Where are the Bigfoot trailer owners? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-20-2018, 04:52 PM   #21

Name: Bruce & Kathryn
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
North Carolina
We have a new 25RQ in North Carolina. And our now sold Oliver ended up in California. On our last trip out west, we probably saw 2 Bigfoots and 2 Olivers the whole way.
Bruce Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:10 PM   #22

Name: J
Isle of Wight
We are based in Granbury,TX. But we are not home much. Just finishing up a circle of Lake Superior and Lake Michigan. We have only seen 2 Bigfoots on this 6 week trip.
WizWid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:42 PM   #23

Name: Evelyn
Oregon Coast
I live on the breathtakingly beautiful Oregon Coast, and I see Bigfoots (Bigfeet?? ) almost daily this time of year. Usually the smaller units, but also the rare 5th wheels. And, the occasional truck camper (3 so far this year).

We get tons of visitors in the summer, so maybe the odds are better that a Bigfoot is more likely to be spotted in high-tourist areas? At any rate, it always makes me smile when I see one (I decided blowing kisses was a bit over the top. )

I live in my 1988 17-footer full-time, currently parked on 3 acres of private property. I don't miss my sticks-and-bricks one eentsy bit, and that's the truth!
Ev in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:07 PM   #24

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhamm1 View Post
We have traveled more than 10,000 miles this summer, going west and east, and did not see another Bigfoot trailer. From other discussions, I know that there are others. Where are you? We know of two couples who purchased new trailers this year, so it is good that they are still in production. They are such good quality and comfortable. We are located in the N TX area.
In fact, it seems like each year we are seeing fewer fiberglass trailers.
Bigfoots are rarely sighted. You do have to come to the NW Pacific coastal forest area for the best chance of seeing one. As far as I know they have not been reported as being seen in the forest of Texas. Sighting of the 13' juveniles are every more rare. The adult males can be 21".
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:21 PM   #25

Name: Evelyn
Oregon Coast
LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
Bigfoots are rarely sighted. You do have to come to the NW Pacific coastal forest area for the best chance of seeing one. As far as I know they have not been reported as being seen in the forest of Texas. Sighting of the 13' juveniles are every more rare. The adult males can be 21".

Thank you for that; made my evening.
Ev in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:52 PM   #26

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
I have a 17 CB deluxe for sale if anyone's interested LOL. I love it but I've got a line on a rare Bonair Oxygen. Still a bit torn because of the great condition and full size 2 door fridge. I went to the Quartzite gathering last February and the only Bigfoots were a 25" and my 17". I'm sure there were at least 300 fiberglass rigs there with the huge majority being Casita's
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:03 AM   #27

Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil' Bigfoot
Ontario
We have a 13.5 ft lil bigfoot in Ottawa Canada! Though we mostly see bolers around here in that size. There are a couple uhauls in the city too.
Melly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:27 AM   #28

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
We have a Bigfoot Silver Cloud outside Chicago.
Attached Thumbnails
Bigfoot at KY rally 2018.jpg  
Old 08-21-2018, 08:37 AM   #29

Name: Perry
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
We purchased our 25RQ from a couple in Minnesota and sold it to a couple from the Minneapolis area. I know they are members here, but I'll let them announce who they are. We did encounter another 25RQ in Minnesota, but never got to talk to them.

Enjoy,

Perry

Previous Eggs -2018 Escape 5.0 TA, 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we regreted selling
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 07:07 PM   #30

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
We have a Bigfoot Silver Cloud outside Chicago.
Hey Cindy, haven't I seen that beautiful Bigfoot of yours on the Facebook forum?

There are two Bigfoot Facebook forums, BTW, so that's another place to connect with other Bigfoot owners. To me, whether people have a Bigfoot or another fiberglass trailer, it's all good! But it sure is helpful when doing mods, renos and repairs to have members who have the same type of trailer!
V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:44 AM   #31

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by V'sGlassSleeper View Post
Hey Cindy, haven't I seen that beautiful Bigfoot of yours on the Facebook forum?

There are two Bigfoot Facebook forums, BTW, so that's another place to connect with other Bigfoot owners. To me, whether people have a Bigfoot or another fiberglass trailer, it's all good! But it sure is helpful when doing mods, renos and repairs to have members who have the same type of trailer!
Yep, that is my Silver Cloud. And the problem with having one of only 12 is that it is hard to find another camper of the same kind to ask questions, as you suggest, Val. However, someone on this forum also has one, and his images of his Silver Cloud helped us find the 2 living room tables in our camper, even though we never pull them out.

We get help from BOCI too, as some of the non-molded Bigfoots are similar to our Silver Cloud.

CindyL

CindyL
Old 08-25-2018, 10:23 AM   #32

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Mississippi
We are new 25RQ owners in south MS. Our trailer arrived two weeks then and sold our Escape 21 in three days! We are out there.

Have several issues with the new Bigfoot we are trying to get resolved now.
snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 10:24 AM   #33

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Bigfoot
Florida
We have had our 2019 25RQ for a month. Searched for 6 months to find it. I can say the build quality is far better than any trailer we have looked at and we looked at them all! We talked with most of the dealers in the USA and they all said they can not keep them in stock like the many stick built they have! So their numbers will slowly build up.
SummKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 11:34 AM   #34

Name: Glenn
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25RQ
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhamm1 View Post
We have traveled more than 10,000 miles this summer, going west and east, and did not see another Bigfoot trailer. From other discussions, I know that there are others. Where are you? We know of two couples who purchased new trailers this year, so it is good that they are still in production. They are such good quality and comfortable. We are located in the N TX area.
In fact, it seems like each year we are seeing fewer fiberglass trailers.
2017 BF25RQ here covering the East Coast in Virginia.
SSBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:32 PM   #35

Name: John
Missouri
We are proud Bigfoot owners from southern Missouri. Other than ours or when we travelled to purchase one we have never seen another one. We never camp without creating a stir from the other campers. In the Midwest any fiberglass campers are very rare. I could count on both hands any fiberglass campers I have seen "in the wild".
jcwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 01:12 PM   #36

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
1988 Bigfoot Fifth Wheel in Danville, Kentucky!
Old 08-25-2018, 03:40 PM   #37

Name: John
Missouri
Represent!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
1988 Bigfoot Fifth Wheel in Danville, Kentucky!
jcwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 08:18 PM   #38

Name: Rick
Trailer: 21' Bigfoot
British Columbia
We see them often, but we are 4 hrs from Factory!!

We are in southeastern British Columbia and are close to the Bigfoot factory. We purchased our 2005 21 foot Bigfoot in Whitefish Montana about 8 years ago. It was built in Canada but the first owner took it to Whitefish and there it was parked until we purchased it. They are very well built trailers. We had a 17 foot Casita, which was also a great trailer, before the Bigfoot. We had one of the 4 foot envy situations. This trailer is exactly what we wanted.
rck54789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:16 AM   #39

Name: Mark K
Trailer: Bigfoot 25FB
California
Registry
Bigfoot sightings

You know the sighting are rare, as Bigfoot and Sasquatch sightings are. 😉🤪

If you were at the Boler 50th anniversary rally in Winnipeg this month, you saw many of them, big and small. There was even a 1989 13’ Lil Bigfoot there I had the pleasure of seeing and meeting the owner. 😍 There’s usually a Bigfoot at a rally you can see. 👍

25’, 17’, 5th wheels and the like. All were there along with a LOT of sweet vintage Bolers. Nearly 500 trailers and a lot of people. It was the Best. Rally. Ever!
Mark Kozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:57 PM   #40

Name: Dale
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
California
Keep your eyes open next month. Taking off in mid September with our 2016 25RQ for southern Arizona, southern New Mexico, Texas Big Ben NP then up to Santa Fe/Taos, maybe slip into Colorado and then over to Ghost Ranch and North Rim before getting back late October.

We maybe see one trailer and a couple PU campers on our longer trips. They are sprinkled all over. When we started looking for a Bigfoot in mid 2015 we found one for sale in Arizona, one in San Diego, several in Oregon and Washington, and a 25FQ right here in El Dorado Hills. Ended up ordering from the dealer in Portland. They don't last long when put on the market.

Hope to see some Bigfoots next month.
damueller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot