Easy Access for Bigfoot propane tanks - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2020, 12:37 PM   #1

Name: Deb
Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot B19
British Columbia
Easy Access for Bigfoot propane tanks

Another quick question. I have the old one piece propane cover on my 1990 BF, meaning that in order to get at the propane valves, I have to remove the entire cover. I have seen in a couple of posts (and of course was looking for something else at the time, therefore didn't bookmark them!) some mods that folks have made.

I saw one in particular that was the addition of what looked like 2 threaded caps directly over the valves on the tanks.

If this was you or if you have some similar mods for your one piece BF propane/battery shroud, I would love to hear about it. I generally do overnight stays, (my RV needs are mainly a rolling motel room for me and the dogs) so it would be nice not to have to wrangle that shroud every time I set up or tear down.
Thanks all.

Edit - Never mind. Found the thread I was looking for!!!
https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...ess-45867.html
Deb Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 05:09 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
On our 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud, the cover is held on at three points with latches. On mine, I can undo the front and side latch, lift it up about 45 degrees, and open/close the propane valves all while the other latch is still fastened. Is your cover anything like that? Then you wouldn’t have to remove it all the way each time.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 05:28 PM   #3

Name: Deb
Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot B19
British Columbia
Hi Kevin. Unfortunately not. There are no latches. 2 short black support plates (shroud is wedged behind & between those) on the tongue (you can see one near the back of the cover) and a pin with a small hole for a cotter pin at the front tip (not visible here) Can't tip it up. Have to wiggle the whole thing off half sideways. Can't just lift it off the pin and move it forward then off, because the tongue jack is in the way. . And it doesn't lift straight off.

From what I've seen, depending on the year & model you got, that cover could have a number of variants.

I like the idea of the deck plates, and have ordered a couple. I knew what I was looking for - just didn't know what to call them so I could do a search!
Attached Thumbnails
propane cover.jpg  
Deb Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 01:29 PM   #4

Name: Roger
Trailer: 1986 Bigfoot B17 dlx
British Columbia
bottle covers

Hi I purchased 4in flush deck covers ie marine, I put one above each propane valvd, works well can also reach regulater I have large hands & 4in work but if very large hands get the 5in, they used to be expencive but ebay has chinese ones at reasonable price
rogerfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 12:59 PM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 17' DLX
Alaska
Registry
Here you go OP...

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...mod-58034.html
trainjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot, propane