Covering Bigfoot door window and door handle mod - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2017, 04:54 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25FB trailer
Covering Bigfoot door window and door handle mod

We have a 2008 25ft Bigfoot front bedroom with 2 doors. We like to sleep in a darker area and lots of light comes in through the opaque door glass. Easy fix go to a fabric store and get some black out shade material, we got it in a cream color that nearly matches the door it is vinyl on the back, pick up some clear adhesive backed velcro. I put the hook side on the door next to the frame at the top, middle, and bottom corners, furry side on the vinyl side of the material at same locations if we want the light we can easily adjust it. We also had a piece left to cover the vent over the bed in the same fashion. If you remove the material the velcro is nearly invisible.

Door handle mod, as we are getting older and arthritis and balance are becoming issues, I don't enjoy leaning out over the steps to open the door until it stops or reaching out to get the handle to close it. Especially when raining.
I drilled a hole(be sure to clean up edges of the hole) near the bottom of the handle close to the edge to fit some sturdy 3/16" cord(heavy string or small rope) that I had on hand, feed some cord into hole and tie a knot so it won't pull out, then let it hang down and tie a loop a few inches from the bottom of the door. Now as you enter your trailer hold the loop in your right hand, when you are inside turn around and pull the door to you with out leaning out over the steps, reach down and latch with left hand, reverse to open the door and let it open with out flying open on the strut. You can leave the cord inside thru the screen handle space or let it hang between screen and door.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2516.JPG   IMG_2517.JPG  

IMG_2514.JPG   IMG_2515.JPG  

IMG_2513.JPG  
Old 09-22-2017, 11:44 AM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
Thank you for sharing two good ideas.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot