Trillium help in Toronto - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2020, 03:39 PM   #1

Name: Jacqueline
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Trillium help in Toronto

Hello all!

I’m new to this forum. I’ve recently inherited a 1974 Trillium Trailer from my parents. They enjoyed it for many years but unfortunately their health was failing in their later years and the trailer sat in their backyard for far too long. The cushions are moldy and need to be completely redone. The trailer needs to be seriously cleaned inside and out. I have no idea how the water or electrical systems work so I need to figure that out. Also, I have no idea about towing and hitches and such. I’m a complete newbie not only to RVs but to DIY in general. I am not handy but I am willing to learn. I was wondering if there are any kind souls in the Toronto area that might be willing to take me under their wing and show me a few things. My parents both passed away in the past two years and I’d really like to restore this old girl in their honour. Even if there was someone who would be willing to coach me over the phone occasionally, I would be so appreciative. I’ve tried browsing the forums but there’s so much information to sift through and it feels really overwhelming.
Jgamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:03 PM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Go to the top right of the screen, click on manufacturers. Then select Trillium. There you will see a treasure-trove of stories from others that have restored their Trilliums.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:40 AM   #3

Name: Tom
British Columbia
If you were in Vancouver area I would help you out , I have restored 3 trillium trailers .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgamble View Post
Hello all!

I’m new to this forum. I’ve recently inherited a 1974 Trillium Trailer from my parents. They enjoyed it for many years but unfortunately their health was failing in their later years and the trailer sat in their backyard for far too long. The cushions are moldy and need to be completely redone. The trailer needs to be seriously cleaned inside and out. I have no idea how the water or electrical systems work so I need to figure that out. Also, I have no idea about towing and hitches and such. I’m a complete newbie not only to RVs but to DIY in general. I am not handy but I am willing to learn. I was wondering if there are any kind souls in the Toronto area that might be willing to take me under their wing and show me a few things. My parents both passed away in the past two years and I’d really like to restore this old girl in their honour. Even if there was someone who would be willing to coach me over the phone occasionally, I would be so appreciative. I’ve tried browsing the forums but there’s so much information to sift through and it feels really overwhelming.
caderider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:26 AM   #4

Name: George
Ontario
Registry
hi I have rebuilt 2 trilliums over the years and am retired and have a semi-renovated T4500 in my backyard. I can talk about fiberglass toys forever. you could talk to me per cell first if you prefer. I think it is best to show you what can be done and how. I don't do everything myself anymore and don't need it to be perfect, since I have an affinity to fibreglass projects. I live in SW Etobicoke.
jokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 12:16 PM   #5

Ontario
Hi! Thanks for reaching out! I may PM you with specific questions at some point once I get going with this project. And who knows, maybe we will get out west with it one day!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caderider1 View Post
If you were in Vancouver area I would help you out , I have restored 3 trillium trailers .
Old 07-04-2020, 12:17 PM   #6

Ontario
Thanks so much! Sending you a PM shortly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokra View Post
hi I have rebuilt 2 trilliums over the years and am retired and have a semi-renovated T4500 in my backyard. I can talk about fiberglass toys forever. you could talk to me per cell first if you prefer. I think it is best to show you what can be done and how. I don't do everything myself anymore and don't need it to be perfect, since I have an affinity to fibreglass projects. I live in SW Etobicoke.
Old 03-18-2022, 05:48 PM   #7

Name: jagbor
British Columbia
Hi! We have a 1973 Trillium 1300 that is in the process of getting the body pulled off the frame......frame is now POR15'd! Body sanded with 120 grit and then 320 grit-do i need to go up to 600 grit or will paint have problems adhering? Also, have u ever made the shelves/cabinets for either the sides/front or back above the windows? If yes, did u use something like baltic birch or ?/would you happen to have dimensions of each and how did u attach to ensolite i.e. mounted into wooden window frame or ? Thanks for any info.....we are on Vanc Island.
JuliusB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 01:36 PM   #8

Name: George
Ontario
Registry
I have a real aversion to sanding the F/G gelcoat unless absolutely necessary. I suggest you check your local marine parts/paint store for paints and preparation. Since my RV is the T4500, it am not sure if the dimensions would be the same? My rear shelf is a U-shaped 11" shelf held in place by the alu frame for the curtains screwed to the top of the window frames. The front is a 12" shelf U-shape but there appears to be a wood support under the Ensolite on the door side since there is no window there. I hope that helps?
jokra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium