Bigfoot Theater Seat Option for 25RT - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2020, 05:42 PM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: shopping
Leola
Bigfoot Theater Seat Option for 25RT

Greetings!

I am interested in some feedback of pros and cons on the theater seat option instead of the dinette. I have attached some pictures for your review and comments.

Thanks,

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0606.jpg   IMG_0607.jpg  

IMG_0609.jpg   IMG_0610.jpg  

Mark Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
For us, that option would definitely be out. For starters, we use the table in the dinette a lot, for crafts, electronic stuff, card games with friends... oh yeah, and eating when it is not nice out.

Another thing for us is that we go camping to spend time in the great outdoors including our campsite be it in a campground or in the boondocks. And we are there all the time that the weather is not stormy. This would see minimal use of this setup by us.

With our recent trailer, we set it up for TV 3 1/2 years ago when it was new, and have only used it one night. This is not generally something we like to do when camping. Someday maybe a bit more though.

They do look like comfy chairs, and maybe some folks go camping for reasons other than us, so this kind of setup might work well for them.

Bigfoot does build a very nice trailer.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:41 AM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
My wife and I agree that we would like this option. Great reading, napping chairs plus tv trays.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:12 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
For long-term use by two people only this could be a nice option. If you spend many months on the road, there will inevitably be long evenings where you do not want to be outside. Nothing beats a comfortable seat.

You give up indoor dining at a proper table or for more than two and a place for grandkids or other tag-a-longs to sleep. That’s a call you’ll have to make for yourself.

My favorite front layout on a larger trailer is a pull-out sofa with a comfortably angled backrest and a table that folds out from one side. I had that in a ‘68 Holiday Rambler I lived in full-time for four years (many decades ago!), and it was a great compromise for lounging, dining, and an occasional extra bed. A couple of compact folding chairs could be pulled up to the table rather than sitting on the sofa to eat. Don’t know why that layout has fallen out of favor. It would work beautifully in a B25.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:47 AM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
My wife and I agree that we would like this option. Great reading, napping chairs plus tv trays.
We actually kind of did this. The RV place stole one of our chairs, so we replaced both with small lazybones. The Silver Cloud actually has 2 tables, one that extends the length of the living room and one that is designed to be used by the 2 chairs. The wood that the tables hide behind act as a TV stand and end table. We do not pull them out. We either eat sitting in the chairs or go outside to eat. If we had to set up a table for grandkids, it likely would work to put a TV tray between the twin beds.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
bigfoot livingroom with new rug.jpg   new curtains Bigfoot.jpg  

Old 09-23-2020, 11:35 AM   #6

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 2013 19 ft
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Campbell View Post
Greetings!

I am interested in some feedback of pros and cons on the theater seat option instead of the dinette. I have attached some pictures for your review and comments.

Thanks,

Mark
Wow would be our choice for sure . The sitting in our trailer is very uncomfortable . Just a comfortable place to read or maybe a nap . Pat
LindaandPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:39 AM   #7

Name: Philip
Trailer: Casita
Louisiana
It’s my understanding that Bigfoot will also be offering the option of a U-shaped dinette or jack knife sofa in lieu of the standard dinette.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:41 AM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg White View Post
It’s my understanding that Bigfoot will also be offering the option of a U-shaped dinette or jack knife sofa in lieu of the standard dinette.
I have a U-shaped dinette, wish it's nice for looks and a bit more storage, I don't really care for how it fits for with our leg/foot room. Many love this layout.

The jacknife sofa sounds good to me, so long as a good sized table can be used with a couple more chairs for guests, family, grandkids and the like.

I bet Bigfoot could make these items work as they do good work. Looking forward to seeing all these in layouts and photos.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-24-2020, 11:57 AM   #9

Name: Perry
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
Had we kept our 25' Bigfoot we were going to install a dual recliner so our granddaughter could sleep there. There is also plenty of room for two chairs. , Ironically, the current owners removed the dinette and installed a dual recliner, plus removed the queen bed and installed full-width twin beds on each side, north/south in back. We didn't like the short queen (neither did they), and their twin beds give room plenty of room to move in the bedroom.

In our Escape 5.0, with a u-shaped dinette, the rear bench is 22" deep, not 18". We also chose not to install the table in the 5.0, so no post anchor to get in the way, and can seat three in the dinette and one on a chair in front of the fridge/pantry. We've done that a couple of times. We use one serving tray for the person in the chair and a portable table with the three adults eating at the dinette. We're all medium to thin people though.

Everyone's different. For larger people this probably would not work. Like everyone should do, configure your camper for you, not what others think is correct.

Enjoy,

Perry

Previous Eggs -2018 Escape 5.0 TA, 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we regreted selling
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:34 PM   #10

Name: Beth
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Maryland
It looks very nice, but I would not order it.

We want to keep both dinette benches.

The bench on the door side, eliminate the storage behind the seat back, keep the storage underneath the bench. So that short bench is flush against the door wall and provide another 18"? of open floor space.

Then we will add two footstools (storage cubes) between the 2 benches and put them under the front window. Add our own tables. The cubes can be moved around.

Would rather have all that room between the 2 benches to configure how we want.
Brad-Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:13 PM   #11

Name: Dean
Trailer: In the market
Ohio
At initial glacé I like the chairs and the added storage, but I don’t believe there is a practical use.
Dean Vorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 10:43 AM   #12

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2019 Bigfoot 25 foot rear twin
Maine
A big minus to me is losing the nice storage behind the RH bench seat (looking forward in the trailer). We are in the process of removing the dinette table and RH seat which will give us 52 inches of width to work with while still retaining the storage area. We have ordered a 48 inch wide reclining love seat from Brad and Hall in Elkhart, IN to install in that area. This may not be wide enough for some people, but we have checked carefully and it will work for us assuming that neither oi us puts on too much weight! We spend the winters in Florida in our Bigfoot so we need something comfortable to sit in. If we just used the trailer for occasional camping trips the dinette would be fine. We are planning to use TV trays to eat at.
Old 09-30-2020, 11:01 AM   #13

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
I bought our '06 25RQ specifically because it had the front sofa option instead of the dinette. The dinette, unless you're a tiny person, is essentially useless, particularly on the street side. I had the dinette in our '04 17CB and wasn't interested in having Chapter II with it.

The front lounge option gives more floor space and is a much better all-'round use of the front of the trailer.

Here are photos of ours from back in the day. We bought the trailer new and had it nine years.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsiNSqxkd
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 11:35 AM   #14

Name: Mickey
Trailer: 18EC W&P Toy Hauler
Oklahoma
We had a similar setup in a 25RQ. We also had two collapsible foot stools and a table that stored away real nice. This is an excellent setup for only two people. We only went to a different camper due to our need to take our motorcycle and we wanted more space for other family members (kids & grandkids) when they show up. I will say Bigfoot is the best quality built and most insulated trailer I have ever seen hands down!
Click image for larger version

Name:	BF 4.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	137771

Name:	BF 5.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	137772

Name:	BF 6.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	137773
Old 09-30-2020, 11:48 AM   #15

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2019 Bigfoot 25 foot rear twin
Maine
Nice photos! Very interesting! What is with the Born Free pulling the trailer? We owned a 26 foot 1998 Born Free President Model with the 7.2 powerstroke diesel from 1999 to 2013. It was loaded with leather interior, A/C with heat pump, etc. We liked it except for the water leaks! We put about 130,000 miles on it. The Ford chassis and drive train were bulletproof and the diesel engine was just getting broken in with about 140K miles on it when we sold it!
Old 09-30-2020, 01:49 PM   #16

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Maine View Post
Nice photos! Very interesting! What is with the Born Free pulling the trailer? We owned a 26 foot 1998 Born Free President Model with the 7.2 powerstroke diesel from 1999 to 2013. It was loaded with leather interior, A/C with heat pump, etc. We liked it except for the water leaks! We put about 130,000 miles on it. The Ford chassis and drive train were bulletproof and the diesel engine was just getting broken in with about 140K miles on it when we sold it!
My Born Free was a 23' rear kitchen... and a PERFECT road trip tow vehicle... we travel with our dogs, and the Born Free made the perfect dogsitter house while we were out and about. And we had all the amenities too.

Mostly I just did it because I could.

I sold the Bigfoot 25RQ when I bought a Born Free 32RQ on a Kodiak chassis in 2015. I still have the 32RQ.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskuUcqBn
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 02:57 PM   #17

Name: Richard
Trailer: Airstream
Ontario
25 Twin with theatre seats

Quote:
Greetings!

Thanks,

Mark
Does anybody actually have a 25 with theatre seats, I’m Interested in the 25 twin with theatre seats, got a price from the dealership in Ottawa but I can’t find any literature or a floor plan of it?
richdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 07:42 PM   #18

Name: Mark
Trailer: shopping
Leola
2500 with Theatre Seats

Hi Richard:

I started this original post. I ended up ordering a 25 rear twin with the theater seats. I am very happy with that option. The seats are comfortable and I enjoy the swivel tables that come with the seats. I have found dinette seats uncomfortable in every trailer that I sat in. I am 6' 1" and I like support on my whole back while sitting. There is no downside from my perspective. Now when I camp, I am camping with my wife about half the time and various buddies the other half. I am retired, so I do not need additional seating for children. If you camp with more than 2 people, a dinette might work better. I choose the lighter color for my seats instead of black. I like the recliner function for the chairs and use them about 1/3 of the time. When the weather is poor we can watch TV more comfortably than we could if we were sitting in the dinette. With that being said, I have not watched the TV since last fall. I think the seats are of good quality and will last for many years. I like the extra storage you get with the theater seats because Bigfoot eliminates the long bench seat. If you message me and provide an email address I can send some pictures of trailer. I would be happy to answer any other questions you have. I also went with the RT option. It makes the trailer seem longer and it works well for whoever is sleeping in the trailer.
Mark Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 07:48 AM   #19

Registry
Quote:
If you message me and provide an email address I can send some pictures of trailer. I would be happy to answer any other questions you have. I also went with the RT option. It makes the trailer seem longer and it works well for whoever is sleeping in the trailer.
Could you maybe post the pictures here? This would help some folks not willing or wanting to send you their email address, and those just curious.

Tags
bigfoot