Ventura Trailer Company info wanted - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Ventura
We went shopping for a Boler or Trillium, but a 1976 13' Ventura trailer caught our eye and we bought that. The old school wood-panelled interior, for one, helped influence our decision.

However, I can't find any info regarding the company generally, or the trailer specifically. Are there any owners out there that can enlighten me about this unit, or point me to websites that will?

Lots of thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Darrell
Darrell O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #2

Trailer: Lite House
Registry
Quote:
We went shopping for a Boler or Trillium, but a 1976 13' Ventura trailer caught our eye and we bought that. The old school wood-panelled interior, for one, helped influence our decision.

However, I can't find any info regarding the company generally, or the trailer specifically. Are there any owners out there that can enlighten me about this unit, or point me to websites that will?

Lots of thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Darrell

I believe that they were made in Canada.
Davie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
This is not written information, but have you seen the Ventura photos on the home page of the FGRV website?

http://album.fiberglassrv.com/main.php?g2_itemId=1483
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #4

Trailer: Ventura
Ventura trailers

The Ventura trailer was originally designed and built by Mr. Ed Elias of Winkler, Manitoba. He then sold the trailer to Monarch Industries who moved the trailer building facilities to Gimli, Manitoba. They discontinued production sometime in the 1970's. Monarch Industries also built the Leocraft motorhome, an all fiberglass body as well.

As far as I know, Mr. Elias is still living in Winkler, but I don't know if he would accept a phone call. I would imagine he is quite elderly.

I also own a Ventura. The great advantages the the Ventura over the Boler, for example, is that the flex suspension is used properly, that is, with the arms "trailing" rather than "leading" (that is, facing backwards rather than forward, as recommended by suspension manufacturers), the frame is much more solid, and the door is a "flat" unit, not curved. However, the doors are very often rotted inside, and only the thin aluminum frame holds them together... mine litterally fell apart, and I rebuilt a much more solid door, using a Trimark lock rather than the original Bargman...

Best of luck,

RL
Moose Jaw, SK
Richard LP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:28 AM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Ventura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard LP View Post
The Ventura trailer was originally designed and built by Mr. Ed Elias of Winkler, Manitoba. He then sold the trailer to Monarch Industries who moved the trailer building facilities to Gimli, Manitoba. They discontinued production sometime in the 1970's. Monarch Industries also built the Leocraft motorhome, an all fiberglass body as well.

As far as I know, Mr. Elias is still living in Winkler, but I don't know if he would accept a phone call. I would imagine he is quite elderly.

I also own a Ventura. The great advantages the the Ventura over the Boler, for example, is that the flex suspension is used properly, that is, with the arms "trailing" rather than "leading" (that is, facing backwards rather than forward, as recommended by suspension manufacturers), the frame is much more solid, and the door is a "flat" unit, not curved. However, the doors are very often rotted inside, and only the thin aluminum frame holds them together... mine litterally fell apart, and I rebuilt a much more solid door, using a Trimark lock rather than the original Bargman...

Best of luck,

RL
Moose Jaw, SK
Great investigative reporting Richard! How did you find all this out without speaking to Elias directly?

My guess is that he watched what Boler was building (in Winkler) and thought he would do it better.

Regards,
Darrell O
Nanaimo BC
Darrell O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #6

Trailer: Ventura
Ventura Trailer

[QUOTE=Darrell O;233340]Great investigative reporting Richard! How did you find all this out without speaking to Elias directly?

Morning,

I phoned TripleE RV a few years back, inquiring about Ventura trailers (to see if parts were available), and I got a quick and very helpful reply from Terry Elias, who then sent me an e-mail with all the info I indicated earlier.

I just checked a few seconds ago, and there is still a listing for Edward G. Elias in Winkler, Manitoba, and the phone number matches the number that was given to me at that time... so I guess Mr. Elias is still around...

RL
Richard LP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:08 AM   #7

Name: Drew
Trailer: 1975 ventura 400 towed by a jeep grand cherokee sometimes, and an ugly 89 dodge truck other times.
Alberta
Registry
I'm in winkler this week. Drove by, and found Monarch industries is still in operation with the same lion head logo and the same address, but not making trailers anymore! Also noticed a triple E factory here.
Attached Thumbnails
image-2878322581.jpg   image-4235638184.jpg  

image-3553525979.jpg  
streetvan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:10 AM   #8

Name: Drew
Trailer: 1975 ventura 400 towed by a jeep grand cherokee sometimes, and an ugly 89 dodge truck other times.
Alberta
Registry
:/:
streetvan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ventura