1987 Cadet Window Seals Needed n126d - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2022, 10:26 AM   #1
dgb

Name: Doreen
Trailer: Cadet n126d
Tennessee
Registry
Question 1987 Cadet Window Seals Needed n126d

I'm fixing up my 1987 Cadet, and I need new seals for the fixed side windows.
I found some in Europe, but shipping is pretty high.
I also found some of them with photos showing measurements, but they're in metrics.
Has anyone bought window seals for these in the US, that could give me a website to go to? I know there are MANY seal sellers, but I need to make sure i get the exact right size for this camper. It is a n126d.

Also, I just learned from reading forum posts, that this is called a Taurus Cadet. I did not know about the Taurus part of the name. I hadn't seen that anywhere before, and it's not on my original brochure. Any posted history on that, that I could read?
dgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 01:23 AM   #2

Trailer: 84 Burro 13 ft
Doreen,
My window seals arrived early. I cut off about a 1/2 inch section and took it out to see if it would fit. I don't know if the current seals are original. The fit was a perfect match to the old seals. I did not order new lock strips since mine are in good shape. You may have to order those separately if you need them.
So I found them on Amazon (which I hate). They are made by Trim-Lok, item #ALK1179-25. I did not like paying $15 for the tool but I can' t get them on without it. Good luck with this project, it will go easier if you have a helper.

Also I checked out your u-tube project. I also made a front window screen and after many tries got it done. I made the screen to attach to the front window seal then I used Dollar store velcro which I cut length wise in half and attached with Superglue double stick tape also cut in half (to reduce weight), I should have used staples at the corners. It withstood the October heat so I think I am done.
Rusty
Rusty01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 06:23 AM   #3
dgb

Tennessee
Registry
Thank you so much!! I will place my order today.
Did you replace the screws on your awning rail? I was going to replace all of them with stainless steel screws, but someone told me that since they're not leaking, I should leave them alone because they break off a lot when you're trying to get them out.
Old 04-10-2022, 06:24 AM   #4
dgb

Tennessee
Registry
What tool are you talking about that you paid $15 for? Are you talking about the tool for the insert, or for the seal itself?

Tags
cadet