Burro Shakedown overnighter - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #1

Name: felix
Trailer: 82 burro 13 "PookaBurro"
Oregon
Burro Shakedown overnighter

So ALMOST everything is done...we got our new torsion axle installed last Friday, and took the Burro out on a shakedown overnighter to Horsetheif Lake (be aware of the trains going past all night long!). Towed very well - I can take my hands off the wheel and it all tracks perfectly straight.

Electrical worked flawlessly! I have gutted and replace all wiring, added a 120V/12V load center with smart charging, all new lighting. No issues there!

Plumbing was completely gutted and a new tank, pump, faucet et al installed. All worked well but I need adjustment on the water pump limiter - it keeps 'jumping' when the faucet is turned off. No problem, as I installed an ON/OFF switch in line, and we were hooked up to city water. But what made me happiest was NO LEAKS WHATSOEVER! Yay!

The propane system was also gutted and completely replaced - very simple, as we only have a propane stove, no heater. We have a 'dorm referig - electric, no propane. It worked very well. Again, no leaks anywhere in the propane plumbing! The new ceiling vent and fan pulled cooking heat out very well.

The new tables: we never raised the doule-bed dinette, leaving it as a bed, but used the front single-bed dinette for our dining - very well laid out. Our new custom cushions were very comfortable, especially the cool curved front side cushions - they give a flat back surface while sitting (the shell curves there).

I'll add a removable shelf to the counter for a bit more cooking/sink space, as well as side shields to keep cooking and washing spalsh off the new upholstery.

The new cork flooring was easy to sweep up, and ventilation was perfect with all the new sliding windows.

We still need to line the cubbies, install shelving and hooks (as we determine where we need them), and have the door fixed - it's misagligned and the supports are a mess still). I got one curtain hung but need longer brackets on the side windows. But this all is figured out with use.

So we're almost done and expect to be ready for our week long trip to the Okanogan in October (we'll miss the NOG).

We now have a name for our rig...PookaBurro!

More interior pix once I clean up...
Attached Thumbnails
pookaburro1.jpg  
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #2

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Sounds like a great trip and that all your hard work paid off!
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix2 View Post
........... hooks (as we determine where we need them),......
I like the double suction cup hooks from Dollar Tree, as I can move them around inside as needed. No holes and they really stay stuck.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #4

Name: Linda
Trailer: Burro 13'. 1982
Montana
To felix2:

Did you install the awning? If so.....can you tell how, etc. thanks!
Lfoxmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix2 View Post
So we're almost done and expect to be ready for our week long trip to the Okanogan in October (we'll miss the NOG).
Wow, thanks for the report... exciting about no leaks huh?

We have a Spring NOG too!

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #6

Name: felix
Trailer: 82 burro 13 "PookaBurro"
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfoxmont View Post
To felix2:

Did you install the awning? If so.....can you tell how, etc. thanks!
The awning is a Carefree (I think) that just rolls up and velcros into it's own bag; it has legs to attach to the trailer, and legs that will go to the ground if you prefer. It slides into an aluminum track that's pop-riveted to the shell. The trailer came with it installed; all I did was tape up a tear, clean it, and run candle wax along the (previously frozen) zipper, and now it works fine.

I did use flowcaulk along the top of the rail, and caulked the rivet heads for peace of mind.
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro