2008 Bigfoot 2500 series 17.5 cb $19000 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-05-2018, 02:06 PM   #21

Name: WALT
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
2004 17CB

We bought our 2004 17CB in 2014 for 15K; didn't blink, paid asking price, and 2 other couples were waiting right there to buy if we didn't; this trailer was in like new condition, however; the fiberglass underneath was as clean as the sides and roof; don't think it had been used much, and was probably stored indoors. We love this trailer and would do it again in a heartbeat!
Attached Thumbnails
002 copy.jpg  
WALT2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:55 PM   #22

Name: Bill
British Columbia
Single axle

You may to want research single vs. double axle trailers 1st. Bouncy vs. smooth towing. The 20 ft Bigfoot has a standalone shower, larger bed that does not double as your table and not that much heavier & dual axles for easier towing. You may also want to look into laminated Fiberglas vs. molded Fiberglas units. Laminated glass units are just as good in my opinion and easier to resell because they cost less to begin with. The Jayco Ultra Lights are an example of light easy towing units that are glas and rigid last lasting trailers.
Bill Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:13 PM   #23

Name: ROY AND BETH
Trailer: BIGFOOT 21 FB
Florida
Registry
Pricing used ones

Personally I think 19000 for a 17 foot Bigfoot is a little high in that age of trailer. 14 to 16 would be a better deal I feel. One has to check the prices on comprable ones for sale to get a gist for what they are fetching. A cup a couple of years ago I had the Good Fortune of finding a 21fb for sale in Florida only 4 hours from my house. It's a 2007 21 foot front bed and we purchased it with a Honda 3000 generator for $17,500. N a d a value was around 8,500. Which I think does not reflect the actual market for fiberglass molded trailers. At around 10 years of age the in Ada value on most 10 over stick and fiberglass panel trailers dropped precipitously. The molded fiberglass trailers like Casita big foot scamp are just clumped in with these other depreciation rates. But as anyone reading this forum knows the reason we like and buy these trailers is because a they're better trailers and be they hold their value better. Good luck finding one east of the Mississippi though. I almost drove to Montana to buy one before I found this one in North Port Florida
nefldiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:57 PM   #24

Name: Bill
British Columbia
The molded trailers do hold their value very well, but they do not necessarily sell fast. There are 5 for sale here in Western Canada and have been for months. Two have been steadily discounting their asking price. One 17 sold for $5,500 (soft floor). There is a 20 ft for $16k, another for $18.5 and yet another for $17.5. There is a 17 ft for $9,500 in excellent condition.....etc..(so with foreign exchange you would be getting a good deal) See the ad for a 2001 17 ft that sold last month for $11,900.
When I say laminated fiberglass I do not refer to the method of some builders that hang a fiberglass sheet in front of a wood frame. Laminated fiberglass has wood embedded in the glass and it is all fiberglassed together. It is a very good method of building a very strong product. Multi-million $ yachts are made using the laminated fiberglass method so do not confuse the two methods as they are quite different. Molded fiberglass does have some draw backs. They are like a pail, when water gets it it does not get out again. When I was looking for a bigfoot, two of the units I passed on had soft floors. Once water gets in it rots the wood supports and sub flooring. Once it rots underneath the only way to fix it is rip out the floor and that is not a minor job especially if the cabinets need to be removed. So shop around and buyer beware.
Bill Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 08:12 AM   #25

Name: ROY AND BETH
Trailer: BIGFOOT 21 FB
Florida
Registry
I think one of the reasons they might not sell as quickly is because many people do not realize why they are price considerably higher than comprable trailers of different Construction. It was my experience when trying to buy a casita that they sold rather quickly. Not so sure about Bigfoot. H
nefldiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:39 AM   #26

Name: Dan
Trailer: Bigfoot 30th Anv. 25B25FB
Washington
Older bigfoots say in the 80's and 90's will sell for less. Although still great trailers in many cases, they are older and don't command the higher prices of newer Bigfoots from say 2000 to 2008, with the 06' through 09's being the highest priced ones. Needless to say high priced options not found on all Bigfoots add to that used price, such as a generator package, paint trim and front storage box.

As far as Bigfoot trailers being priced lower and sitting awhile for sale usually is because they have a problem, as mentioned like a soft floor. Usually the problems are associated with a general lack of care from previous owners. Those that are in excellent shape for the most part, sell quickly.

If someone finds a nice used Bigfoot that suits there needs and is in excellent shape a few thousand dollars of a premium is relative if one has to spend time looking and traveling halfway across the county to find one. "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush" has some meaning here.
Wacenturion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot