Escape 19 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2014, 01:08 PM   #1

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Smile Escape 19

Put my order for one in today's mail. Completion date is Feb 19. I won't pick it up until probably April or whenever winter is over or mostly over in British Columbia. Fortunately they will store it until I can get there. At that time my 2011 EggCamper will be for sale. I'd sell it sooner but I'm going to need it for winter in the south. I'm kinda excited about it. Glad I was able to see two 19s at the Quartzsite ,AZ winter rally.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #2

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Color me green with envy. I have not seen one in person but looking at one on the website it looks ideal (for my uses). I will probably never own one, as cheap as I am I will probably keep my old Scamp 16 forever, or until my daughter pries it away. She has already called dibs on it and she is only 10. That would be just great, for me to retire and come full circle back to camping in the back of my truck under a camper shell.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:25 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Put my order for one in today's mail. Completion date is Feb 19. I won't pick it up until probably April or whenever winter is over or mostly over in British Columbia. Fortunately they will store it until I can get there. At that time my 2011 EggCamper will be for sale. I'd sell it sooner but I'm going to need it for winter in the south. I'm kinda excited about it. Glad I was able to see two 19s at the Quartzsite ,AZ winter rally.
rgrugg... Congraduations. I'm sure you'll love it. Are you going to be at the Algonac Egg Scramble in Sept? We will have our new 2014 Escape 5.0TA there.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1030713.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:27 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Good for you!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Bob,
Congrats on the Escape, have you joined the Escape forum Escape Trailer Owners Community
a lot of good suggestions on options. Also there will be at least 2 Escapes at Algonac, Alf's new 5.0 Tandem and my new 21' Escape. Once you see one of these you may get the "2 foot itis itch", I'm an ex- Escape 19 owner myself.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:03 AM   #6

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I definitely will be in Algonac. I've been there since the beginning and will continue. However, I will not get "two footitis". My reason for the 19 is more about the adult sleeping size dinette than the extra space, though that will certainly be enjoyed. I will not get either of the two larger Escapes because I want/need to have my truck bed enclosed and lockable. As for the 21, no because I do not like corner beds as that one has. I likely won't get my 19 until after Memorial Day because my elder son wants to go along and he won't be free until then. Besides, it's a LONG way to Chilliwack and don't care to make the drive alone. I'll have to find something to keep my mind occupied until I can go get it. I plan to make that trip into a short vacation as long as i'll be going that far.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:23 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
I definitely will be in Algonac. I've been there since the beginning and will continue. However, I will not get "two footitis". My reason for the 19 is more about the adult sleeping size dinette than the extra space, though that will certainly be enjoyed. I will not get either of the two larger Escapes because I want/need to have my truck bed enclosed and lockable. As for the 21, no because I do not like corner beds as that one has. I likely won't get my 19 until after Memorial Day because my elder son wants to go along and he won't be free until then. Besides, it's a LONG way to Chilliwack and don't care to make the drive alone. I'll have to find something to keep my mind occupied until I can go get it. I plan to make that trip into a short vacation as long as i'll be going that far.
Hi: rgrugg...We'll look forward to meeting you at Algonac even though you won't have "Two footitis"
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:11 AM   #8

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
To my eye the 19 is the perfect size, not too big and not too small.It has a nice sized bed in the back and a convenient dinette up front you don’t have to be a contortionist to sit down in. Also, and this may not matter to some, I like a rig less than 20 feet in length. I have found that a lot of campgrounds, at least down here in Florida, have a mix of campsite sizes and configurations. Some of the nicest, again at least to my eye, are the sites restricted to “20 foot maximum”. They are usually remote and well shaded, back in only, and not looking at the backside of a behemoth motorhome or 5th wheel with a gazillion slide outs hanging over in your site/face and you have to trip over their satellite dish and little yapping dog coming and going. If anybody who owns an Escape 19 gets a bad case of “two-footitis” and they would rather just leave their 19 down here in Florida instead of dragging it back North to sell please let me know and I will help you out.

I should mention only a couple of negatives to the 19 though. It is of course heavier than a 16 or 17, and you are dragging another axle/wheels/tires. But that is the price to pay for the larger size but just a couple of reasons (other than cost and availability) while I personally probably end up with a 17 footer of some description (Casita).
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:01 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Congratulations on your Escape 19
Our's will be ready in November.
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #10

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Congratulations Bob! I suspect you will be VERY happy with your choose!

You don't need to worry to much about the winter weather in BC - in particular the location of the Escape factory. The south/west region of BC is not know to get a great deal of snow in winter. The cherry trees are often starting to bloom by mid Feb and all finished in early March. I am located north of Escape and had less than 3" of snow over the whole of last winter (that was the total over 2 different snow falls) which lasted all of 24 hours on the ground. Thats pretty common. Thats not to say that every once in awhile we do not get a winter where we get a pretty good dump of snow of a 1' or more but again its not the norm (about every 4 years or so) & more often than not its all washed away in a day or two.

Suspect your departure date to pick up your new trailer will be more impacted with the weather in Michigan & southern states you pass though than it will be about the south west BC's weather.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:45 AM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Alright Bob! If you work your pickup date... you may be here to attend the Escape Rally next year. That is, if Reace and Tammy hold another one. If so, I'm goin'! Hope to meet you.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:21 AM   #12

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
That is right Bob, the rally is normally the first weekend in June. If you go out in May, you can see the nice area and then stop at Osoyoos, BC on your way back. It is not too far from Chilliwack. Also your warranty does not start until your pick up date. Now, start working on that build sheet and start asking questions.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:02 AM   #13

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Going from a 16 to 19 should be a sure cure for two foot itis, it contains an extra foot for preventative measures.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:32 PM   #14

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Uh-oh. If I go from a 16 to a 13 (3 feet less), I might get 3-foot-itis!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #15

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
The 16-19 phenomena has different names in the USA and Canada, yard-itis vs meter-itis. The good news is for us Canadians is the border protects us from getting full blown meter-itis. Sub-clinical yes, but full blown, no.
That might have something to do with our health system.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape