Re-post: My Fiber Stream Story - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2005, 11:08 PM   #21

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

The 3-burner stove with oven is also the heater! It is a Duette brand unit. The 5th knob (to the left side) controls the blower motor for the thin (short? narrow?) heater vent below the oven door. The oven temperature control is also the heater thermostat. 250* = Low, 350* = medium, & "broil" = high settings for space heating. You can use the heater functions and the cooking functions at the same time. It is vented to the exterior, with a lower intake (combustion) vent and a shielded upper (exaust) vent located just below the kitchen window and above the electric cord hatch.
Attached Thumbnails
FBSTstripe_001.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2005, 10:46 AM   #22

Registry
Talking

I decided to add to this re-release previously edited out photos (extra footage)!

When I bought the Fiber Stream the most glaring fault was a completely rotted wood panel at the top of the refridgerator/pantry cabinet. When I crawled up on the roof, I found that the 3 screws through the shell that secure the cabinet to the top had completely rusted out leaving gaping holes for water to enter! I first replaced the screws, and re-sealed them with "C-10" a caulk in an Orange tube made specifically for fiberglass I found at Camping World.

Then I removed the rotted panel.
Attached Thumbnails
microwave_001.jpg  
Old 12-26-2005, 10:56 AM   #23

Registry
Talking

Once the panel was gone, I saw that there was a LOT of room on the top shelf. The panel covered up the factory installed electric box (origonally blanked off) that would provide 110 volt power to an optional roof mounted air conditioner. I installed an outlet there, and mounted a 700 watt Microwave in the top shelf area.

After taking these photos, I attached the new panel to the top of the cabinet door.
Attached Thumbnails
microwave_002.jpg   microwave_003.jpg  

Old 12-26-2005, 11:04 AM   #24

Registry
Talking

Before and After:
Attached Thumbnails
FBSTfront2.jpg   Cambria_Rally_020.jpg  

Old 12-27-2005, 08:30 PM   #25

Trailer: 1968 Venture (Molded Fiberglass 19 ft Class A Motorhome) and 82 TranStar B+
Send a message via AIM to Penny Taylor Send a message via Yahoo to Penny Taylor
Quote:
The 3-burner stove with oven is also the heater! It is a Duette brand unit. It is vented to the exterior, with a lower intake (combustion) vent and a shielded upper (exaust) vent located just below the kitchen window.

The Duettes were a very good idea, I had one. They were discontinued a long time ago, as quite a few trailers, and motorhomes, caught fire, from the Duettes.
The exhaust pipe through the wall, got dislodged, accidentally, due to road travel, or by mistake, or was too near the wall for such a hot exhaust pipe !
Also the vent didn't need to be anywhere near a window, that might be open. It needed a lot of non-flammable insulation.

Please be very careful with it.
Penny Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 09:04 PM   #26

Registry
Talking

Quote:
They were discontinued a long time ago, as quite a few trailers, and motorhomes, caught fire, from the Duettes.
Please be very careful with it.
Thank you for your concern. I kind of figured that they had been problematic since they were [b]not installed in Fiber Streams after about 1982. Benita does not have one and neither does RJordanX2. I believe that they have separate (furnaces) mounted next to the water heater, under the streetside bunk. Ken Hildner removed the oven portion of his and installed his microwave in that space.

I will keep an on mine.

Tags
fiber stream