Recommended adhesive for T-trim base - 82 17' boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2021, 09:00 AM   #1

Name: Joy
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Recommended adhesive for T-trim base - 82 17' boler

Hi, I fear that I may have already posted this question, but can't find the answer. We are wanting to reattach the base of the T-trims back to the surface of the trailer between the ensolite seems. Any recommendations on what adhesive to use?

And second question, some of the T-trims will not pressure fit into the base strip, so any suggestions on what to use to get that to hold without making a total mess.

When we got the trailer, it was all glued in with dark brown adhesive and it's been a beast to get it all cleaned up.

Thx in advance,
Joy
JoyCalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 07:01 AM   #2

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyCalgary View Post
Hi, I fear that I may have already posted this question, but can't find the answer. We are wanting to reattach the base of the T-trims back to the surface of the trailer between the ensolite seems. Any recommendations on what adhesive to use?

And second question, some of the T-trims will not pressure fit into the base strip, so any suggestions on what to use to get that to hold without making a total mess.

When we got the trailer, it was all glued in with dark brown adhesive and it's been a beast to get it all cleaned up.

Thx in advance,
Joy
Hi Joy
We used contact cement, cleaned base track and got new top part, its available from a member; remanufactured. "base was not available" snapped in ok. There maybe better glues.
Borden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, eco