Lil Snoozy/decals - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2019, 02:47 PM   #1

Name: RJ
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Lil Snoozy/decals

We are one of the VERY fortunate ones to have received our unit prior to their Ch. 8. Would love to remove some, if not all the decals; some which are really big! Suggestions?
LifeandCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:57 PM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Any good auto paint supply business will have adhesive remover to get the nasty glue residue off the surface. A hairdryer to heat the vinyl might be needed. In Arizona maybe just park the trailer in direct sunlight instead of the hairdryer. Take your time. It will not be a quick job.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:14 PM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
I sent you a P.M. If you would like some free help, contact me.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:38 PM   #4

Name: Diane
Trailer: 2015 Lil Snoozy
Delaware
Just removed all my decals. I parked the trailer in direct sun while it was about 80 degrees. The heat helped to loosen the decal and keep it from tearing. Used a plastic putty knife to loosen the edge then ripped it off...slowly. You will sort of develop a technique. Use rag with alcohol to remove the sticky adhesive. Took me about 4 hours over 3 days. Too hot to do all at once.
Bernese Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:40 PM   #5

Delaware
Click image for larger version

Name:	3ecjiEjQSpa%8VqBSEMjdg.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	355.8 KB
ID:	130049
Old 06-27-2019, 03:47 PM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Diane, you have a beautiful blank slate for some original graphics or striping now.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:50 PM   #7

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Diane, you have a beautiful blank slate for some original graphics or striping now.
Yep...decorating the interior and doing a few mods now. Wanna be ready for fall camping season.
Still thinking about new graphics. It'll happen...eventually!
Old 06-27-2019, 10:30 PM   #8

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Conventional vinyl decals can be easily removed with a hair dryer. Just warm up the edge and pick at it until it begins to come off. Then, as you heat it, slowly peel it off in one big piece. This will not hurt the fiberglass. Once removed, you can remove any residue of the adhesive with a small sponge and Barkeeper's Friend". This will not scratch the surface, but it will remove any residue. Once this is done there will be no evidence there was ever a decal there. Then, if you wish, you can wax the area with McGuires or some other quality wax.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:03 AM   #9

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspy View Post
Conventional vinyl decals can be easily removed with a hair dryer. Just warm up the edge and pick at it until it begins to come off. Then, as you heat it, slowly peel it off in one big piece. This will not hurt the fiberglass. Once removed, you can remove any residue of the adhesive with a small sponge and Barkeeper's Friend". This will not scratch the surface, but it will remove any residue. Once this is done there will be no evidence there was ever a decal there. Then, if you wish, you can wax the area with McGuires or some other quality wax.
Sorry but Barkeepers Friend doesn't work. Tried it and big failure. Might be the adhesive that is particular to the LS decals. The alcohol takes it off without any extra effort. Chemical instead of elbow grease.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:03 AM   #10

Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernese Bunch View Post
Sorry but Barkeepers Friend doesn't work. Tried it and big failure. Might be the adhesive that is particular to the LS decals. The alcohol takes it off without any extra effort. Chemical instead of elbow grease.
Interesting. I just removed the vinyl decals from my Oliver and Barkeepers Friend was how I removed the last of the residue. It also works well for bug and oil spots. Alcohol sounds like a good plan for the glue residue.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:35 PM   #11

Delaware
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspy View Post
Interesting. I just removed the vinyl decals from my Oliver and Barkeepers Friend was how I removed the last of the residue. It also works well for bug and oil spots. Alcohol sounds like a good plan for the glue residue.
After this project, I was lucky I had any arm strength left. The scrubbing was just too much effort for me. The alcohol was great because it dissolved the thick adhesive so it was so much easier to just wipe off. The Lil Snoozy FB friends recommended this method since many are removing the painful reminders of lost deposits.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:16 PM   #12

Name: Rich
Trailer: 1970 Trails West Campster and 2012 Lil Snoozy
Kansas
Registry
Decals gone

Last year I removed most of the decals on our 2012 Lil Snoozy.
On a nice warm day I took a razor blade and slide it under the decal just enough that I could grab the corner and just pulled at an angle.
Most came off easy, not all in one piece but still an easy job.
Then I used goo gone to remove the residue.

I like the look of fewer decals.
Rich and Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 06:54 AM   #13

Name: Douglas
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
MD
Registry
When our Snoozy was brand new, the decals peeled off easily without heating by lifting an edge and slowly pulling up.

Two years later, after the bankruptcy, I had to use a hair dryer to remove some of the decals to express my thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails
NOO.jpg  
Air Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:24 AM   #14

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Lil Snoozy/decals

Yup. The older the decals, the harder to remove. Older decals will often leave a ghost image of fresh gelcoat that contrasts with surrounding weathered gelcoat.

I removed faded and cracked 8-year-old decals on my Scamp, and it was an arduous 2-day job. I only replaced the large “Scamp” lettering, no stripes. I’m still happy to be associated with the brand, though they’ve been taking some QC hits recently.

I completely stripped our hand-me-down van camper for a clean look, leaving only small, discreet “Roadtrek” badges on the lower front doors.

Less is more when it comes to RV graphics.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:39 AM   #15

Smith Valley, Nevada
Another way to get the decal and/or the residue off is with a rubber Eraser Wheel. These work surprisingly well and don't damage the surface.

On trucks, you can remove the name plates, like "FORD" or the model number, like "2500", by sawing through the sticky back with dental floss, and then erasing the residue with one of these wheels.

https://www.amazon.com/ABN-Rubber-Er...28562227&psc=1
Old 06-29-2019, 08:42 AM   #16

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Lil Snoozy/decals

I tried the wheel, and it smeared red dye from the decals into surrounding gelcoat., requiring wet sanding to remove. Gave up and went back to manual removal with a plastic razor.

Didn’t think to try it on the residue, though. That’s a good idea.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:10 PM   #17

Nevada
Registry
Acetone. It works great on fiberglass and aluminum and works much faster than alcohol. If you are using it on other materials, test it first. I was using it to remove glue residue from the vinyl back of a seat cushion and melted a hole in it which I had to repair.
egfasdsdsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:48 PM   #18

Name: JOHN
Trailer: Currently shopping
Florida
Decal Removal

Razor blade and alcohol were the best combination for my 5 year old Snoozy. Really like the clean aero look and less cluttered.
Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 12:01 PM   #19

Name: Joe
Trailer: NA
Arizona
https://rvgraphicpros.com/
Crossbones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy