Full length queen in Bigfoot - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2018, 01:32 PM   #1

Name: Laura
Trailer: Escape 21' 2nd Gen, picked up on Black Friday 2016
Washington
Full length queen in Bigfoot

We're not in the market for a Bigfoot right now, but will be some/few/whatever years down the road. I'm starting my research now though. Never too early for that.

I'm tall and the RV size queens are just too short for me to comfortably sleep on. That's one of the reasons we went with a 21' Escape since it has a full length bed in it.

We've viewed both the front and rear bedroom 25' Bigfoots. I can see installing a full length queen in the rear bedroom with some plywood added to the platform. It'd be tight walking around the end, but I'm used to that at home. And it'd probably be harder to access the underbed storage, but that's okay.

However, I don't see how that can be added to the front bedroom and still be able to walk around the bed. I'm not too keen on climbing over the bed corners all the time.

So, my question is: has anyone added a full length bed to either/both of these floor plans? If so, any tips to pass on?

Thanks folks!

www.UnderKittySupervision.com
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:54 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita Liberty Deluxe
We have the FB and there is about 12" from the sofa and dinette bulkheads to the edge of the short queen mattress, if you added a full length mattress it would be very tight to walk around. I'm 6' and just sleep a little diagonal or bend legs a bit. The head board angles in so if you use a extra thick mattress you will lose a bit of length too.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:23 PM   #3

Name: Steven and Paula
Trailer: Bigfoot
Ontario
full queen in a 25rq

Hi Folks,
We replaced the barely used but short factory queen mattress with a normal full length one when we purchased the trailer.
It can be looked as a personal preference but I wanted the full length, but you do lose the extra space at the end of the bed. I'm a big guy and shuffling around the bed is a small trade off for a quality night of sleep.
My wife sleeps on the left so that meant I'm doing the shuffling. It's not been a problem since we don't use the corner TV shelf at all.
We purchased our foam mattress from IKEA which was a good move too.

There is something magical about sleeping in the Bigfoot. The tinted windows on all three sides is a real bonus.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:31 AM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
I feel that trailer manufactures have not done much to make the sleeping problem much better. Only the Bigfoot, Oliver, and 17 Casita Independence have what I would call sleeping twin beds that can do a pretty good job for comfort and and use of what space they have. We have the 17 Casita Independence and it works very well for us, but if we upgrade we are just about committed to the Oliver, or the Bigfoot, which is three times the price which I would pay for if there is no other option out there. Escape which I like just doesn't offer a flooplan that would work for us, that is without having to crawl over the other, in some form or fashion. I do see where the Escape 5.0 would work better then the other Escape models, but don't know if we want to go with a 5th wheel at this time and have to crawl in and out of a sleeping hole. I feel we don't have any other choices at this time, but pay more money just to sleep in comfort.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:08 AM   #5

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by swip View Post
My wife sleeps on the left so that meant I'm doing the shuffling.
Either I am confused, or you mis-typed. You have to walk around the bed to the left side in the RQ, or are you referring to the FB model?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
I do see where the Escape 5.0 would work better then the other Escape models, but don't know if we want to go with a 5th wheel at this time and have to crawl in and out of a sleeping hole.
The loft in the 5.0TA is anything but a hole. Other than the fact you cannot stand, it is quite roomy with good space on both sides.

The biggest detriment to the 5.0TA is the loss of tow vehicle storage space, otherwise it is a great trailer.

I do still have a 25RT (or even a 25RQ that I could mod) in my thoughts though.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot