An Amerigo Flamingo? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2017, 02:48 AM   #21

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Interesting question, is it really an amerigo? Or a knock-off?
I am certain that it is an Amerigo. I have the State of Utah registration certificate from April 1997. Even includes the licence plate number and how much the trailer was worth. A whole $510, hah!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6127.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	114575

Blocked is the vin #. I don't know if sharing it online is a good idea or not so I blocked it out. If it is alright, I'll take pictures of the slips of paper and provide some digital documentation.

Which looking it all over... The title of this trailer is also from Utah. You'd think one of the previous owners would've shown this slip when they were registering for a title so it would've pointed towards it not being a flamingo. Since the previous owner that I bought this from was going to turn it into a food trailer, this might have been where it came from. With the holidays here and me working retail, I'm not contacting the gentleman at 12 AM asking for questions after my shift is done. Just got to remember to do it on one of my days off when I'm not working two jobs.

As it ends, the mystery continues! I'll post when I get the story, or lack of one, from the gentleman.
Patdeesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:07 AM   #22

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Patdeesky: Oh, after seeing the photos, I think we all believe you, though I wouldn't know a knock-off if I had one in my driveway unless it was otherwise labelled.

You sure don't need to give us your VIN#! Wise not to. Nah, no reason to be calling people at 12AM for such things--you're right about that.

I'm not sure why I took the POs question personally, that was directed at you, not me, I can see now in reading back over the thread.

I LOVE it being called a flamingo, that's so funny and charming.

Thanks for this thread, I like looking at other amerigos. They're rare enough. We rather wish one would come available around here; hope someday to meet another one in person.

BEST
Kai
Old 12-13-2017, 05:11 PM   #23

Name: Steve
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16
North Carolina
I just looked at my title & it has ame in the brand section. I guess was short for amerigo back in '72.

If you find someone that's helpful at the dmv & they'll correct it for you without jumping thru a bunch of hoops then go for it otherwise I wouldn't worry about it much.
SteveV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:49 AM   #24

Registry
ame makes a lot more sense than ACE.

I agree, if it's easy, fine. If not, fine too.

K
Old 12-14-2017, 10:50 AM   #25

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I just looked at my title & it has ame in the brand section. I guess was short for amerigo back in '72.

If you find someone that's helpful at the dmv & they'll correct it for you without jumping thru a bunch of hoops then go for it otherwise I wouldn't worry about it much.
'AME' would make sense. Many DMV offices back in the day could only use a 3 letter code for make. So, they probably dropped the S.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:02 AM   #26

Utah
Hey all!

Since the Amerigo didn't sell, I decided to try to liven the interior a bit. A guy posted in the Facebook marketplace that he was parting out an old stick trailer. Considering the looks of the interior, I'd say it was as old as my 1973 Flamingo. Anyways, I was able to somehow get the bed section out in one piece, and also into the Flamingo in one piece. Don't ask me how I'm going to get it back out. That trailer has black magic written all over it.

I also picked up some cushions, ceiling cabinets, a Suburban 40lb. model stove with the overhead fan, and a few other dodads. All in all, I only paid $50 for everything that I got to fit in my little haul trailer. Now, all I need to do is start trimming and figuring out how to fit the current pieces in until I can find another parts trailer to terrorize with a hammer.

Once the floor (not the ones you see in the pictures) and furnishings are taken care of, I'll be lining the walls with that foam board insulation stuff. It'll then be covered with aluminum walls.

Question, while I am at it, should I let down the false ceiling to check the insulation in the top as well as shore it up with wood so I can double secure the hanging cabinets? Will I need to put more ribbing in so I can put in aluminum walls? Before I put the floor in, should I take the shell off the frame and repaint it?

Thanks all for following and advice.

Cordially,
Patdeesky

P.S.
I don't know why the website is turning my pictures over or upside down. It's 2 A.M. and I'm ready for bed; no conundrum pictures for me.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7942.jpg   IMG_7945.jpg  

IMG_7948.jpg   IMG_7951.jpg  

IMG_7953.jpg   IMG_7954.jpg  

IMG_7956.jpg   IMG_7959.jpg  

IMG_7962.jpg   IMG_7963.jpg  

Old 07-04-2018, 02:04 AM   #27

Utah
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7986.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	121405
Old 07-04-2018, 05:20 AM   #28

Name: Steve
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16
North Carolina
The ceiling is a double hull design (outer shell & inner ceiling) & it was installed in one piece before the 2 halves of the shell were assembled.
If it's still firmly attached I wouldn't touch it if it were mine. The wall framing around the windows also helps keep the ceiling panel in place.
SteveV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:00 AM   #29

Registry
Patdeesky,

Found a photo of the refrigerator vent grill. Hope this helps.

click or double click on the picture below and it "should" open in a new window much bigger and more clear. You can do the same with the previous photos, too.

BEST
Kai
Attached Thumbnails
1A 3 Setting it down again after removing it from the frame.jpg  
Old 07-08-2018, 10:04 AM   #30

Registry
Again, click on pics below to get a bigger, clearer view.

Now that I've done that, I can see the inside pic shows the vent grill removed and a piece of spare fiberglass panel in the hole, in the process of being glassed over. Sorry. The other one is possibly the best photo we have of the grill in place. It is wet; some of the little connective edges were broken.
Kai
Attached Thumbnails
Peanut 10 2015 to 6 2016 028.JPG   Peanut 10 2015 to 6 2016 067.jpg  

Tags
amerigo