020, 01:03 PM   #4

Name: mensie
Alberta
I installed the Trofast in our boler closet. I had to assemble it inside the closet which was a pain in the ass.

Depends on what year yours is you might have a 1.5" lip around the perimeter of your closet so that limits the working space inside the closet. I wanted to put one in our Trillium but it did not work.

Our boler is a '71 so it did not have the lip around the closet perimeter. but I was able to put one together inside the closet.
mensie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 01:32 PM   #5

North Vancouver
trofast and boler closet

Yes it does have the lip around the front....circa 1976. Hopefully someone has ideas
Old 04-11-2020, 01:40 PM   #6

Name: mensie
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste11a View Post
Yes it does have the lip around the front....circa 1976. Hopefully someone has ideas
And come to think of it with that lip around the door we could not pull a bin out.

So the only option you can do is cut the lip around closet out or install shelves with bins that fit through the opening.
mensie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 02:03 PM   #7

North Vancouver
trofast and boler closet

The bins do clear the edging around the opening
Old 04-11-2020, 08:07 PM   #8

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
My Trillium closet has wide flanges at the door so I just built shelves instead. I first installed the side pieces, then cut the shelves to fit. The side pieces and shelves are NOT attached to the fiberglass body of the closet, they are just attached to themselves.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 09:10 AM   #9

North Vancouver
trofast and boler closet

I think that is what I will do. what did you use to stop it from moving around or banging against the walls of the closet?
Old 04-25-2020, 11:56 PM   #10

Name: Al
Trailer: 1969 Boler 13'
Alberta
I started this today actually...ran both sides through a thickness planer removing 3mm from each side. Made mine a slip fit. Will be adding a back and some structure to mount it flush with the cabinet front.

Al
Gippeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 07:57 AM   #11

Name: Nicolas
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Almonte, Ontario
I used the Trofast bins and built a frame that fit into the closet which was screwed together easily since everything was assembled in the free space. Used U-channel for the bin sliders. I’ll send pictures and the assembly plans when I get a chance since my Boler and I are separated due to delayed retrieval from storage.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:04 AM   #12

North Vancouver
trofast and boler closet

That would be great. Thanks
Old 04-26-2020, 03:50 PM   #13

Almonte, Ontario
Step one: the joggle stick curve copier

Hi, here is step one in the cupboard remodel: the joggle stick curve copier.

There should be an attachment on here that explains how to create a boat builder's joggle stick curve copier. It works for pretty well copying any odd shaped area (closets, flooring, boat hulls, FG closets, etc.) This will get you going on the creation and fitting of the side walls.

I'll send you the rest of the instructions in a day or two when I can get to the files stored with the Boler. I'll also send some photos of the set-up.

Hope this works for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FGRV Joggle stick article.pdf (281.8 KB, 26 views)
Old 04-27-2020, 02:15 PM   #14

Almonte, Ontario
Step two: the parts and assembly instructions

Here is an assembly list of the wood and rails needed to put together a cupboard to hold Trofast bins. Let me know if the attachment came with this, pls.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:08 PM   #15

North Vancouver
trofast and boler closet

Hello,
It does look as though an attachment arrived.
Thanks!
Old 04-29-2020, 12:10 AM   #16

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensie View Post
And come to think of it with that lip around the door we could not pull a bin out.

So the only option you can do is cut the lip around closet out or install shelves with bins that fit through the opening.
The flange...ie lip around the closet door opening keeps the closet walls from bowing out of shape. Do not cut it off it is an essential part of the structure in terms of engineered strength for the walls of the closet. As the closet helps support the roof if you weaken the closet wall you then will not just have a bowed closet wall your roof will also want to sag. That flange is there for a reason beyond just being a surface for the door to close against.

Please be very careful about what you suggest people do to their travel trailers unless you have thought through all of the consequences that can happen even for what seems like such an easy and minor change to make.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:03 AM   #17

Almonte, Ontario
That is the reason why I built my own Trofast bin closet from scratch. An organiser that went in without doing anything structural. I've been lucky so far in that my Boler has minimal sag, however, I live in fear of weakening the structural integrity.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:34 AM   #18

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
+1000 that flange can be a PITA but it significantly strengthens the closet to support the roof.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler